(Clearwisdom.net) On October 7, 2007, Mr. Ruan Fanghua from Dongtundu, the Furong District, Changsha City, was reported while "clarifying the facts" to the local residents. He was then arrested by the police from the Longping High Tech District in Changsha City. He was sentenced to one and a half years of forced labor. Recently he has been transferred from the Chansha City No. 1 Detention Center to the city's Xinkaipu Forced Labor Camp.

Mr. Ruan Fanghua, 56 years old, was an employee of Yuanjiang City Paper Mill and had been a director of a workshop. He had a happy family and a loving wife. He is close with is daughter and son-in-law and he has a lovely granddaughter.

Simply for practicing Falun Gong and exposing the CCP's persecution, Mr. Ruan has suffered a great deal of abuse. On May 15, 2005, he was sentenced to forced labor for the first time for clarifying the facts to the local residents and was taken to Xinkaipu Forced Labor Camp, Changsha City. During his detention there he suffered all kinds of torture, both physical and mental. The first torture for practitioners on their arrival at the forced labor camp is sleep deprivation. They are not allowed to sleep for many days and nights. Then those in charge take advantage of practitioners' foggy mental state as a result of sleep deprivation and pressure them to write the Guarantee Statement declaring that they will no longer practice Falun Gong. This inhuman torture still going on in the forced labor camps.

According to Chinese law, the police department must inform the detainee's family of the reason for detention and the location of the detainee within 24 hours. However, after Mr. Ruan was illegally detained, besides an anonymous call by the Longping High Tech Park Police Station to confirm Mr. Ruan's name (Mr. Ruan refused to tell them his name and did not cooperate with their questioning to protest the illegal persecution.), no one informed his family of his detention or where he was detained. On October 12, 2007, when Mr. Ruan's family went to the police station to inquire about him, they learned that the case officer, Tang Liyang, was not in so they called his cellphone. They made three calls. On the first call he said, "You have the wrong number." He did not answer the second call. Mr. Ruan's family members called him on a different phone the third time, but Tang Liyang hung up the phone as soon as he learned their identity.

The police case officer had already prepared the materials accusing Mr. Ruan and sent it to the legal office of the Furong District Police Sub-department. However, on the morning of October 12, when Mr. Ruan's family members went to the legal office of the Furong District Police Sub-department to inquire about it, the officer denied that they had received it. (It was learned later that the material had, in fact, been delivered to the Furong Police Sub-department. On the morning of the 12th, when Mr. Ruan's family arrived at the police department, it had already been delivered to the Forced Labor Approval Office of Changsha City Police Department.)

When Mr. Ruan's family went to talk to police officers at the three levels--namely the police station, police sub-department, and police department--to find more information on the case, the police officers all repeated the same slanderous lies about Falun Gong. They even asked Mr. Ruan's family members, "Why don't you persuade Ruan Fanghua to renounce Falun Gong?"

During their sleepless waiting, what Mr. Ruan's family finally got was the news that Mr. Ruan had been sentenced to forced labor again.

Longping High Tech Park Police Station:

Huang Guang, Head of the Police Station: 86-731-4628209
Fu Guo'an, Political Instructor: 86-731-4611098
Tang Liyang, Case Officer: 86-13808423772(Cell)
Cheng Jian, Case Officer: 86-13755115163(Cell)