(Clearwisdom.net) On October 31, Mr. Xiong Jinze, a Falun Gong practitioner from Changsha City, Hunan Province, went out on business and never returned home. His family called his cell phone many times but there was no answer. His wife carried their 23-month-old baby all over the place to look for him. There is still no news of his whereabouts.

Mr. Xiong is a kind person and never took another's mockery and jeering to heart. His family is greatly concerned about his strange disappearance and think it might relate to Changsha City's 610 Office, the local police, or the National Security systems, because these organizations had been harassing him.

Mr. Xiong Jinze is about 35 years old and a resident of the Tianxin District, Changsha City. Since July 1999, when Jiang's regime began the persecution of Falun Gong, Mr. Xiong and his family have endured unbearable hardships. He was arrested and detained three times because of his firm belief in Falun Dafa's principles of "Truthfulness, Compassion, Forbearance" and his clarifying the truth to people.

In July and August 1999, Mr. Xiong was arrested by the local police and detained for several days. In October 1999, he went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong. After he came back from Beijing, he was sentenced to three years in a forced labor camp and sent to Xinkaipu Forced Labor Camp in Changsha City. For detailed information about the persecution to which he was subjected at Xinkaipu Forced Labor Camp, please visit the following webpage: http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2003/9/21/40530.html

On the evening of December 20, 2005, more than ten plainclothes police officers from Changsha City arrested Mr. Xiong as he was working at a building site. Many people witnessed them beating him as they threw him to the ground and covered his head with a black sack. He shouted, "Falun Dafa is great!" His wife, who was about to give birth, was also arrested. The police also confiscated over 100,000 yuan in cash from him. The police also took about 4,000 yuan worth of home furnishing materials and a small vehicle. The police later broke into his home and took another 6,000 yuan in cash, as well as a computer and a printer worth about 10,000 yuan. The police also broke into his office and confiscated all cash, computers, and printers. The police then took him to the No. 1 Detention Center in Changsha City. He held a hunger strike for 15 days to protest the persecution until the police had his family pick him up.

At 12:25 a.m. on August 16, 2006, a strange car accident took place inside the freight terminal of Changsha South Train Station in Changsha, near Mr. Xiong Jinze's home. The accident caused one death and severely injured another. The deceased was Mr. Xiong's wife's aunt. Mr. Xiong Jinze's seven-month-old daughter was severely injured. When the accident happened, the aunt threw the baby onto a pile of sand. Four of the baby's ribs were fractured and there were wounds all over her body. Xiong Jinze's wife survived because she quickly ran away from the car. The driver fled the scene. For details of the accident, please visit the following web page: http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2006/10/20/79123.html

People who know the details about what happened to Mr. Xiong talked about it and expressed concern about this case. It is quite possible that it directly relates to those people and organizations that have previously persecuted Mr. Xiong. However, there is no further information about the case. Xiong Jinze is still missing without explanation, and his family and relatives are very distraught.