(Clearwisdom.net) On November 2, 2006 when Wuhan City (Hubei Province) practitioner Mr. Zhou Jiangang was taken from the Hongshan Hospital back to Qinduankou Prison in Hubei Province, his entire body was was paralyzed except for his eyes and mouth. The Qinduankou Prison isolated Mr. Zhou from other inmates, and the guards refused to allow Mr. Zhou's wife and relatives to visit him. In the beginning of 2007, prison authorities had made a false video record of Mr. Zhou so that they could deceive his family members and cover up the crimes they committed against Mr. Zhou, causing his paralysis.

Mr. Zhou Jiangang was illegally sentenced to ten years of imprisonment because he was clarifying the truth about Falun Gong to people. He was sentenced to over five years in Qinduankou Prison.

On June 7, 2006, Clearwisdom.net reported, "On March 10, 2006, during a meeting in Qinduankou Prison in which Falun Gong was being criticized, detained Falun Dafa practitioners, Mr. Feng Zhen and Mr. Zhou Jiangang shouted, 'Falun Dafa is good!' in an attempt to stop the evil persecution and the poisoning of sentient beings. Guard Qin (male) directed other prisoners to brutally beat Mr. Feng Zhen and Mr. Zhou Jiangang, and afterwards locked them in solitary confinement. Mr. Zhou Jiangang was tortured to the brink of death. At 3:00 p.m. on April 25, 2006, Mr. Zhou Jian-gang was sent to Wuhan City Emergency Rescue Center, but was soon transferred to Tongji Hospital. He was diagnosed with a broken spine."

On November 7, 2006, Clearwisdom.net reported, "Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Zhou Jiangang was illegally detained in Qinduankou Prison. He was harshly beaten for his protest against the persecution and was sent to the Hongshan Hospital for treatment. Zhou was disabled due to harsh persecution. He was sent back to the prison in a wheelchair on November 2, 2006." The officials feared that if Mr. Zhou Jiangang's case was further exposed, it would attract the public's attention. Hence, they took Mr. Zhou back to the prison without providing him any medical treatment. They are strictly monitoring him and also do not allow visits from his family members.

Mr. Zhou's case makes us recall another case, in which Wuhan City practitioner Mr. Peng Min died as a result of torture and abuse on April 6, 2001.

Not only did Qinduankou Prison refuse to investigate or punish guard Qin, but it also hasn't investigated the personnel and departments that participated in the persecution of Mr. Zhou. The evil officials secretly imprison Mr. Zhou by himself. Meanwhile, they are still trying to deceive the public while their evil persecution continues in full force.

According to Chinese Criminal Law, Article 214, Section 1, "Conditions of Being Released on Bail for Medical Treatment and the Limit of Diseases, Disabilities," Mr. Zhou's physical condition completely conformed to the conditions of released on bail for medical treatment. Therefore, he should be released unconditionally. Meanwhile, according to the "Law of the People's Republic of China on State Compensation," Chapter 3 (the Criminal Compensation), Section 1 ( the Compensation Scope), Article 15, and "The Criminal Law of the People's Republic of China" Article 234, Article 238, and Article 243, the authorities should prosecute those criminals who were involved in persecuting Mr. Zhou.

In order to prevent Mr. Zhou from suffering the same brutal persecution and demise as practitioner Mr. Peng Min did, Wuhan practitioners hereby urgently call to the people of the world to help rescue him. We hope that overseas human rights organizations can provide rescue methods so that Mr. Zhou can obtain freedom and medical treatment as soon as possible.

Information about Dafa Practitioner Mr. Peng Min, Who Died from As a Result of Torture

Mr. Peng Min, a Dafa practitioner from Wuhan City, Hubei Province, was arrested because he traveled to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Dafa and produced materials that supported Falun Dafa. Guards from the Qingling Detention Center in Wuchang, Hubei Province viciously beat him, leaving wounds all over his body because he insisted on studying, practicing and sharing Falun Dafa with others. On January 9, 2001, guards fractured his fifth vertebra and neck bone, leaving him paralyzed from the neck down. Further torture left a festering wound on his back.

On March 9, 2001, people from CCTV Feature Focus Group and Wuhan TV Station visited the hospital to interview Peng Min and his family. This time, the hospital exhibited a pleasant attitude. They treated his wounds as they turned his body over in order to make him face the camera. They even told the reporter that they had provided the best doctors, the best equipment, and the most effective medications to treat Peng Min! Mr. Peng and his family immediately revealed their lie. Peng Min told the reporter in detail how his condition was the result of beatings. He mentioned again and again: it is the vicious persecution and not practicing Falun Gong that put him in this condition. But the CCTV reporter did not pay any attention to what Mr. Peng was saying, and repeatedly asked some prearranged actor's lines and empty words to cover the truth. They asked Peng Min's mother, "Do you regret that your son became like this?" His mother answered with a sense of justice, "I have no regret." His mother told us later that she knew her son was persecuted because he practices a righteous Fa (law and principles). She knew that he had chosen a righteous path.