(Clearwisdom.net) It has been a year since the persecution death of practitioner Ms. Yuan Suxian in the Jiulongpo Area of Chongqing City. Another practitioner, Fan Defang, who was also arrested at the same time and was the person who revealed the details of Ms. Yuan's death due to persecution, has been sentenced to three years in prison. Since few people know the circumstances surrounding Ms. Yuan's death, I am reporting what I know, and I hope that international organizations will conduct further investigations.

Ms. Yuan was about 60 years old. She lived with her husband, Dai Tangyin, who had retired from Jianshe Industrial Group in Mingzhu Village, located in the family quarters of Juanshe Industrial Group. In October 2001, she was arrested and sent to Maojiashan Women's Forced Labor Camp for a year for telling people the facts about Falun Dafa. She was tortured in the labor camp and was constantly monitored after her release.

On January 28, 2005, Ms. Yuan Suxian and Fan Defang picked up Falun Gong materials off the ground and showed them to someone, and were reported. Police from Tiaodenchang Police Station in Dadukou District in Chongqing City arrested them and put them in Dadukou Jail.

At first, the two practitioners thought that all they needed to do was to explain exactly what had happened and they would be released. But soon the police showed them so-called "arrest warrants" and said, "You Falun Gong practitioners will be doomed if you don't give us money."

Ms. Yuan and Practitioner Fan felt that they were innocent and should not have been arrested. They told the officials this repeatedly, but rather than listen to them, the authorities threatened them, saying that they would torture them to death. The two practitioners asked people to tell their family members what was happening, ask them to get legal help, and let them know that they needed to investigate in case the two were killed. In the meantime, they wrote to the district attorney's office to explain the situation.

On July 29, 2005, Ms. Yuan suddenly passed out in the jail, foaming at the mouth. She died the next day in the hospital. The jail did not give any explanation to her family members regarding the cause of death. They were afraid that the family members would press for an investigation, so they gave them 5,000 yuan as a "compensation" and for "funeral costs" to keep them quiet.

Responsible offices and people:

Tiaodengchang Police Station in the Dadukou District, Chongqing City: 86-23-68535598

Dadukou Police Department in Chongqing City: 86-23-68830238

Director Hua Yong

Police officers Li Ke, Huaang Xiaoyue (policewoman), Hu Bin, and Tan Xu

Dadukou District Jail in Chongqing City: 86-23-68832427

District Attorney's Office in Chongqing City: 86-23-67752000

Dadukou Police Station in Chongqing City: 86-812-2222417, 86-812-2224459, 86-812-2224774