(Clearwisdom.net) I am Luo Junlan and I'm 54 years old. I live at No. 331, Dongping Street, Lanjiang Township, Anju District, Suining City, Sichuan Province. I am a tailor by profession.

I started practicing Falun Gong in late January 1999, prior to which I had been diagnosed with stomach cancer. I felt completely hopeless. My entire family knew no way out and was in tears. It was like a death sentence. Falun Gong has given me a new life and is the reason I am alive today.

Six months after I started practicing Falun Gong, Jiang Zemin's regime began to irrationally persecute Falun Gong. The local authorities ransacked the practitioners' homes, confiscated Dafa books, held brainwashing sessions and forced the practitioners to write Guarantee Statements to give up their belief.

Chinese Communist Party (CCP) agents have cruelly persecute me for the past eight years. These people ransacked my home and bashed the door in and harassed me over twenty-five times. I was too afraid to expose them. Today I want to reveal their evildoings and let people see the regime's true colors during the so-called "best human rights period" in China.

The Year 2000: Arrested and Tortured for Going to Beijing to Appeal for Falun Gong

On February 2000, four practitioners and I went to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Gong. A practitioner left a note for her husband, who submitted it to the police station. Our travel schedule was thus revealed. Police station officials rushed into my home and found I was gone. They took my sixteen-year-old niece Luo Yi to the police station and detained her for nearly one hour. They also threatened her, to make her confess to my whereabouts, frightening her so much that she sobbed. Politics & Law Committee Secretary Liu Yongjun threatened my young son, "If you do not provide your mother's whereabouts, you will be dismissed from school."

The same day, police station officials and those from other departments divided into two groups to search for us. One group took Xia Guanghua's car and went all the way to the Chengdu City Railway Station. Tan Faneng led another group to the Mianyang Railway Station. At seven o'clock they found us at the ticket entrance. Tan Faneng grabbed my hands and said, "It's been so hard, searching for you." And then they detained us in the waiting room where we told them "Falun Dafa is good."

After another group arrived, they handcuffed us and pushed us into a vehicle. Four fellow practitioners sat in a car where Tan Faneng acted as the driver and police station head Wei and policeman Liu Yongjun guarded us. I was forced into another car and sat in the middle. Xia Guanghua was the driver; on the left was Ding Run (a teacher) and on the right was official Zhou Zhijun. They claimed I was the leader, and they were afraid of my escaping. They stopped the vehicle along the way and went to dinner, but forbade me to eat. We arrived at the Lanjiang Police Station at 2:00 a.m. the next day. Street Committee official Xia Ying publicly body-searched me and confiscated all of my money, which they later returned. They also took a box of cookies I had bought and ate them. Later on they detained us in a small dark room.

The next morning at 8:00 a.m., Liu Zhongyun (a goon hired by the police, in his thirties) took me to the gate of the interrogation room and handcuffed my hands separately to the window's metal frame, making my feet barely touch the ground. Yang Chao kicked me ruthlessly on the feet and then separated my feet, with only the tips of my toes touching the ground. He used a one-foot-long baton to furiously beat me from neck to feet while slandering Master and Dafa. Getting tired from beating and abusing me, he ordered Liu Zhongyun near him to continue to beat me. Liu took the baton to violently beat me on the instep and threatened, "This time I will make you unable to run."

Finally he exhausted his strength hitting me on the left thigh five times. They used the baton to beat me over fifty times. I did not cry. I silently asked Master to help me. Without Master's protection I would be disabled. Yang Chao took my hands down from the window and handcuffed me behind my back to a chair. He then turned a fan toward me at the highest speed. With Master's protection I was fine. At noon Yang Chao arrived and noticed that I was fine, so he stopped using the fan to abuse me. He untied the handcuffs and took me to a small dark room. He did not supply me with food.

On February 20, 2000, Yang and Liu took me out of the room again and handcuffed me onto the metal window, with both arms pulled sideways and my legs spread apart. There was a tax office outside of the window. That day there were a lot of passers-by, so I told them loudly, "I am a Falun Gong practitioner and a good person." The perpetrators refused to bring me food. In the evening they detained Li Yuqiong and me in another small dark room with water in it and threatened to put us into a water dungeon.

Later on they forced us to write a "Guarantee Statement" and extorted a "deposit" from us. Each of the four practitioners was forced to pay 5,000 yuan and released. They attempted to make me pay 10,000 yuan before releasing me. My family had no money; they had to borrow 10,000 yuan for the "deposit." A woman official named Wang Benhua counted the money; Liu Yongjun gave us an informal receipt for 9,000 yuan.

They detained me for six days. The "detention fee" was 100 yuan per day. Adding to that a 400 yuan vehicle fee they made me pay, they deducted 1,000 yuan from my deposit. Liu Yongjun said if I did not go to Beijing they would return it to me in May. So far I have not seen this money. After my release, my thumbs were numb for a long time and my whole body was covered with purple bruises, especially my left thigh. The bruises gradually disappeared six months later.

At around 6:00 p.m. on April 7, 2000, Yang Chao arrived at my home and pounded on the door for over an hour.

On May 13, 2000, Liu Yongjun forced another seven practitioners and me to go to the Suining Party School to attend a meeting. When we arrived at the school, there were several hundred practitioners in the auditorium. Two women collaborators from Nanmusi Forced Labor Camp came to the auditorium to try to "transform" us.

On June 2, 2000 practitioner Tian Shiqiang took his two-year-old son along to go to Beijing to appeal. He died as a result of torture on June 7, 2000 by the evildoers in Beijing. Police officer Duan Zhenhua rushed into my home and interrogated me, "Who told Tian Shiqiang to go to Beijing?" I replied that I did not know him and had no knowledge of this incident.

On June 29, Liu Yongjun and Duan Zhenhua ordered practitioner Wang Chunlan and me to go to the Township Government office. They tried to make a recording, to tell people that we no longer practiced Falun Gong and no longer would go to Beijing to appeal. I did not cooperate with them. Wang Benhua and a female government official named Tang Yuying guarded us. They detained us for three days, saying they were afraid we would go to Beijing to appeal on July 1, 2000.

One day in November 2000, around 8:00 p.m., Duan Zhenhua and police officer Tang Guishu suddenly broke into my home. They said Tan Ping and Wang Guilan had gone to Beijing to appeal and was arrested in Chongqing City. They wanted to make sure I was at home.

On January 9, 2001 persecutors Liu Yongjun, Yang Chao and Armed Forces Department Head Zhong Wenfu led policemen to ransack my home.

As soon as Yang Chao entered my home, he immediately went downstairs and opened the back door, letting three other people come into my home, eight people in all. They confiscated a copy of the book Zhuan Falun, a tape player and exercise tape, and then took me to the police station. They transferred me to the Township Government office in the middle of the night.

The next day they arrested several practitioners. There was only one bench for the thirteen of us, so I sat on a bag on the ground. Zhong Wenfu rushed into the office and pulled the bag out from under me, thundering, "Sit on the ground." After a while he shouted again, "Sit in the corner." I witnessed government official Lu Shaohua beat Liao Qinghai (a single man) on the face, and then he dragged him to the next room and beat him. We all heard the "wham-wham" sounds along with verbal abuse. He ordered reporter Lu Lin from Suining City to make a video. He tried to force us to slander Master and Dafa, but I defied him. They intended to make a video of me first, but I said, "I developed stomach cancer that completely disappeared once I practiced Falun Gong. Now I no longer need to take medicine!" They stopped making the video and forbade me from speaking.

Zhong Wenchu's wife was in charge of cooking for us. In addition to a few vegetables, we only ate porridge at each meal, that was mainly water. However, they compelled us to pay 50 yuan for room and board per day. They detained us for four days and forbade us to sleep. Every two persons as a group brainwashed and guarded us and they took turns every two hours. Each practitioner was extorted 5,000 yuan "deposit," 200 yuan for room and board. In addition, they required six people to guarantee us. They deducted all my fees from the 9,000 yuan Yongjun had given me a receipt for. In actuality I had handed over 10,000 yuan to him and he had embezzled 1,000 yuan!

At 10:00 a.m. on January 18, 2001 practitioner Tang Deshu wanted to go to the countryside to spend the New Year. Passing by my house, he came in, stayed for five minutes and went away. A person reported this, and soon after Zhong Wenfu led eight people to break into my home and ferociously ask, "Why did Tang Deshu come to your home?" They searched everywhere and found nothing. Finally they had to leave.

2001: My 12-year-old Son Was Compelled to Leave School

One day in April 2001, school director Huang Liyun ordered my 12-year-old son Luo Wen to his office. Once there, he slapped him on the face and said, "Your mother is a Falun Gong practitioner." Another teacher concurred saying, "The fact that his mother is practicing Falun Gong implicates him." From then on my son was forced to leave school and he lost his chance for an education. Later, my son, not yet thirteen years old, left home and went to Yunnan Province to learn how to repair vehicles.

In 2001, one day around 9:00 p.m., practitioner Su Qionghua from Suining City died as a result of torture. On the same day, Yang Chao led five people to come knocking on my door. I asked them to state their business. Yang demanded to know if we were going to Suining City the following day to make trouble. I replied I did not know. They then left. Tan Faneng and Liu Yongjun led several people again to my door in the middle of the night. They arrested me and took me to the police station where they detained five other practitioners and me for two days. Later on we got to know because of the circumstances of Su Qionghua's death from torture that the policemen were afraid we would go to Suining City. Su Yue, practitioner Ms. Su Qionghua's daughter, not yet thirteen years old, lost her mother forever.

Another day in 2001, Duan Zhenhua took a 200-yuan invoice and declared that each Falun Gong practitioner should pay a 200-yuan fine.

On June 7, 2001, Yang Chao led five people to come to my home to search me, but I was away. In the evening, Politics & Law Committee Secretary Sun Qifu led other people to ransack Li Yuqiong's home, and arrested Li Yuqiong and her elder son.

On the evening of June 13, 2001 Su Qifu led other people to ransack Tan Ping's home and arrested her.

The evening of June 20, 2001 government official Yang Chao, Zeng Guangli and two other people went to my home and ransacked it. They did not find anything they wanted, so Zeng Guangli confiscated my ID card. I went to ask for it later on. They waffled and did not return it to me. When Zeng Guangli eventually returned my ID card to me, he asked me to write up an informal receipt. I asked, "Why should I write up a receipt?"

2002: Ruthlessly Beaten for Refusing to Write a "Guarantee Statement"

One day in October 2002, Panjiafu Street Committee officials ordered Falun Gong practitioners to go to the township compound, but I did not go. In the evening Lu Shaofa led four people to my home to force me to go. When I arrived I saw the practitioners who were arrested in the daytime. Several dozen government officials and other people surrounded the practitioners, took pens and paper and ordered them to write a Guarantee Statement.

I refused to write. Tan Faneng rushed out of the crowd with a cup in one hand, grabbed me by my collar with another hand and pulled me to the middle of the room. He hit me on the neck, and beat me down and kicked me twice. I thought, "I am a Falun Gong practitioner, so I should not stay down." I stood up at once. He also verbally abused me and forcibly took me to the police station. Tan Faneng violently kicked me on the back by the police vehicle's door. At the police station he handcuffed me to a chair. After midnight, street committee officer Peng Fang and another person took me home. I had back pain for several months.

Another day in October 2002, Wu Cunzhong and Tao Chunming, officers at the police station, came to my home to write down my ID number. They said the 16th Party Congress would be held soon, and the officials were trying to prevent us from going to Beijing.

2003: Leaving My Home to Avoid Further Abuse

One night in 2003, street committee officers Li Miejiang and Jiang Wansheng led other people twice to my home to knock on my door.

At 8:00 p.m. one other evening, street committee head Chen Xirong led a group of people to my door. A man told a lie that an old woman was looking for me. I believed him and opened my door. Chen pointed to a tall man and said, "Deputy Mayor Jiang comes to visit you." One of them entered the room and searched the premises. They found nothing they wanted, so they left.

Having endured numerous ransacking, detentions and harassment, I decided to go to Yunnan Province on October 12, 2003, to avoid further persecution. I felt depressed, leaving fellow practitioners and the cultivation environment. I also realized that I should not always hide and ought to go back to do what I should do. Less than a year later, on July 8, 2004, I returned home and began to validate the Fa and offer sentient beings salvation again.

2005: Police Arrested and Robbed Me

On August 9, 2005, four practitioners and I went to Tailai County to explain the persecution facts. Someone reported us. The evildoers ransacked my home and took me to the Lezhi Detention Center to detain me for 10 days. The policemen extorted 2,495 yuan cash.

2006: Police Frequently and Violently Knocked on My Door

In March 2006, the policemen came to my home and harassed me many times. At around 9:00 p.m. on March 10, the police violently knocked on my door, but they did not succeed in entering my home. At 4:30 a.m. on March 12, they bashed the door in to harass me, but failed to enter my home. On the evening of March 18, street committee head Chen Xirong led other people to go to my mother's home to harass the people there.

On June 9, 2006 Tang Guishu and another person arrived in a police car at my home and ordered me to go to the street committee office, saying officials there wanted to interview me regarding certain matters. I replied, "Each time you deceived me into going you either detained me for several days or tried to force me to write a Guarantee Statement. I resolutely refuse to go. It is not wrong to be a good person according to the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance!" They finally drove away.

At 9:00 p.m. on October 24, 2006, government official Huang Xuanping led six people to pound on my door to harass me.

2007: Police Could Not Find Me, So They Arrested My Daughter-in-Law

At 5:00 p.m. on June 28, 2007, a group of policemen drove to my home, broke in and ransacked it. They confiscated a portrait of Master Li, Dafa books, CD and an mp3 player. With Master's protection I escaped. They arrested my daughter-in-law and took her to the police station, using threats and intimidation to make her confess to my whereabouts. They asked her where the "machine" was, and she replied the sewing machine was downstairs. After detaining her for several hours they released her. That day the policemen destroyed quite a few truth-clarifying materials sites and arrested many practitioners.

I am unwilling to return home, because the police are searching for me everywhere and enticing people with money to capture me. They claimed that whoever reports me would be rewarded with 2,000 yuan. Over the past eight years, the perpetrators have ransacked my home and pounded on my door to harass me more than twenty-five times.

Good will be rewarded and evil punished

Nobody can escape the judgment of Heaven. The following people are the perpetrators in our region who have personally participated in persecuting Falun Gong practitioners and received retribution:

Zhong Wenfu was hit by a car and died as a result of this accident in 2003. Several days after Liu Zhongyun beat me, his house completely burned down. Song Minglin (a teacher) composed an allegretto slandering Dafa and performed it on July 1, 2006 (the day cerebrating the establishment of the CCP); he developed cancer and died on May 21, 2007.