(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Deng Li is a forty-six-year-old Falun Gong practitioner in Suining City, Sichuan Province. She was illegally arrested and taken to Team Seven, Division Three of Sichuan Women's Labor Camp by police from the Chuanshan District Office of the Suining Police Department on August 27, 2007.

On the morning of August 28, 2007, Ms. Deng and other new arrivals to the camp were forced to attend a brainwashing session operated by Team Seven. Inmate Huang Lijun, from Luzhou City, who was being held in the same cell as Ms. Deng and had four months left in her term, was appointed by the guards of the camp to be her "guard." Huang pulled Deng Li aside and ordered her to write a guarantee statement, but Ms. Deng refused. Huang then pulled Deng Li upstairs and proceeded to kick her in the hips.

At 2:30 p.m. on August 28, Huang, along with Li Qian and Cheng Yujun and others, locked Ms. Deng in the cell. They ordered her to write the three statements (letters of repentance, guarantee, and guilt) in the manner they dictated to her. Ms. Deng did not do what they demanded. Huang and Li then started to violently slap and punch Ms. Deng. Deng Li's left eye was struck, causing her vision to blur, and her face and mouth became distorted from the beating. Blood flowed from the corner of her mouth.

They continued beating Ms. Deng and demanding that she write the guarantee statements. They verbally abused her, saying that she was pretending to be hurt and that she just did not want to cooperate. Huang directed Li Qian and others to kick Ms. Deng's thighs and lower body. When she was pushed to the ground, they pulled her up, slapped her, and punched her head. When she fell again, they continued kicking her all over her body.

Suddenly Deng Li felt an extremely sharp pain shooting through her left hip bone, and she passed out immediately. When she awoke, a few "guards" came over from the other cells. Six or seven of them beat her arbitrarily. To prevent her from screaming, one person covered her mouth, and they beat her until she became unconscious. They repeated the beatings a few more times.

At dinner time, Ms. Deng was unable to walk. They pulled her out of the cell and forced her to eat, then pulled her back to the cell again after the meal. A training officer who was also present agreed that Ms. Deng was pretending, and ordered the "guards" to continue "helping" Deng.

The next day when Huang pulled Ms. Deng out of the cell to have a meal, another training officer in Team Seven saw how badly she was injured. The officer directed Huang to bring food to the cell for her from that point on.

Huang and the others were afraid that their criminal acts would be exposed, so they secretly worked up a plan with Li Qian, the main perpetrator, and decided to ask Ms. Deng to admit that her injury was caused by an accidental fall. Huang wrote a draft admission statement and gave it to the team captain to review, and then gave the draft to Ms. Deng to copy. Haung threatened Ms. Deng by telling her that she would die if the camp authorities found out what actually happened. The camp authorities were not to know the truth. Ms. Deng was to admit that her injuries were caused from an accidental fall.

To save her life and avoid being beaten again, Deng Li, who was lying in bed, used all her strength to copy the letter that the "guards" drafted for her. Her fingerprint was made with Huang holding her hand. The letter basically stated that the injury which occurred on August 28, was caused from an accidental fall.

Afterwards, the team police began a so-called investigation of the incident. They concluded that Ms. Deng's injuries were caused from an accidental fall.

On August 30, 2007, when Ms. Deng's facial injuries had essentially all healed, the team training officer took her to the labor camp hospital to have x-rays. The x-rays revealed that her left hip bone was broken, but the officer did not allow her to receive any treatment.

On September 3, 2007, the team prison police found that Ms. Deng's injury was very serious and reported to the division. The division training officers began investigating, and Huang subsequently admitted that she was responsible for kicking Deng Li in the left hip.

The division took Ms. Deng to Zizhong County Hospital to be examined and found that her left hip bone was broken. She received a limited amount of treatment from the labor camp on September 6, 2007.

Currently, the labor camp has agreed to let Ms. Deng go back to Suining City to be treated. On September 12, 2007, Ms. Deng's husband took her to Suining City for treatment. The doctors determined that she needed an operation immediately. The cost for the operation plus other medical expenses was around ten thousand yuan.

Ms. Deng Li is requesting that the Women's Labor Camp and its supervisory authorities investigate the incident. She is also requesting that the people responsible for the incident pay the medical and other expenses, and that the offenders, Huang Li and Li Qian, receive due punishment for abusing her.