(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Yang Chongyu was 53 years old. She used to be an officer at the local tax bureau. She went to Beijing in 2001 to appeal for justice for Falun Gong. On the train to Beijing, she exposed the CCP's use of propaganda and told people how it had framed Falun Gong. She publicly explained the truth about the persecution, which led to her arrest. While illegally detained, Ms. Yang refused to give up her belief in Falun Gong. She was sent to Wanchun Mental Hospital in the Wenjiang District.

In the hospital and under heavy guard, practitioners were administered psychotropic drugs three times a day. If they refused to take the drugs orally, they were injected with large doses. Following these injections, they would remain in a drugged state the entire day, semi-conscious and unable to move, or they would be subjected to electric shock treatments, which would also make them lose consciousness. The hospital officials did not allow practitioners to speak with one another. One day while they were sharing experiences with each other despite the order, the doctor dragged Ms. Yang Chongyu away for an electric shock "treatment" and then dragged practitioner Ms. Chen Jinhua to see Ms. Yang Chongyu's alarming appearance after the electric shock--her face was green, her lips were black, and she was unable to move.

Ms. Yang Chongyu and Ms. Chen Jinhua were both sent to Nanmusi Women's Forced Labor Camp in Zizhong, Sichuan Province, on July 3, 2007.

Ms. Yang Chongyu was forcibly injected with large doses of drugs and was forced to take many unknown drugs in the hospital, which made her suffer mentally and physically. After she returned home, she was often harassed and threatened by the authorities, who attempted to coerce her into giving up her belief in Falun Gong. She refused and continued to do the three things a practitioner is supposed to do. Ms. Yang Chongyu died on September 12, 2007. Although she was 1.60 meters (5'3") tall, she weighed a mere 30 kg (60 lbs.).