(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Gao Hongfei, a Falun Dafa practitioner from Fanshi County, Shanxi Province, was a former student at Jilin Industrial University. While illegally detained at Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp, he was subjected to numerous torture sessions and nearly died. When Mr. Gao returned to his hometown, he was again subjected to frequent threats and extortion by the local police. As a result, he became homeless and destitute. On August 9, 2006, Mr. Gao passed away at the age of only 30.

Mr. Gao Hongfei came from Fanshi County, Shanxi Province. In October 2000, while a student at Jilin Industrial University, he went to Beijing to peacefully appeal for Falun Gong several times. As a result, he was arrested by the local police from Changchun City, Jilin Province, and was secretly detained in the Tiehua Detention Center for 37 days. He was then sentenced to two years of imprisonment at the Fenjin Forced Labor Camp in Jilin Province. In March, 2001, Mr. Gao was transferred to Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp in Changchun City. While serving his term, he was subjected to inhuman treatment.

Due to the long hours of arduous labor at the forced labor camp, Gao Hongfei lost consciousness at the workplace. He was then sent to a hospital and was diagnosed with tuberculosis and abdominal fluid retention. His left lung was leaking air into his chest and became infected. Mr. Gao was close to death. To avoid taking responsibility for his death, Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp released him.

After Mr. Gao was released, with the help of local fellow practitioners, he was sent to a hospital for surgery. However, the post-operative wound did not fully heal. The tube that was inserted inside his chest could not be removed for a long time and he was told that he did not have long to live.

After returning home, however, Gao Hongfei's strong faith and constant Fa study and practicing of the Falun Dafa exercises slowly brought him back on the road to recovery. After eight months in bed, he returned to normal. Quickly after that, the local police substation repeatedly came to harass and threaten Mr. Gao and his parents. The police confiscasted his Dafa books and Master's picture. Mr. Gao's father passed away because he could not withstand the duress and constant harassment from the authorities.

In March 2003 on his way home, Mr. Gao was arrested by officers from Yangqu County Police Department, and his motorcycle was confiscated. He was about to be sent to Xinghualing Police Substation in Taiyuan City and was in danger of being sent to a forced labor camp later on. However, since his health did not meet the requirements for prison admission, he was transferred to a local police department. The police not only took his computer, but also extorted 3,000 yuan from his family before they released him. (The bail money was returned before Mr. Gao died.)

To avoid being further harassed and monitored by the police, Mr. Gao became homeless and destitute for a long time. He suffered greatly both in body and mind, and eventually became emaciated. Mr. Gao Hongfei died on August 9, 2006, only 30 years old.