(Clearwisdom.net) Hongzehu Prison imprisons Falun Gong practitioners who have been sentenced to prison terms by courts located north of the Yangtze River in Jiangsu Province, while Suzhou Prison is the institution that imprisons practitioners who have been sentenced to prison by the courts located south of the Yangtze River. This article exposes several cases of how Hongzehu Prison persecutes Dafa practitioners.

In order to persecute the illegally sentenced Dafa practitioners, Hongzehu Prison set up an "education center." They collected a group of prison guards who have a so-called "high level of education" to act as the main force of the persecution, as well as other vicious personnel from other prison districts, to persecute Dafa practitioners.

In 2004, the prison issued a false report claiming that 1000f the Falun Gong practitioners held there had been "transformed", and that none of them had gone back to practicing (this was known as the "Two 100%" report). To prevent the report from being discovered as a lie by the public, and to prevent those practitioners who were deceived by the brainwashing and "transformed" from returning to Dafa, the prison transferred over a dozen practitioners to other prison wards.

Dafa practitioner Chen Zhangu is from Baotou City, Inner Mongolia. After he experienced persecution in Baotou, he went to Xinpu City in Jiangsu Province. He stayed with Dafa practitioner Sun Yufeng (a college classmate). While clarifying the truth about Dafa to people, Mr. Chen was arrested by the local police. Another practitioner, Che Guangming (also a college classmate) was arrested at the same time. Mr. Che is from Yicheng District, Jinhua City, Zhejiang Province. The policemen robbed the practitioners of their money. Inside the detention center, Chen Zhangu went on a hunger strike for over 50 days, to protest the persecution. He was force-fed many times. In 2001, the Xinpu Court sentenced Mr. Chen to 10 years of imprisonment, Sun Yufeng to 9 years, and Che Guangming to 4 years. They were all imprisoned at the Hongzehu Prison.

In 2002, Dafa practitioner Tang Xuebin refused to be "transformed," refused to wear a prison uniform and to call out "report" before entering the prison offices. The prison guards forced Mr. Tang to run on the field. When Tang Xuebin would not comply, the prison guards made some inmates drag him and run. Very soon after that, Mr. Tang's pants were ripped and his legs started to bleed. Afterwards, the prison guards put Mr. Tang on a big board to further torture him.

Dafa practitioners Ding Chuangao, Xie Zhaoyuan, and Du Shaoguang are from Honghua Town, Yancheng City, Shandong Province. They were arrested while putting up some truth-clarifying materials along the streets of Xinxi City. The Xinxi City Court sentenced them to 9 years, 8 years and 7 years of imprisonment respectively. They were imprisoned in Hongzehu Prison to suffer persecution.

In 2003, Dafa practitioner Ni Haibin remained steadfast and for many months refused to be "transformed." The prison guards held "meetings of criticism." Several times, Mr. Ni was transferred to the "strictly controlled" team for persecution. In hot summer days the mosquitoes are fierce. The prison guards ordered some inmates to tie Ni Haibin onto a bed board. They stripped off his shirt to let the mosquitoes bite him. Still Mr. Ni would not give in. When the prison guards intended to put him in the "strictly controlled" team again, the team refused to accept him. They said, "He is incurable" (meaning, he cannot be "transformed"). For several years, the prison would not let Ni Haibin's family visit him, call him, or even write to him.

In the same year, a Dafa practitioner surnamed Pan was forcefully "transformed," but was able to wake up later. He quickly rectified himself. The prison guards transferred him from the education center to another prison ward to be further persecuted.

In 2004, Dafa practitioners Sun Jinfu and Tang Xueyong refused to do the forced labor. Sun Jingfu was sentenced to four years of imprisonment by the Wangjia District Court in Xuzhou City. Tang Xueyong is from Yancheng City. Afterwards, their heads were shaved. Mr. Sun wrote a stern and solemn statement, and an appeal to prove his innocence. The solemn statement says, "All of my words and behaviors that were not in accordance with Dafa are void and invalid!" The prison guards immediately transferred Sun Jinfu to Team 1. Soon after that, he was again transferred to Team 5 in the First Prison Ward. Mr. Sun refused to do the forced labor. Hence, he was placed in solitary confinement. Four inmates watched him 24 hours a day. When his prison term was coming to an end, Mr. Sun was transferred to the "leaving jail team." Sun Jinfu refused to squat during roll call. He also refused to take off his hat or sing the Chinese Communist Party songs (they were forced to sing those songs before meals every day). Because Mr. Sun refused to do the forced labor (sew soccer balls by hand), he was once again put in solitary confinement. He was monitored by inmates around the clock. Sun Jinfu finally left the prison on February 9, 2005.