(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Dong Xu is from Xiaotan Village, Baishatan Town, Weihai City, Shandong Province. On October 30, 2007, she was illegally arrested and sent to the local detention center. At around 5:00 a.m. on November 12, 2007, the police began their attempt to send Ms. Dong and another practitioner, Duan Huizhi, to a local forced labor camp for two years. Ms. Dong's husband, who had been waiting outside the detention center for quite some time, suddenly heard his wife's cry. He then saw that the police were trying to force his wife into a police van. He tried to prevent the van from leaving, but the police beat him until he passed out, and they drove away.

When the police van arrived at an intersection in the downtown area, Ms. Dong's son happened to be there. He stopped the van and noticed that his mother was handcuffed and shackled. He then climbed under the van, asking the police to release his mother. The police then made some calls asking for more police assistance.

Because it was the morning rush hour, more and more people arrived on the scene, wondering what was going on. Ms. Dong's son said loudly to the bystanders, "Look, everyone, you all can see what the Chinese Communist Party is doing to innocent people! They persecute good people!"

Several policemen came and pulled his hair and covered his mouth. Just then, Ms. Dong, who had her hands and feet handcuffed, and with her mouth bleeding, fell out of the van. The police then asked the armed police, who were summoned to help, to carry her back into the van, but the armed policemen refused, saying it was too cruel.

Ms. Dong fell out of the van several times. Each time she was forced back in. Her son kept shouting, "Falun Dafa is good! I want my mother!" The police then stuffed sand into his mouth, covered his head with clothing, and kicked his face and body. As a result, he had bruises all over his body.

The whole process lasted from 5:00 a.m. until 8:00 a.m. in the morning. In the end, both Ms. Dong's husband and son were taken to the detention center. Many bystanders were in tears witnessing how this family was mistreated by the police.

Later in the day both her husband and son were released. Ms. Dong's 83-year-old father-in-law collapsed upon learning of his daughter-in-law's two-year forced labor camp sentence. He was rushed to the hospital and was found to have a cerebral problem. He needed to be hospitalized right away. Ms. Dong's husband is the only son and can't take care of his father in the hospital. So the elderly father-in-law had to go home and get injections at home. Ms. Dong's mother-in-law is already bedridden. The family is in a dire situation.