Additional Persecution News from China - October 22, 2007 (25 Reports)
Today's Additional Persecution News from China contains reports of persecution that took place in 20 cities or counties in 16 provinces. In today's report comes news of 26 practitioners who were subjected to mistreatment during detention, and at least 19 who were illegally arrested.
- [Baoding City, Hebei Province] Supplemental Information Regarding Deng Wenyang's Torture Death at the City's Forced Labor Camp
- [Qiqihar City, Heilongjiang Province] Liu Shurong and Liu Guoying Arrested
- [Chifeng City, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region] The Persecution of Li Guirong
- [Xianyang City, Shaanxi Province] The Persecution of Yang Liying and Xie Liangchao
- [Liaoning Province] Personnel from the Shenyang Prison Complex's No.2 Prison Persecute Falun Gong Practitioners
- [Huadian City, Jilin Province] Fan Wenfang and Liu Lan Arrested
- [Fushun City, Liaoning Province] Cheng Min Arrested - Belated News
- [Shanghai] Ms. Wang's Home Ransacked
- [Shanghai] Guo Fenglian under Surveillance; Two Others Arrested
- [Tianjin] Undergraduate Student Feng Kun Arrested
- [Beijing] Dong Xiuhua and Dong Xiujun Arrested
- [Beijing] Wang Qingzhao Arrested
- [Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province] Five Practitioners Who Explained the Facts about the Persecution Were Arrested
- [Shuoguang City, Shandong Province] Liu Fude Arrested
- [Changle County, Shandong Province] Yang Xiurong Put into a Brainwashing Center
- [Anqiu City, Shandong Province] Supplemental Information Regarding the Arrest of Wang Xueyun
- [Changle County, Shandong Province] Ms. Li Jinzhong Arrested and Home Ransacked on October 26, 2007
- [Baoji City, Shaanxi Province] Duan Xiaoke Sentenced to Forced Labor
- [Changzhou City, Jiangsu Province] Wu Zhenghai Arrested
- [Gaozhou City, Guangdong Province] Zhang Xiangming Arrested
- [Zhuhai City, Guangdong Province] Supplemental Information Regarding the Arrest of Falun Gong Practitioners Who Had a Group Fa-study
- [Chengdu City, Sichuan Province] Persecution Incidents of Yan Xiuzhen
- [Luchuan County, Guangxi Autonomous Region] Several Practitioners Persecuted
- [Chongqing] Wang Zhihai and Zhong Daqing Arrested
- [Luoding City, Guangdong Province] Chen Jianguo Held at the Yunfu City Detention Center
1. [Baoding City, Hebei Province] Supplemental Information Regarding Deng Wenyang's Torture Death at the City's Forced Labor Camp
Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Deng Wenyang, 38 years old, was an employee from the Shanhaiguan Bridge Factory in Qinhuangdao City, Hebei Province. He had often been arrested and sentenced to forced labor since 1999. He was arrested again on September 26, 2007 and tortured to death in the Baoding City Forced Labor Camp on October 8, 2007. Mr. Deng's body was cremated after the police forced his family to sign the cremation agreement form. He was handcuffed and shackled until his death. There were bloodstains on his testicles.
Police had arrested and tortured Mr. Deng and sent him into the Baoding City Forced Labor Camp on August 30, 2007. However, the labor camp officials refused to admit him because of his poor health, so he was sent home. Though he had not recovered, Shanhaiguan City Police Department chief Zhao Ran and 610 Office head Zhang Deyue led about 30 policemen to his home. They broke into Mr. Deng's home and pulled him out of bed. Though he was wearing only underwear, the police would not let him get dressed or put on a coat. They carried him into a police vehicle. Mr. Deng's mother passed out while watching the police brutalize her son.
Baoding City Forced Labor Camp: 86-312-5939011, 86-312-5939023
Zhao Ran, Shanhaiguan City Police Department chief: 86-312-5052196, 86-312-3060933
2. [Qiqihar City, Heilongjiang Province] Liu Shurong and Liu Guoying Arrested
Ms. Liu Shurong, 57 years old, is a retired employee from the Mohe County Tuqiang Forest Bureau in Heilongjiang Province. Personnel from the Xinjiang Street Police Station affiliated with the Jianhua Police Department arrested her at 3:00 p.m. on September 26, 2007. They ransacked her home and confiscated many Dafa books. As they found some persecution truth-clarification materials that were originally from practitioner Ms. Liu Chunlan, police ransacked Ms. Liu Chunlan's home on September 28, 2007. They confiscated her son's computer, although he is not a practitioner and some other items. Ms. Liu Chunlan's whereabouts are unknown.
Ms. Liu Guoying, 47 years old, is a retired worker from the Geology Group in Qiqihar City. Someone reported her the end of September 2007 for distributing truth-clarification materials. Personnel from the Xinjiang Street Police Station arrested her.
3. [Chifeng City, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region] Persecution Incidents of Li Guirong
Police arrested 69-year-old Ms. Li Guirong from Wengniute Qi, Chifeng City in Wufendi Town early in the morning on August 25, 2007. She is presently being held at the Wengniute Qi Detention Center. Personnel from the Wengniute Qi Procuratorate have submitted Ms. Li's case to the Chifeng City People's Procuratorate and attempted to sentence Ms. Li.
Chifeng City People's Procuratorate chief: 86-476-8220195, 86-476-8225577,
Ba Ter, Wengniute Qi "610 Office" head: 86-476-6340247, 86-13847660266 (C)
Liu Caijun, Wengniute Qi National Security Division chief: 86-476-6340175 (O), 86-476-6326247 (C)
4. [Xianyang City, Shaanxi Province] The Persecution of Yang Liying and Xie Liangchao
Personnel from the Zhengyang Police Station arrested 46-year-old practitioner Ms. Yang Liying, an employee from the Weihe Power Plant on the afternoon of October 21, 2007. Later on, personnel from the Weicheng Police Department "610 Office" took Ms. Yang away and held her in the Weicheng Area.
Mr. Xie Liangchao, 33 years old, is an employee from the Xianyang City Weihe Power Plant Company. He had been sentenced and served two years of forced labor at the Zaozihe Forced Labor Camp, beginning in 2000. His wife divorced him. The police had ransacked his home and found some truth-clarification materials in 2003. They then attempted to arrest him, but fortunately he escaped. He has lived in exile since then.
5. [Liaoning Province] Personnel from the Shenyang Prison Complex's No. 2 Prison Persecute Falun Gong Practitioners
Mr. Wang Tao's family tried to visit him on October 23, 2007, but the police denied the visit because Mr. Wang did not follow their rules. Mr. Wang went on a hunger strike. Practitioners in the division wrote an open letter to the prison chief, but the authorities only responded with more abuse. The police then sent these practitioners into different divisions on October 26, 2007. Zhai Xuying and Meng Hua went on a hunger strike.
Liaoning Province Prison Administration Bureau: 86-24-86601675
6. [Huadian City, Jilin Province] Fan Wenfang and Liu Lan Arrested
Personnel from the Hongshi Town Police Station arrested practitioners Ms. Fan Wenfang and Ms. Liu Lan from Hongshi Town, Huadian City on October 22, 2007. They are presently being held at the city's detention center.
Practitioner Ms. Yang Mei, an employee from the town's Forestry Bureau, was recently arrested at a truth-clarification materials-production site in Songyuan City. Before the arrest, she had been homeless to avoid persecution.
Huadian City Detention Center: 86-432-6252052, 86-432-6256000
Huadian City Police Department National Security Division: 86-432-6227191
Zhou Jian, Huadian City "610 Office" head: 86-432-6220610 (O), 86-13804448659 (C), 86-432-6226288 (H)
7. [Fushun City, Liaoning Province] Cheng Min Arrested - Belated News
A special agent followed 28-year-old Ms. Cheng Min for about a week. Later on personnel from the Fushun City National Security Division and from the Xincheng Police Station arrested her at her workplace in the Petroleum No.1 Factory's Electrical Workshop at 8:00 p.m. on January 12, 2005. The police put her into the Xincheng Police Station. They also arrested her husband and ransacked the couple's home. The police confiscated a computer, a printer, some Dafa books and a platinum necklace. Ms. Cheng's husband was released and had 5,000 yuan extorted from him after a one-day detention. Police deceived Ms. Cheng's father into going to the police station and then took him back to his home. They ransacked it and confiscated some Dafa music tapes.
The police held Ms. Cheng at the Nangou Detention Center for 30 days and extorted 1,200 yuan from her. They sentenced her to three years of imprisonment at Masanjia Forced Labor Camp.
8. [Shanghai] Ms. Wang's Home Ransacked
Personnel from the Gaoqiao Town Police Station in the Pudong District, Shanghai broke into Ms. Wang's home. She lives in Room No. 302, No. 16 Building, No.1 Village, Tongxiang Lane, Gaoqiao Town. The break-in happened on the night of October 15, 2007. They confiscated some Dafa books and a computer.
9. [Shanghai] Guo Fenglian under Surveillance; Two Others Arrested
The police began monitoring Ms. Guo Fenglian on September 28, 2007. She lives near the Jinqiao Area in the Pudong District. In addition, Ms. Wu Lingdi from the Waigaoqiao Area was arrested on September 20, 2007. Ms. Tao Liyun was arrested on September 27, 2007.
10. [Tianjin] Undergraduate Student Feng Kun Arrested
Someone reported Ms. Feng Kun, an undergraduate student from the Tianjin University at noon on October 27, 2007 when she distributed truth-clarification materials. The police arrested her and put her into the Shanggulin Police Station. They interrogated her until early the next morning and transferred her into the Dagang Police Department. They did not inform Ms. Feng's family until 10:00 a.m. on October 28, 2007.
Ms. Feng's grandmother had been reported and arrested on October 20, 2007 for explaining the facts about the persecution of Falun Gong. The police ransacked her home and confiscated some Dafa books and truth-clarification materials. Police also had arrested Ms. Feng's mother last year and extorted 10,000 yuan from her.
11. [Beijing] Dong Xiuhua and Dong Xiujun Arrested
Personnel from the Yanqing County Police Department arrested Ms. Dong Xiuhua and her sister Ms. Dong Xiujun, both in their 40s, on October 10, 2007. They ransacked their homes. Ms. Dong Xiuhua has been released, but Ms. Dong Xiujun is still being held at the county's detention center.
12. [Beijing] Wang Qingzhao Arrested
Personnel from the Balizhuang Police Station and from the local "610 Office" arrested 62-year-old Mr. Wang Qingzhao from Balizhuang Village in the Chaoyang District, Beijing on September 25, 2007. They ransacked his home. Mr. Wang is presently being held at the district detention center.
Bai Yingjie, Chaoyang District "610 Office" head: 86-10-65094430,
Xu Shaokun, Chaoyang District Liulitun Residential Office: 86-10-65013243
Wang Quhua, a special agent who had followed Mr. Wang: 86-13651025549 (C)
13. [Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province] Five Falun Gong Practitioners Who Explained Facts about the Persecution Were Arrested
14. [Shuoguang City, Shandong Province] Liu Fude Arrested
Four officers from the Jitai Town Police Department arrested practitioner Mr. Liu Defu from Yaodian Village, Jitiai Town on the afternoon of October 24, 2007.
Jitai Town Police Station: 86-536-547111
15. [Changle County, Shandong Province] Yang Xiurong Put into a Brainwashing Center
Personnel from the Wutu Town Police Station transferred practitioner Ms. Yang Xiurong living in Qiujiahe Village, Wutu Town, Changle County from the Wangcun Forced Labor Camp to the Weifang City Brainwashing Center on October 23, 2007. Ms. Yang had just completed serving a one-year forced labor term.
16. [Anqiu City, Shandong Province] Supplemental Information Regarding the Arrest of Wang Xueyun
Practitioner Mr. Wang Xueyun, in his 60s, is a farmer from Gaojiaxiapo Village, Shidui Town, Anqiu City. Four officers from the Shitui Town Police Station arrested him and put him into the city's detention center on October 13, 2007.
Shidui Town Police Station: 86-536-4700024
Yang Haitao, Shidui Town Police Station: 86-13964750199 (C)
17. [Changle County, Shandong Province] Ms. Li Jinzhong Arrested and Home Ransacked on October 26, 2007
18. [Baoji City, Shaanxi Province] Duan Xiaoke Sentenced to Forced Labor
Personnel from the Weibin District's Shinong Police Station arrested Mr. Duan Xiaoke from Baoji City on September 1, 2007. Personnel from the city's police department and from the "610 Office" sentenced him to three years of forced labor, to be served in Xi'an City.
19. [Changzhou City, Jiangsu Province] Wu Zhenghai Arrested
Personnel from the Changzhou City's Wujin Police Department National Security Division arrested Mr. Wu Zhenghai at 3:00 p.m. on October 25, 2007. They ransacked his home and confiscated some Dafa books, truth-clarification CDs and materials, a copier and some white paper.
20. [Gaozhou City, Guangdong Province] Zhang Xiangming Arrested
Mr. Zhang Xiangming, in his 50s, is from Zhenjiang Town, Gaozhou City. He was arrested on October 23, 2007 for distributing truth-clarification materials and is presently being held at the city's No. 2 Detention Center. All family visits are denied.
Gaozhou City No.2 Detention Center: 86-668-6614886
Wu Zhiguo, Gaozhou City Police Department chief: 86-668-6635300 (O), 86-668-6635233 (O), 86-13702866333 (C)
Wu Hai'ou, Gaozhou City "610 Office" chief: 86-668-6698610 (O), 86-668-6671676, 86-13824850905 (C)
21. [Zhuhai City, Guangdong Province] Supplemental Information Regarding the Arrest of Falun Gong Practitioners Who Had a Group Fa-study
Personnel from the Xiangzhou National Security Division broke into practitioner Ms. Cai Huarong's home. The persecutors arrested seven Falun Gong practitioners who were studying the Fa together at 3:00 p.m. on October 17, 2007. They included Ms. He Yilan (released that day), Ms. Li Jinzhen (in her 60s), Ms. Zhan (in her 60s), Ms. Ou, Ms. Lu (in her 60s), and Mr. Liao. Ms. Cai is presently being held at the Zhuhai City No.2 Detention Center. Police confiscated some Dafa books and articles, copies of the Minghui Weekly, some truth-clarification CDs, and an MP3 player.
22. [Chengdu City, Sichuan Province] The Persecution of Yan Xiuzhen
Personnel from the Sichuan Province Hugufen Company colluded with personnel from the "610 Office." Beginning in May 2007, they suspended Ms. Yan Xiuzhen's monthly salary of 200 yuan. They recently began to withhold her retirement pension totaling more than 1,000 yuan.
"610 Office:" 86-28-89300837, 86-28-89307268
23. [Luchuan County, Guangxi Autonomous Region] Several Falun Gong Practitioners Persecuted
Luchuan County Police Department deputy chief Qiu Shuhua and the county "610 Office" deputy head Liu Guichu led several policemen to conduct a series of illegal arrests. They arrested practitioners Ms. Li Chunkui, Ms. Lin Cuijuan, Ms. Liu Xin and Ms. Chen Zhilian at their workplaces and ransacked their homes. They confiscated Dafa books, an MP4 player and some truth-clarification materials. They interrogated the four practitioners and released Ms. Lin, Ms. Liu and Ms. Chen afterwards, but they put Ms. Li into the county's detention center.
Liu Guichu, Luchuan County "610 Office" deputy chief:
Qiu Shuhua, Luchuan County Police Department deputy chief: 86-13635028899
24. [Chongqing] Wang Zhihai and Zhong Daqing Arrested
Forty-year-old Mr. Wang Zhihai, an employee from the Railway Bureau's Jiwu Section, and 55-year-old Ms. Zhong Daqing from the Railway Bureau's Tongguanyi Section were arrested. The persecutors put them into the Jiulongpo District Huayan Detention Center on September 28, 2007.
25. [Luoding City, Guangdong Province] Chen Jianguo Held at the Yunfu City Detention Center
Mr. Chen Jianguo was arrested and put into the Zhaoqing City Huanggang Police Station on the afternoon of October 25, 2007. Personnel from the Yunfu City Police Department transferred him to the Yunfu City Detention Center. Personnel from the Huanggang Police Station confiscated Mr. Chen's motorcycle.
Mr. Chen and his wife Ms. Shen Xuemei have lived away from their home to avoid arrest since 2003. They had been arrested many times.
Yunfu City "610 Office:" 86-766-8988833
Zhang Xinghua, Yunfu City "610 Office" deputy head: 86-766-8988160 (O), 86-766-8820205 (H), 86-13927113088 (C)
Wang Zhenzhou, Yuncheng District "610 Office" head: 86-766-8822016 (H), 86-766-8822301 (O)
October 27, 2007