(Clearwisdom.net) In 2002, Shao Jun, Wang Bo, and Liu Batu, police officers from the Ke'rxin area in Tongliao City, went with officers from Kongjia Security Office to break into the home of Ms. Lan Guiqin. They illegally arrested her and took her to Hexi Detention Center, where she was held for over 13 months. She was eventually transferred to Baoanzhao Women's Prison and then to Huhehot City Women's Prison. She was detained for almost three years. Because Ms. Lan believes in Falun Dafa, she has been subjected all to kinds of tortures, including being handcuffed in very painful positions for long periods of time.

Ms. Lan Guiqin, 46 years old, is from Qianjiadian Town, Sifandi Village in the Ke'rxin area of Inner Mongolia. She started practicing Falun Gong in April 1998. On May the 13, 2000, she went to Beijing to appeal on behalf of Dafa and consequently was taken back by police from the Ke'rxin area and Kongjia Security Office. Ms. Lan was detained in Hexi Detention Center for a month. She was forced to pay the travel expenses incurred by local officials when they went to Beijing to bring her back, as well as taxi fares that an official's family member incurred going to the hospital. She had to pay over 1,000 yuan (she kept the receipt as evidence).

In 2002, police officers Shao Jun, Wang Bo, and Liu Batu went with officers from Kongjia Security Office in two police vans to break into Ms. Lan's house. They confiscated Dafa books and arrested her and her husband, Mr. Wang Gang, also a practitioner. In the Security Bureau Division, she and her husband were put in separate rooms. The police beat them ruthlessly, pulled their hair, and threw them against the wall. Later, the two were put in Hexi Detention Center. Mr. Wang was forced to pay 1,000 yuan and another 3,000 yuan (this was later returned). He was released one and a half months later.

Ms. Lan remained in Hexi Detention Center for nearly 13 months. She was then transferred to Baoanzhao Women's Prison. Seven months later, she was sent to Huhehot City Women's Prison. She was detained for nearly three years altogether.

In Hexi Detention Center, because Ms. Lan insisted on practicing the Falun Gong exercises, she was subjected to the "Pig chain" twice, first for seven days and then for six days. When someone is tortured with the "Pig chain," both wrists and ankles are chained together less than twelve inches apart. She could not straighten up her back, put on her clothes, use the toilet, or sleep. The torture is extremely painful. She could not do anything but stay in that position. To protest this abuse, Ms. Lan went on a hunger strike both times.

In Baoanzhao Prison, Lan Guiqin was forced to do hard labor. Because she again insisted on practicing the exercises, guard Zhou Jianhua forced her to squat as he kicked her head. She was handcuffed with her arms behind her back for two days and not allowed to move. She refused to wear a prison uniform and was reported, so the guards took away her clothes and printed "prisoner" on them [Ed. Note: Falun Gong practitioners often refuse to wear a prison uniform in detention because they are not criminals and have broken no laws]. As a result, she could only wear thin layers of clothes during the fall of 2003. They only returned her clothes when Ms. Lan was transferred to Huhehot City Women's Prison.

In Huhehot City Women's Prison, Lan Guiqin was beaten by inmates because she refused to wear a prison uniform. When she shouted "Falun Dafa is good," guards shocked her with electric batons for half an hour and put her in a humid bathroom (also used as a shower room) because the solitary confinement room was not yet ready. She was handcuffed with her arms behind her back for eleven days. She went on a hunger strike to protest. In the evening, encouraged by guards, criminal inmates beat Ms. Lan until she fell unconscious. Later, she was again beaten by over 20 inmates because she refused to have her hair cut short. She was again locked in a bathroom for four or five days,

In May of 2007, Wang Bo, the newly appointed director of the National Security Division of the Public Security Bureau, led police to Ms. Lan's home. They broke in and harassed her. Ms. Lan Guiqin sternly rebuked them and locked the door. They had no choice but to leave.

October 16, 2007