(Clearwisdom.net) Since the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) started the suppression of Falun Gong on July 20, 1999, the CCP staff members of the Zuanjin Company at Shengli Oil Field, Shandong Province, including the company's secretary of the CCP branch, Tang Yuming, former Deputy Secretary Pang Zhonghan, and Zhao Bin from the disciplinary staff, have executed the CCP's policy of persecuting Falun Gong practitioners at the company.

The employees who are practitioners have been lied to and threatened, their homes ransacked, and have been incarcerated in sub-zero temperatures, subjected to face slapping, attacks with electric stun batons, and deprivation of food and sleep. They have also been punched and kicked, force-fed with hard liquor, imprisoned for extended periods of time, forced to stand for long hours, chained to water pipes for long hours, financially extorted, etc. In addition, the CCP staff members have threatened to fire Falun Gong practitioners if they should refuse to renounce Falun Gong. The following is a partial compilation of the facts of the persecution against Falun Gong practitioners at Zuanqian Company.

Husband and Daughter Became Mentally Unstable Due to Long-Term Persecution

On December 23, 1999, Ms. Wu Suqiong and her husband Mr. Huang Wenqiang were practicing the Falun Gong exercises at a public park when the police unlawfully arrested them and kept them locked in their workplace from December 24-27. Fan Linguo, the police chief of Huiyuan Police Station, repeatedly slapped Mr. Huang on the face, and kicked and punched him. At night, Mr. Huang was kept in the water room where he was chained to a water pipe with the window open. The temperature was so low that the water meter cracked. Later Ms. Wu Suqiong was chained to a ceiling rail for about six hours. A disciplinary staff member of Zuanqian Company named Zhao Bin demanded that Wu pay him 20,000 yuan in cash and threatened to take over her house if she should refuse to pay. In the end Zhao Bin extorted 17,000 yuan from Wu, which was the family's entire savings in the bank.

As for her husband Mr. Huang Wenqiang, he was stripped of his outerwear, shoes and socks after being beaten by the police chief. He was chained to a metal pipe in the courtyard and forced to stand on the cold concrete floor barefooted for about eight hours. The outside temperature was below zero at the time, with gusty wind. By the time Huang was unchained from the metal pipe, he was unable to stand.

On January 7-9, 2000, when it was windy and snowing, Mr. Huang was stripped of his outerwear and again chained to a metal pipe outdoors. Ms. Wu Suqiong too, was chained to a metal gate outdoors. The freezing weather made her hands terribly swollen. The practitioners were shaking in the snow, and were not brought indoors until 11:00 p.m. On January 10, it stopped snowing, but the bone-chilling wind made it feel even colder. The wicked police found a shady spot and chained Huang to a tree. Huang was deprived of his basic rights of using the toilet, food and water. The torture scene attracted many onlookers. Ms. Wu was chained to a low pipe in the patrol room office for two days and could not stand or squat. She had no choice but to remain bending over. Afterwards, she was chained to a metal pipe in the water room and deprived of sleep. She was not unchained until 10:00 p.m. This torture lasted for over 30 days. The torture left her legs terribly swollen. She was not released until she went on a hunger strike in protest and until the public condemned the police for the torture.

In October 2000, Mr. Huang was unlawfully sentenced to three years in a forced labor camp. Ms. Wu Suqiong and her daughter didn't have any income, so they had no choice but to rely on the kindness of their relatives and friends. In October 2001, Huang's blood pressure went up to 220 and he was finally released on bail because the warden feared that he might die in the camp. Huang was supposed to receive medical treatment, but the long-term torture and terror from the camp and his work organization caused Huang's health to deteriorate. Nevertheless, his work organization continued to spy on him. On December 25, 2004, Huang called on a former Falun Gong practitioner and ended up being unlawfully arrested and taken to Shengli Oil Field's brainwashing center. Three days later Huang was released, but he became mentally deranged due to the torture. He no longer even recognized his family. (An insider told Huang's family that he was given an unknown drug at the brainwashing center.) In January 2004, Huang's condition deteriorated. He was breathing, but he lost the ability to eat or walk independently.

Mr. Huang was known to be a very kind and forgiving man, but he has now lost the function of a normal, healthy person due to long-term persecution. Their daughter missed Wu dearly and constantly worried about her safety. Combined with the fact of her father's condition, the daughter cried constantly. She was unable to concentrate on learning at school and her grades dropped. But her parents' work organization would not leave her alone. They often went to her school to harass and threaten her. Due to the long-term pressure, she finally collapsed and was unable to live and study normally. She stopped attending school because of her condition and lost the happiness that belongs to a child of her age. A happy home was ruined. Without any financial resources, Wu Suqiong was forced to flee from the harassment and leave her mentally deranged husband and mentally collapsed daughter at home.

Ms. Liu Yurong Fled from Home to Avoid Further Persecution

When the persecution began Ms. Liu Yurong refused to renounce Falun Gong and faced various forms and levels of persecution from her manager Liu Guanjun, factory manager Feng Wei, assistant factory manager Ma Anying (now deceased), and disciplinary staff member Li Guifang. At one time, she was deprived of sleep for seven consecutive days and nights. She was also followed, spied on, financially extorted and dismissed from her job.

On October 1, 2000, Ms. Liu Yuong went to Beijing to exercise her constitutional right to appeal for Falun Gong, but she ended up being unlawfully arrested and detained by the Public Security Bureau (PSB) branch in Binhai for 15 days. Afterwards, she was locked inside her work organization. On the evening of November 25, 2000, Liu Yurong fled from the shack where she was detained to go into hiding. In May 2001, Ms. Liu Yurong returned to the shack to retrieve her personal belongings, but she found that her golden necklace and jade bracelet had been stolen. When Liu Yurong went to see her manager to claim her jewelry, but they kept transferring her to other departments. To this day, Liu Yurong is still in hiding to avoid further persecution.

Persecution of Zhai Shixi and Zhang Yulan

Because he persevered in his faith, Mr. Zhai Shixi faced persecution at his workplace.

On February 17, 2000, the factory manager Feng Wei attempted to force Mr. Zhai Shixi to renounce Falun Gong. Feng forced Zhai to sign a guarantee to stop practicing Falun Gong and forced him to pay 5,000 yuan. The money was deducted from his salary.

In May 2000, Feng Wei had Mr. Zhai monitored around the clock. Zhai was watched even when he went home for dinner. He lost his personal freedom. The monitoring activity lasted 15 days.

On November 29, 2000, Mr. Zhai Shixi went to Beijing to exercise his constitutional right to appeal for Falun Gong and ended up being unlawfully arrested and held in a detention center for a month. Later Zhai Shixi and Zhang Yulan were sent to a brainwashing center where they were forced to watch videos that slandered Falun Gong.

In December 2000, Zhang Yulan was again sent to the brainwashing center on the second floor of the labor union at Huanghe Oil Field Company headquarters.