(Clearwisdom.net) The Chinese Communist Party (CCP) continued to persecute Mr. Wu Xindong during the eight years since July 20, 1999. He was incarcerated at Xinhua Forced Labor Camp in Mianyang City on two occasions. While incarcerated he was brutally tortured and sustained internal injuries. Later, he was destitute and forced to leave home to avoid the repeated harassment from local government and police. Finally, Wu Xindong could not endure the prolonged inhumane treatments anymore. He died on July 27, 2007.

Wu Xindong, 34 years old, was from the No. 10 Team of the Fifth Village, Qunli Township, Pengxi County, Suining City, Sichuan Province. He worked at Suining Beer Factory after graduation from college. He worked hard and conscientiously and took his responsibilities very seriously. He maintained good relationships with his colleagues and was always happy to help others. In 1996 he started practicing Falun Dafa and strictly followed the standard of "Truthfulness-Compassion-Tolerance."

After the persecution started on July 20, 1999, Mr. Wu went to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Gong. He was taken home and illegally detained at Wujiawan Detention Center for over a month. He refused to cooperate and was viciously beaten by police officer Zheng Dashuang.

In October 2000, Mr. Wu was arrested by police from the State Security Unit of Suining Police Department because he would not give up his practice of Falun Dafa. He was sentenced to two years at Xinhua Forced Labor Camp in Mianyang City, Sichuan Province. Mr. Wu resisted the persecution and as a result he was often beaten and tortured. In the middle of summer he was forced to stand in the hot sun and the guards would not give him any water. They repeatedly forced him to squat after standing for long periods. He was subjected to inhumane tortures.

In 2003, after Mr. Wu returned home, his employer fired him for no reason. Less than a month later, after visiting a classmate, someone who didn't know about the truth reported them to police. They were charged with "illegal gathering." Wu Xindong was arrested without due process, he was sent to Xinhua Forced Labor Camp for three years. Mr. Wu once shouted, "Falun Dafa is good" while in prison and was beaten until he was unconscious. The prison guards instructed inmates to beat him and then placed him in solitary confinement afterwards. On one occasion he almost died after being strangled by other inmates. He was tortured with electric batons, sticks, and police batons and this resulted in many internal injuries.

While in prison, Mr. Wu frequently did not receive money sent to him by his family. When his family learned of this, they went to the labor camp to investigate and discovered that prison guard Lou Sheng had withheld Wu's money from him.

Due to prolonged inhumane treatment, Wu Xindong's physical body was severely damaged and extremely weak. When his sentence was up, the local 610 Office still detained him for one more month before he was allowed to return home in July 2006. Following his release, the local government and police repeatedly went to his home to harass him. Wu Xindong was forced to leave home and live in destitution.

Around February 2007, Zhao Guangbi, an employee of the local post office, received a truth-clarifying letter. Zhao suspected that it was from Wu Xingdong and reported it to the Qunli Township Police Station. The director of the police station, Yang Changcheng, led three police cars full of officers to Wu's home. They coerced Mr. Wu's handicapped mother into turning him in. Only after condemnation from local people in the area did the police finally stop pursuing Mr. Wu.

Mr. Wu Xindoing died on July 27, 2007, while living in destitution.