(Clearwisdom.net) Because she removed banners that the wicked Chinese Communist Party made to defame Falun Gong, practitioner Ms. Yan Jingqiu of Qingdao City was arrested by police and sent to Wangcun Forced Labor Camp for an illegal term of two and a half years. Because of the mental pressure, her husband suffered from a severe illness and passed away; Ms. Yan was not allowed to see him before his death. The forced labor camp forbade Ms. Yan to visit her husband because she refused to sign a guarantee statement to give up her beliefs. She is still unlawfully imprisoned and her daughter is at home alone.

Ms. Yan, 48, went to Beijing to appeal in December 1999, and consequently was illegally detained, imprisoned, and sent to a forced labor camp repeatedly; she suffered tremendously from cruel torture. At Tiananmen Square in Beijing, police officers beat her. Her face became deformed as a result and her mouth was so swollen that she could not drink anything. In the detention center and forced labor camp, she was force-fed many times, locked in a lavatory and forbidden to sleep. Guards placed a stick over her legs and two men stepped on it. Her hands and legs were bound and she could not walk or sleep. When her family picked her up, they could not undo the shackles for over two hours because of rust. Her family found her to be emaciated and she was extremely feeble.

On the morning of August 4, 2005, the Beizhong Office in Qingdao City hung up a banner smearing Falun Gong. To stop the banner from poisoning people with lies, Ms. Yan Jingqiu cut the banner down. She was arrested by a person who was monitoring the banner nearby and sent to Beizhong Police Station in Qingdao City. At Beizhong Police Station, a policeman named Xiu sent her to Dashan Detention Center. In less than a month, she was sent to Wangcun Forced Labor Camp for an illegal term of two and a half years.

Her husband Li Wanjie went to Wangcun Forced Labor Camp to visit her. Seven or eight policemen pushed him away and would not allow him to visit his wife. They stated they would not allow Ms. Yan and her husband to meet unless she was "transformed." Once, with a great deal of effort, Li Wanjie got a call through to her. As soon as they began to talk, Ms. Yan Jingqiu started to expose the bad deeds committed by Wangcun Forced Labor Camp and their call was disconnected.

Li Wanjie was angry and resentful. He was very worried about his wife because he had not seen her for two years. Seeing his elderly mother and his daughter, he could not bear it any longer. Being resentful for a long period and weary in making a living, he was diagnosed with leukemia and admitted to the hospital for emergency treatment. In the hospital, Li Wanjie wanted to see his wife for one last time.

Knowing he was critically ill and with tears in her eyes, Li Wanjie's sister visited the city's North District Government, Representative's Office and 610 Office. She was told to go to the forced labor camp to ask for people. The forced labor camp said that Ms. Yan Jingqiu had to write a statement promising to give up practicing Falun Gong as the condition of visiting her husband. Ms. Yan did not agree to this unreasonable demand, so they did not allow her to visit her husband and claimed that they would extend her term because she was too stubborn.

All Ms. Yan wanted to do was believe in "Truthfulness, Compassion, Tolerance". She is a cultivator and she did not do anything wrong. During the over two years of imprisonment in the forced labor camp, she suffered from numerous cruel torture methods for being steadfast in her beliefs. Because the camp blocks any information about her condition, she suffers from torture methods unknown to the outside world. She has walked between life and death several times without giving up her faith. The guards in the camp tried to force her to write a guarantee promising to give up practicing Falun Gong when her husband was dying. Ms. Yan Jingqiu's father, who is in his eighties, was also not able to see his daughter when he was critically ill.

On the night of September 24, 2007, Ms. Yan Jingqiu's husband Li Wanjie passed away at the age of forty-nine. His family did not dare to let his elderly and seriously ill mother know about this. Ms. Yan Jingqiu's daughter is 160 centimeters in height, but is so thin that she only weighs 45 kilograms.