A Falun Gong practice site was established in my home village. From the very beginning, Aunt Sanshen was a dedicated practitioner. Although she was advanced in age and unable to read, she managed to regularly practice the exercises and keep up with Fa study by listening to Master's recorded lectures. Before long, Aunt Sanshen's diabetes disappeared. Many of the other diligent practitioners at the practice site also benefited.

When Jiang Zemin began to persecute Falun Gong on July 20, 1999, local village police started spying around our practice site. The practitioners were afraid to do the exercises openly and therefore stopped practicing, and the site was closed. Shanshen's husband passed away, but she and other elderly practitioners continued to come and offer incense, because Teacher's portrait was still at the practice site. The portrait was later also taken away by the officers, and practitioners were at a loss and stopped visiting the site.

It was suggested that they could practice at home instead. The suggestion created excitement, and soon a new tape player was bought and the exercise music recorded. Finally, the exercises and Fa-study resumed again!

Someone said to Sanshen, "Your son and son-in-law are both working. Aren't you afraid that their employment may be jeopardized if you continue to practice Falun Gong?" Later, both her son and son-in-law also objected to her practicing the exercises. The stress made Sanshen's hunchback even more pronounced. She could walk only with the help of a walking stick.

One dedicated practitioner told her, "Cultivation is your own personal business. You'll benefit from it if you keep up with your practice." Inspired by these words, she again resumed her practice routine and became even more dedicated. Her health improved daily. Whenever she clarified the truth to people, she often used herself as an example, telling them how her health had improved since she began practicing Falun Gong. Drawn by her sincerity, some people came around and asked to be taught the Falun Gong exercises. Then one of her daughters tried to persuade her to take up Christianity, and a niece also tried to get her to follow another religion. With great seriousness, Sanshen said, "Practicing Falun Gong is not only good for me, but also good for all of you. If you support me, you will benefit, too. Teacher has been protecting me all along. There is nothing I have to be afraid of. I am 78 years old, and if I hadn't been practicing, I would not be this healthy today." She was determined and would not be moved. She continued with her truth clarifying work and kept up with the three things.

During the winter 2005, Sanshen was left at home to look after the house, because other household members were away working in the city. Her grandson stayed behind at school, which was in town. That day it was especially cold. She asked the coal delivery man to move the coal-fire heater into her bedroom. There was the danger that once the door was closed, the gas from the coal could not get out of the house. She was alright that night, but the next morning, she got up at 6:00 a.m., and after sending forth righteous thoughts, she carried on with her meditation. That is all she remembers.

Her grandson came home at 11.00 a.m. and knocked on the door, but no one answered. He got worried, forced the door open, and saw Sanshen sitting on a chair unconscious. Bursting into tears, he quickly went for help. His second uncle, aunt, and neighbors came over. They looked at Sanshen and shook their heads, saying, "I think she's finished," but feeling her strong pulse, they quickly took her to the hospital. She was diagnosed with gas poisoning.

Sanshen woke up at 2:00 a.m., wondering where she was. Her son said to her, "When we saw you unconscious in the chair with your arms hanging limp, we were all scared."

Sanshen said "You don't have to be afraid, I am all right." She wanted to pull the IV out of her arm and sit up, but her son would not let her sit up until the drip was finished. Sanshen slowly sat up and did the meditation. She said her body felt boiling hot. While she meditated, her back straightened. Everyone around was surprised to see her sit so straight. They could even hear her bones cracking. Sanshen's spine was no longer crooked.

Sanshen stopped meditating and gingerly moved her legs to the floor to see if she could stand properly. She found that she had grown taller. Testing herself again as she stretched, she cried out with tears of joy, "Look at me, my back is straight again!"

Everyone was amazed to see the miraculous transformation of Sanshen.

Sanshen started to relate her story: "When I was 70 years old my eldest son took me to a Beijing hospital to see if something could be done about my back. The doctor said that three vertebra were severely damaged and that I would never be able to walk straight again. If I had an operation it very well could paralyze me, so no surgery was performed. It is hard to believe that because of Master my crooked back is now straight. They told me that I was unconscious from the gas, but it was Teacher who made me unconscious to help straighten my spine." As she talked, she knelt down and respectfully gave teacher three bows. With tears in her eyes, she said, "Master is my teacher. My crooked back, which I have suffered with for more than several decades, has miraculously been cured. Let us all thank beloved Teacher. You can now see the goodness of Falun Dafa."