(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Su Ruixian lived in Langfang City, Hebei Province. He was an office manager at the Langfang City Petroleum Communication Company. In the past eight years of the persecution, he was not allowed to work and live a normal life. He died on November 9, 2007 at the age of 57.

Mr. Su began cultivating Falun Dafa in 1995. He was honest, unselfish, and received awards at work many times. He conducted himself according to the standard of Truthfulness-Benevolence-Forbearance, so he was well-liked and appreciated by his colleagues.

Since the persecution began on July 20, 1999, there has not been one peaceful day for Mr. Su's family. Because he refused to give up his freedom of belief, Mr. Su was expelled from the Communist Party and fired from his government job.

In April 2000, Mr. Su and his wife (also a practitioner) were both forcibly taken to the company security office. They were ordered to write a guarantee statement, renouncing Falun Gong. There were police officers present to take the written statements. They both refused and were taken into custody for one month in the Langfang City Detention Center.

In October 2000, Mr. Su and his wife went to Beijing to appeal against the injustice of banning such a beneficial and harmless practice. They were both detained for one month again. After this detention, Mr. Su was sentenced to three years of forced labor and imprisoned in the Gaoyang Labor Camp. In the camp, he was tortured by being handcuffed for two months while being locked in a small cell (1) and shocked with electric batons. Once a guard whipped him with a thick nylon rope, covering his buttocks with purplish black bruises. His legs were covered with festering sores.

During his forced labor term, his employer held a brainwashing session. His wife was forced to leave town to avoid arrest and torture. Their 20-year-old daughter, left alone at home, received repeated harassment from their employer and the police. The police even took away her uncle in an attempt to force her to tell them her mother's whereabouts. At the end of September 2002, a group of police officers stormed into their home, took away their personal IDs and mail, and tried to force their daughter to reveal where her mother was. She did not know, so the police forcibly interrogated her in the police department every day, taking her there in the morning and keeping her there until the afternoon. Once, they asked for the house key, and she refused to give it. Police officers then slapped and kicked her.

Mr. Su returned home in 2003, and the CCP officials often harassed him at home. They would unexpectedly bang on the door and call him on the phone. Their employer only gave his wife 500 yuan for basic living expenses and fired him without a retirement pension that was due to him. Mr. Su was living in financial difficulty and under huge mental pressure, worried about his wife. He suddenly fell very ill and died on November 9, 2007.

Mr. Su's wife has requested her employer to give her a normal retirement pension. However, her employer said that she must first renounce Falun Gong; otherwise, he will not pay her the regular retirement pension.

(1) The detainee is locked up in a very small cell individually. The guards handcuff practitioners behind their backs in a fixed position, in which the practitioners can neither move nor lie down. The small cell is very damp and no sunshine comes in. Detainees have to urinate and defecate in the cell. Only half of a regular meal is served to detainees locked up in a small cell during the daytime. During the night, the rats scurry about the cell. The stench in the small cell is so bad that it is difficult to breathe.