(Clearwisdom.net) Practitioner Mr. Liu Ruping, 46, is a lawyer and senior lecturer at the Changqing District Communist Party School, Jinan City, Shandong Province. He is an honest and kind person and does excellent work. He is the youngest person to ever hold such a position in this province.

Mr. Liu was detained by authorities in the Changqing Detention Center for posting announcements about the Falun Dafa Association. After publishing an article entitled, "Stop the Brutal Brainwashing of Falun Gong Practitioners," he was sent to a forced labor camp for fifteen months. On December 15, 2005, he was sent to the No. 2 Forced Labor Camp (Wangcun Forced Labor Camp), where he was subjected to brutal torture. The following is a partial eyewitness account.

As soon as Mr. Liu arrived at the labor camp, the guards had several collaborators harass him. However, he remained firm in his belief in Truthfulness, Compassion and Forbearance. He was sent to the Strict Management Section No. 8 by Division Head Sun Fengjun. Mr. Liu was forced to sit on a small bench in the hallway from 5:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m., with his face to the wall, his legs together, his hands in his lap and his back straight.

Situated near the top of a hill, Wangcun Forced Labor Camp is very cold, especially in the hallway where Mr. Liu sat. He was shaking from the cold and his buttocks were in excruciating pain. Even during the time of the New Year's holiday, he was forced to sit like that all day. After an extended period of time like this, his buttocks were bleeding and torn flesh stuck to his pants. However, the guards did not even allow him to take a shower or wash his clothes.

While Mr. Liu was sitting in the freezing cold facing the wall in the hallway for 45 days, guard Sun Fengjun punched him violently in the head and at the same time swore and laughed at him. Then Mr. Liu was sent to the Strict Management Area, where several criminal inmates assisted the guards to torture practitioners. Guard Luo Guangrong of the No. 8 Division ordered practitioners not to sleep until midnight and to get up at 4:30 a.m. They were not allowed to take any other breaks. They were only allowed to have two cups of water, and their time in the bathroom was restricted. They could not use the bathroom when they needed to, but had to wait until it was an "allowed time" to go. Practitioners therefore sustained severe harm to their bodies. Mr. Liu and many other practitioners had to do forced labor during the day, and in the evening, they were forced to sit on small benches. If they dozed off or talked, the criminal inmates would punish them.

In April 2006, Mr. Liu Ruping and Mr. Liu Jinyi, a practitioner held in Division No. 7, were sent to another division for further torture. The chief of staff, Li Gongming, did not allow Liu Ruping to sleep for three days. Mr. Liu continued to clarify the truth and along with Wang Housheng, another practitioner held in the No. 7 Division, refused to watch video programs that smeared Falun Dafa. As a result, they were both forced to stand for an extended period of time as punishment.

On two occasions, Liu Ruping refused to allow the guards to search his body and refused to be labeled as a labor camp inmate. He did not sign any documents he was ordered to sign. Guard Li Gongming beat and swore at Mr. Liu repeatedly. Mr. Liu sustained hearing problems and bruises on his face. A collaborator named Fan Lincheng also beat him up many times. One inmate kicked him and caused his toenails to fall off. Despite all that, Mr. Liu did not waver. Instead, he became more determined in his belief.

Having exhausted all means to no avail, Li Gomgming reported Mr. Liu to the management, who decided to torture him even more. On July 14, Mr. Liu was shackled to a chair while he sat on the floor, and his wrists were tied behind his back. Two guards stepped on his legs, two others held his arms, and another held his head. Then they used two electric batons to shock the inside and outside of his thighs. Although he was in severe pain, he did not waver. He shouted the formula for sending forth righteous thoughts. To silence him, the guards used a baton to shock his mouth. After three hours of being shocked with an electric baton, he had blisters all over his thighs and his mouth was badly swollen. After this round of torture, the guards moved Mr. Liu to solitary confinement in the basement, where he was hung up by his shackles. Later, he was shackled lying on the bed. He was only allowed to wear briefs, even during the night. It was very damp in the basement and mosquitoes abounded. The guards wanted Mr. Liu to be exposed to the mosquitoes as a means of torture. In fact, the inmate who had to guard him got most of the mosquito bites.

As a result of the electric shock torture, Mr. Liu could not take anything by mouth, not even water, during the seven days of solitary confinement. He was able to sleep but was only allowed to wear his briefs, even when the temperature dropped very low in the basement where he was confined. Mr Liu was the tenth practitioners on whom the guards used an electric baton for torture. The other nine practitioners were reassigned to a regular division.

As a result of the torture, Mr. Liu had to be taken out of solitary confinement and sent to the No. 6 Division to recuperate. Two weeks later, he was sent back to the No. 8 Division. Guard Zheng Wanxin had intensified the forced labor and all other measures for the practitioners. Practitioners could not even take Sunday off. The guards made the practitioners, especially those under Strict Management, work in the evening or on holidays with very little time for sleep until 11:00 or 12:00 at night.

Since the guards failed to achieve their goal in "transforming" Mr. Liu, they decided to extend his term for two more months.

Phone number for Shandong Province, No. 2 Forced Labor Camp

No. 8 Division: 86-533-6680420 (Head: Zheng Wanxin; Associate Head: Wang Baohua, Zhang Fengjun)

No. 7 Division: 86-533-6680427(Head: Jing Xusheng; Associate Head: Li Gongming)

Office of the Labor Camp: 86-533-6680417

Telephone of the Disciplinary Commission: 86-531-6689551