Additional Persecution News from China January 28, 2007 (19 Reports)
1. [Laizhou City, Shandong Province] 23 Practitioners are Arrested
During Jan. 23-24, 2007, the City of Laizhou 610 Office and national security departments arrested 23 practitioners in the Laizhou Department Store, Laizhou Theater, Statue Park, and various bus stations. They are currently detained in brainwashing centers in Dianzi.
Laizhou City National Security Team: team leader, Liu Jinbin: 86-535-2289252, 86-13589811377
Laizhou City Police Department: Director, Song Huajun: 86-13589887766, 86-535-2289111
Laizhou City 610 office: Director Yang Xuandi: 86-535-2238791
2. [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Practitioner Jiang Bin Arrested
At 8:10 a.m. on January 13, 2007, the police department in Ganjinzi district in Dalian and the police station in Sandaogou sent more than 20 policemen to arrest Dafa practitioner Jiang Bin. They broke into the house rented by Jiang Bin's family and ransacked it. During the process, a policeman hit Jiang Bin's wife Ms. Wang Lina twice.
Jiang Bin's father tried to stop the police and was beaten. After the ransacking, the police forcefully took away Jiang Bin's mother Ms. Ye Cuiran. Currently, Wang Lina and their child are homeless. Jiang Bin was arrested and detained at the Yaojia Detention Center.
List of items taken away during raid:
1) Cash: 13,400 Yuan
3) Two computers: one desktop, one laptop
4) 4 cell phones
5) 2 walkie-talkie
6) 2 flat screen monitors
7) 2 MP3 players
8) 1 digital camera, 1 regular camera, 1 color printer
9) >40 cases of printing paper
10) Some supplies for computers, including blank CDs and printers.
11) Jiang Bin and Wang Lina's IDs, driver's license and copies of other IDs.
12) Certificates for bank savings accounts, lease for house rental, statements for water and electricity
13) mini recorder and disks
15) 1 VCD player
16) 1600 copies of truth clarification material, 100 brochures, 80 CDs, 20 tapes.
3. [Qiqihaer City, Heilongjiang Province] 70 Practitioners are Under Persecution in Forced Labor Camps
Qiqihaer City Forced Labor Camp currently detains practitioners under various terms. Once practitioners are detained, they are forcefully brainwashed and forced to sit on "iron chairs." If they refuse to write the "Four Statements," they are deprived of sleep day and night and subjected to brainwashing. Practitioners are not allowed to talk to each other. Their family members are forced to curse Teacher and Dafa in order to be allowed to visit.
4. [Changchun, Jilin Province] Practitioner Zhang Haiyan Arrested
In the early morning of January 27, 2007, policemen from the Mingkang Road Police Station of Nanguan district in Changchun city broke into the home of practitioner Ms. Zhang Haiyan. Later, they went to her mother's home and beauty salon and took away their computer. On January 22, 2007, practitioner Ms. Fu Xian from Chaoyang District was arrested.
5. [Laiohe Oil Field, Liaoning Province] Sun Fengjie and Two Other Practitioners Arrested
In the afternoon of January 25, 2007, practitioner Ms. Sun Fengjie and Ms. Cao were arrested by policemen from the Jinzhou Oil Field. Practitioner Zhao Dan was also arrested. Currently they are being detained in the police department of Jinzhou Oil Field. The three of them are currently holding hunger strikes to protest the arrest.
6. [Jilin City, Jilin Province] Two Practitioners Sentenced
The Chuanyin District Court in Jilin city illegally sentenced practitioners Mr. Liu Hongwei and Ms. Muping on January 29, 2007.
7. [Nong-an, Jilin Province] Practitioner Li Xihong Arrested
In the afternoon of January 26, 2007, policemen from Qinshan county police station, led by Village Secretary of Tangjia Village Zang Qing, broke into the home of practitioner Mr. Li Xihong and arrested him. They also seized Dafa books and some truth clarification material.
Village Secretary Zang Qing's telephone: 86-431-83372112
8. [Jilin City, Jilin Province] Feng Shaogui and Two Other Practitioners Arrested
On January 23, 2007, practitioners from Jilin City Mr. Feng Shaogui, Mr. Xin Xin, and an anonymous practitioner were arrested by the Weichang police station and the Changyi police department. Later, their homes were ransacked. The three practitioners were taken to Jilin Detention Center.
9. [Beijing] Practitioner Ms. Zhou Yajin Detained in Xuanwu District Detention Center
Practitioner Ms. Zhou Yajin was arrested and illegally detained in the Xuanwu District Detention Center.
10. [Shanghai] College Professor Mr. and Mrs. Guo Shenghuan Arrested
On January 27, 2007, two professors from Shanghai Sifan University, Mr. and Mrs. Guo Shenghuan, were arrested. The wife, Ms. Zhang Yuxia, is currently missing. Guo Shenghuan is still under detention and persecution.
11. [Changli County, Hebei Province] Practitioner Shen Yanru and Zhang Xiulin Detained
On January 18, 2007, practitioners from Zhijiatuo, Xinji town, Changli county, Hebei Province Ms. Shen Yanru (who is in her 50's) and Ms. Zhang Xiulin were clarifying the truth to people in a market. They were reported to police, and they were arrested and detained in the Changli County Detention Center while their homes were ransacked.
Director of the 610 office in Changli county, Gao Jieli, 86-335-2021006
Changli County Detention Center: 86-335-2910746
12. [Taian City, Shandong Province] Practitioner Ma Anying, Xu Hongzhi and Liu Hongxin Illegally Arrested
At around 7a.m. on Jan. 25, 2007, Taian practitioner Ms. Ma Anying was arrested by police. At 9 a.m. on January 26, six to seven policemen ransacked Ma Anying's home. During that period, practitioners Ms. Xu Hongzhi and Ms. Liu Hongxin, who were visiting her home at the time, were also arrested. At night, their homes were ransacked.
13. [Yishui County, Shandong Province] Practitioner Liu Jingxian Illegally Arrested
Practitioner Ms. Liu Jingxian from Yishui County, Shandong Province went to the Eastern Market to distribute truth clarification materials at around 10 a.m. on January 12, 2007. She was stopped by the manager of the Second Store in the Eastern Market Zhu Wenxin and was arrested.
Zhu Wenxin's phone number: 86-13188709369
14. [Pinxiang, Jiangxi Province] Practitioner Liu Feng Illegally Arrested
In the afternoon of December 15, 2006, practitioner Mr. Liu Feng was arrested and his home was ransacked for distributing truth clarification materials. He is currently detained in the First Detention Center in Pinxiang City. Since July 20, 1999, practitioner Li Feng has been arrested and sentenced three times.
15. [Susong County, Anhui Province] Practitioner Zhang Lianzhi, Chen Ming and Tang Hexiang Detained
At the end of November 2006, Susong County Court in Anqing city, Anhui province secretly sentenced Mr. Zhang Lianzhi to three and half years and Mr. Chen Ming to three years in jail. Both of them have appealed to the Anqin City Central Court.
At around 9 a.m. on Jan. 16, 2006, practitioner Ms. Tang Hexiang was arrested in a store by national security agents from Anqing city and Susong county. She is currently detained in the Second Detention Center in Anqing city.
16. [Jishishan County, Gansu Province] Practitioner Lin Shengying Illegally Arrested
Practitioner Ms. Lin Shengying from Jishishan county, Gansu Province was arrested by local police while distributing truth clarifying materials on January 10, 2007. The materials and more than 400 yuan in cash were taken away. Later, policemen extorted her family members out of more than 500 yuan. Lin Shengying is currently illegally detained in a police station.
17. [Suining City, Sichuan Province] Ms. Wang Zhenhuan Arrested by Local Police
Practitioner Ms. Wang Zhenhuan from Pengnan town, Pengxi county was arrested by local police on January 16, 2007. Her home was also ransacked.
18. [Nanchong, Sichuan Province] Practitioner Xiang Lin Persecuted
The hospital of Gaopinchuan Central Jail in Nanchong, Sichuan Province conducted brutal persecution of Mr. Xiang Lin. The jail sent inmates to watch him and frequently searched his body.
19. [Handan, Hebei Province] Practitioners Ren Binxian and Wang Manqing Persecuted
Practitioner couple Mr. Ren Binxian and Ms. Wang Manqing live in Beiyingfeng village in Zhangerzhuang county, Wei county, Handan area, Hebei province.
Ren Bingxian, 37, had been homeless since end of November 2001. He was arrested by police while traveling to Puyang city, Henan at the end October 2003. Ren Binxian was illegally sentenced to 7 years in prison, He is currently detained in Yidong Prison in Hebei province.
Wang Manqing became homeless in 2002. She was arrested in January 2004 and sentenced to three years in Shibalihe Labor Camp in Zhengzhou, Henan. Wang Manqing held a hunger strike there until she was dying. She was then sent back home.