(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Chen Guanghui from Jiangsu Province slipped into a vegetative state in July 2004 as a result of a skull fracture from a beating at Suzhou Prison. He had been held at the No. 100 Hospital in Suzhou City where he was under constant surveillance by the prison authorities. He died suddenly on December 12, 2006 at the age of 40. Some analysts stated Suzhou Prison officials ordered Chen Guanghui to be murdered, in order to cover up the abuse and to avoid an international investigation and criminal charges.

It was learned that Chen Guanghui’s family had constantly asked to take him home when he was still alive but the prison officials firmly refused. When Chen Guanghui was in critical condition, a prison official warned the hospital, "We are not on guard against his family. We are guarding against those Falun Gong people and foreign investigators!"

A hospital worker said the prison officials had always controlled the treatment plan and expenses for Chen Guanghui. In the past two years, Chen Guanghui’s condition in the hospital was stable while he was accompanied by his family, but he passed away suddenly on December 12, 2006.

The prison gate was under heavy guard following Chen Guanghui’s death. According to witnesses, Chen Guanghui’s son had opened his coat and held the box containing his father Chen Guanghui’s ashes next to his chest. Chen Guanghui’s wife and son sorrowfully cried. The wife and son lingered outside the prison gate for three days. Passersby and people living in the area took pity on the mother and son, and many of them condemned the prison guards.

Chen Guanghui had graduated from Nanjing University and worked as the deputy head of the Computer Section and manager of the Lianyungang Division of the China Construction Bank. After he started practicing Falun Gong in 1995 he worked harder and was helpful toward others. He was well liked. After the persecution began in 1999, Chen Guanghui was persecuted many times. He was unconstitutionally detained at the Lianyungang City Police Department in December 1999 and was sentenced to 18 months of forced labor. He was detained again on September 10, 2001 and sentenced to eight years in prison on September 12, 2002. Mr. Chen was taken to the Suzhou Prison. He suffered a severe brain injury as a result of a savage beating on July 29, 2004 and was in a coma for more than two years before his death.

Related phone numbers:

Department of Brain and Neuro-Surgery at the No. 1 Hospital Affiliated with Suzhou University: 86-512-65223637 ext. 8162

Wang Lingfeng: the hospital's chief of staff; 86-13013870656(Cell)
Hospital administrator: 86-512-65238033

Main switchboard: 86-512-652233637

Suzhou Prison

Office: 86-512-65225635
Prison head: 86-512-65215988

Political head: 86-512-65212988

Prison Administration Section: 86-512-65212386

Jiangsu Province Prison Administration Bureau: 86-25-86265061

Address: No. 28 West Beijing Road, Nanjing City Zip code: 210024

Fax: 86-25-3308321