Ms. Zhang Xiaoping, a kindergarten teacher and Falun Dafa practitioner from HuaRong County, Hunan Province, writes about her experiences of being persecuted:

I am a kindergarten teacher. Because I would not give up my personal belief and wanted to become a good person according to the standard of "Truthfulness, Kindness, Forbearance," I have been arrested and detained six times since the persecution of Falun Dafa began. On February 29, 2000, I traveled to Beijing to safeguard Dafa and was arrested and taken to the county detention center. The police hung a big poster around my neck and tied my hands behind my back. They forced me into the back of a truck and drove around different streets in the county, exhibiting me as an object of scorn. After that, the county's 610 Office transferred 60 so-called skilled officers from the police station to the detention center. They would not allow me to go to sleep. They interrogated me day and night. One policeman called Bai Bangwu beat me. I insisted on doing the exercises, so they put handcuffs and shackles on me. They were not removed for a week. After I was illegally detained there for over one month, the police released me. I do not know how much money my family paid for the police to release me.

On July 20, 2000, the police again arrested me, took me to the detention center, and forced me to attend some brainwashing sessions. I started a hunger strike to protest and three days later I was released. However, a few days later, I was again arrested and returned to the center for more brainwashing sessions. I refused to give up my cultivation and was released.

On December 18, 2000, I was again taken to the detention center. At that time, there were over 40 Falun Gong practitioners held there. In protest, 12 of us began a hunger strike. Ten days later, a doctor was sent by the Political and Law Committee to the detention center, and we were given injections of unknown drugs against our will. Five months later, we were told they would release us if we wrote guarantee statements. None of us agreed, and Chen Lianghua, the team leader of the political security team of the 610 Office beat one of the practitioners. When I stood up to protest, he said I was the leader and dragged me into the office and closed the door. Gao Qihao, the secretary of the Political and Law Committee, threw his briefcase at my head. My mouth bled. They tried to shackle me but were not successful, so they pushed me onto a chair and tied me up with rope. It was May 14, 2001. During the violence, the back of Chen Lianghua's hand was scratched. He then told the police station director to come over and insisted that I had attacked him. Thus, in the afternoon of the same day, they told people from the 610 Office to take me to the county detention center. I was kept there for three months. Later the police extorted money from my family, forcing them to pay one thousand yuan for my release.

On June 5, 2006, the county's national security office, the 610 Office, the local police station, and others came and ransacked my home. They then pushed me into the car and took me to the detention center. I began a hunger strike to protest. Some criminals were ordered to force-feed me. One month later, I was sentenced to a year at Baimalong Women's Forced Labor Camp in Zhuzhou City. In the camp, the guards ordered some drug addict inmates to beat me. I was only allowed to sleep for two to three hours a day, meanwhile enduring hard labor.

On September 10, 2007, after 8 p.m. I was on my way home when Yi Liang, an instructor from the local police station, forcibly searched my hand bag to see if I had a copy of Zhuan Falun in it. (At that time I did not know that people were constantly monitoring me.) Yi Liang ordered me to get into the car, and I was once again illegally sent to the county detention center, while they ransacked my home. I was detained there for over 15 days, and only released after I paid them over 400 yuan.

Although I was a teacher who was respected by both parents and students, because of all the time spent in detention, I lost my job. The eight years of persecution I have endured has also deeply hurt my aged parents and all my relatives. The only way I can live is with monetary help from my family.

Today I am exposing these details of how I have been persecuted and appeal to all kind people everywhere to help stop the persecution of Falun Dafa practitioners.

October 20, 2007