(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Chen Shaoqing from the Mazhang District, Zhanjiang City, Guangdong Province used to be a teacher at an elementary school. The Chinese Communist Party (CCP) has persecuted her for the past eight years because she practices Falun Gong and believes in "Truthfulness, Compassion, Tolerance".

Ms. Chen's husband divorced her because he couldn't bear the CCP's persecution

On July 20, 1999, the CCP started the persecution against Falun Gong. Ms. Chen did the exercises in a local park and was detained for 15 days. In November 1999, she went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong and was detained for 15 days. Her employer fired her after she got home.

In March 2000, Li Chengjue from Ruiyun Police Station in the Mazhang District and another officer broke into Ms. Chen's house in the middle of a night and took her to the the police station. The police only asked her one question and locked her in the Mazhang District Detention Center for a year and ten months. During this time, her husband couldn't stand the persecution and was forced to divorce her.

Twice without a place to stay

After Ms. Chen was released from the Mazhang District Detention Center, the police went to her house to harass her twice a day and threatened to arrest her family if she went to Beijing again.

In November 2001, she had to leave home to protect her family and avoid further persecution.

In July 2002, the police arrested Ms. Chen. She went on a hunger strike for 28 days. She became dangerously underweight and her life was in danger. The police didn't want her to die in the station and told her family to come and take her home. In less than two months, the police went to her home and arrested her again. She went on a hunger strike for 11 days and vomited blood. The police again wanted to avoid responsibility and called her family to take her home. The police didn't give up and were planning to take her to a brainwashing center. In October 2002, she had to leave home again to avoid being further persecuted.

Tortured in Sanshui Forced Labor Camp

On March 12, 2003, a police officer arrested Ms. Chen on the street. The second day, the police took her to Sanshui Women's Forced Labor Camp in Guangdong Province and sentenced her to three years.

Ms. Chen was locked up alone in a medical room. Three guards and three collaborators took turns monitoring her around the clock. She was forced to squat on the ground 24 hours a day without going to the toilet, sleeping, standing up, or sitting down. If she didn't squat properly, the collaborators would pinch her until she was bruised and elbow her in the back. The guards said to the collaborators, "We didn't see a thing."

Tang Guangli, director of the police station, ordered the guards to threaten Ms. Chen with electric batons. The guards forced her to watch TV during the day and listen to tapes that slandered Falun Gong with earphones at the highest volume. When she was sleepy, the guards would instigate the collaborators to poke her nose or to pull her eyelids up. The two collaborators often tortured her and poured cold water on her.

During the SARS epidemic in 2003, the guards took Ms. Chen to a brigade that was designated to torture practitioners. She had to do intensive hard labor in the morning, and in the afternoon she was brainwashed and had to write thought reports. When she refused to cooperate, the guards would order three collaborators to drag her downstairs and to a building 900 feet away. Once the collaborators didn't drag her downstairs but pushed her down. Her head was injured and her ankle was injured.

One night around eight o'clock, a guard called Ms. Chen to a room and tried to force her to say that she committed a crime by passing on Teacher's articles. She asked the guard, "What exactly is the crime that I committed? If you want to convict me with the two booklets in your hand, please read aloud what is in them." The guard had nothing to say and told two collaborators to torture her for nine hours. She was not allowed to sleep that night and had to sit on a small stool the whole time. This type of torture happens often.

In March 2004, the guards locked Ms. Chen in a "strict management room" because she didn't follow orders. She went on a hunger strike for 30 days. She became so weak that she couldn't walk afterward. The guards didn't want her to die and have to bear the responsibility, so they transferred her back to her original unit. Two collaborators monitored her around the clock.

The camp didn't allow women to have long hair. In order to protest the persecution of Falun Gong practitioners, Ms. Chen refused to cut her hair. The guards ordered a few collaborators to push her down on the ground and cut her hair. She refused to line up every morning to respond to roll call. The collaborators would force her to go to the lineup and pushed her down on the ground when her name was called. This type of inhumane treatment wouldn't stop until she shouted out loud, "Guards force prisoners to beat Falun Gong practitioners."

In February 2005, Ms. Chen went on a hunger strike again to protest the guards' endless torture. Her weight dropped from 100 lbs to 70 lbs. She was so underweight that her muscles atrophied and her life was in danger. The camp didn't want to be responsible for her death and had the director of the local 610 Office send her home.

After she returned, the director of the 610 Office often went to her home or her workplace to harass her. Her family wasn't spared and had to live their lives in constant fear and worry.

Locked in solitary confinement and diagnosed with liver cancer

At 8 p.m. on March 9, 2007, Sun Kangqiong, director of the Mazhang District, Zhanjiang City and You Lanying went with a lot of police officers in several cars and broke into Ms. Chen's home. The police claimed she hadn't written a statement saying she renounced Falun Gong and arrested her. They put her in a 20-square-foot room in the Zhanjinag City Legal School (Brainwashing Center.) She wasn't allowed to leave the room that had one iron gate, a window with iron bars, and a speaker and a monitor. She ate, lived, and went to the toilet in the same place everyday. She had to talk to the so-called teachers and principals everyday. The center played speeches through the high-volume speaker to mentally torture her.

Ms. Chen once protested the illegal persecution. Principal Wang Jianjun ordered security to put her in a dark room with no window or light, only speakers and a monitor. Once she protested about the loud volume of the speakers, Principal Fu Shaoqun hit her so hard on her temples that she fainted right away. Fu poured boiling water on her and woke her up. Ms. Chen's head and body were soaked and her face was disfigured. She couldn't even eat.

Under such physical and mental torture, Ms. Chen could barely walk when holding on to something. Chen Jun, director of the Zhanjiang City 610 Office, feared Ms. Chen's family would learn about her situation, and quickly transferred her to the Sanshui Legal Education School in Guangdong Province on April 22 to continue the persecution. Guards in Sanshui saw her physical condition worsen every day and took her to a hospital. She was diagnosed with liver cancer. Chen Jun released her on April 30. 2007.