Mr. Cai Zhigang

On July 20, 1999, Jiang and his regime started a brutal persecution of Falun Gong. One hundred million practitioners have suffered abuse including illegal arrest, imprisonment, forced labor, and torture, including Mr. Cai Zhigang of Jinzhou City, Liaoning Province.

Mr. Cai was first arrested on October 21, 2000. Police from the Wangjia Station and the Jinzhou City 610 Office arrested Mr. Cai when he was purchasing materials for his employer. He was forcibly taken into custody then detained for more than two months in the detention center. The police extorted 20,000 yuan from his family before releasing him, and his employer ended his contract without reason.

Cai Zhigang was arrested the second time on April 4, 2001. Police from the Jincheng Station detained him for six months in the Linghai City Detention Center, where he went through all kinds of cruel tortures. The most cruel form was when guards used the method "Carrying a Sword on the Back" (1) on him for more than three hours at one time. He was sentenced to two years of forced labor and served his term in the Jinzhou Labor Camp. He found a driver's job after being released, since he no longer had a contract with his former employer.

Mr. Cai was arrested for the third time on April 2, 2004. He was driving during a night shift in Jinzhou City Harbor. At 10:30 p.m., police from the Wangjia Station arrested him and ransacked his home and his father's home until 3:00 a.m. Mr. Cai escaped from the police station but had to leave to avoid being arrested again.

In the long three-and-a-half years he spent away from home, Cai Zhigang endured all sorts of hardships, especially the mental burden of the fact that his whole family had lost their source of income. His child is in college and needed his financial support. Mr. Cai became sick due to the huge mental pressure and he died on November 17, 2007, still far away from home. His death is a direct result of this brutal persecution.

  1. "Carrying a Sword on the Back" - The practitioner's hands are tied behind his back with one hand over the shoulder and the other hand against the lower back. The police then apply a great deal of force to pull the hands toward one another and handcuff the two hands together. See illustration on http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2001/11/24/16156.html (Figure 8)