(Clearwisdom.net) On August 2, 2007, a police officer from the Chengli Police Station in Huancui District, Weihai City, Shandong Province reported Ms. Tao Xueling when she was clarifying the facts about Falun Dafa in the neighborhood. Officers from the 610 Office in Huancui District arrested Ms. Tao and took her to the Weihai Detention Center. Officer Liu Jinhu (male) illegally searched her home. The police ordered Ms. Tao's daughter pay 6,000 yuan, and told her that they would discuss the case after one month, depending on the so-called "performance" of Ms. Tao. The daughter refused to pay the illegal fine. She went to the 610 Office and demanded her mother's release. Officer Liu Jie (male) told her that Ms. Tao was sentenced to one-and-a half-years and taken to the Wangcun Forced Labor Camp. However, he did not show her any documents.

Ms. Tao's daughter had scheduled her wedding for early October. The news of her mother being taken to the forced labor camp hit her hard and she fell ill. On September 10, Ms. Tao's family went to the 610 Office to ask for her release again. Officer Liu Jie refused to meet them. The family made contact with him through the doorman. Liu Jie claimed on the phone that Ms. Tao refused to renounce Falun Gong, that one-and-half-years was a light sentence in such a case, and that their calls for her release should go to the Wangcun Forced Labor Camp and he had nothing to do with the release.

Ms. Tao Xueling is in her fifties. She lives in Xinghua Village, Weihai City. She previously had serious neurasthenia, chronic fatigue and severe insomnia. She also had other diseases, such as gastric disease, leg pain, etc. She started practicing Falun Dafa in 1996, and soon after, all her diseases disappeared and she became full of energy again. Falun Dafa gave her a new life.

Ms. Tao Xueling went to Beijing to validate the Fa in September 2001. She was illegally imprisoned in a detention center in Beijing for 18 months. While in prison, she suffered from various tortures, such as being forced to stand for long periods, being deprived of sleep and use of the bathroom, and being forced to defecate on a 1.3 meter-wide bed shared by ten people. During her imprisonment, one of her ribs was broken. She was released in March 2003. Her family received no word about her while she was imprisoned. Her daughter was only fifteen years old at the time, living on her own without a guardian.

Zhang Huimin (male), Politics and Law Committee of Weihai City, Shandong Province: 86-631-5276526 (Home), 86-13396313666 (Cell)
Huancui District Police Department, Weihai City: 86-631-5233230
Liu Jie (male): 86-631-5215208 (Office)