(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Ren Chunying is an engineer at the Yushu City Construction Design Institute. After she started practicing Falun Gong, Ren Chunying became a diligent and unselfish worker. She was well respected by those who knew her.

Ren Chunying was illegally arrested and sent to a forced labor camp by the 610 Office when she refused to give up her belief in "Truthfulness, Compassion, Tolerance." Ms. Ren was also fined and forced to undergo brainwashing multiple times by the 610 Office and the National Security Unit of the Yushu City Public Security Bureau. The Yushu City Public Security Bureau has extorted over 30,000 yuan from Ren Chunying’s family.

1. Illegally Detained with no Appeal

On July 20, 1999, when the persecution began, Ren Chunying appealed to the provincial government on behalf of Falun Gong. However, she was shoved into a truck by armed police and taken to Nanling Stadium. The police dismissed the practitioners after taking down their names. They were left with no place to appeal except for Beijing.

Tens of thousands of Falun Dafa practitioners waited outside the Appeals Office to clarify the truth. However, they were repeatedly pushed back by the police.

On July 30, when practitioners were helping to clean the streets, they were discovered by police and taken to Fengtai Stadium in police cars. Several thousand people were already there, and most were Falun Dafa practitioners who had gone to appeal.

On the next day, Ren Chunying was sent back to Changchun by the Changchun Office in Beijing, and then brought back to Yushu Public Security Bureau by police. The director at that time was Liu Xiwu, and the chief of the Political Security Unit was Chen Xingguo. Policeman Hu Manshan interrogated them and threatened them with detention if they refused give up practicing Falun Gong. Their families were threatened with forced labor camps. After Ren Chunying was detained for three days, she was released after her family was forced to pay thousands of yuan.

2. Persecution at the Yushu Detention Center

On February 25, 2000, Ren Chunying did the exercises at Yushu Park in order to validate the Fa. She was taken away by policeman Shi Hailin and others from the Yushu City Public Security Bureau. She was again put into illegal detention. The documentation noted that Ms. Ren was to be detained for 15 days, but she was actually held for over a month. At the detention center, Ren Chunying ate buns made from corn flour that was to be used for animal feed. They were given two meals a day consisting of these buns, which were often undercooked, as well as some soup made from frozen cabbage. Most people remained hungry after these meals, but everyone had to pay ten yuan each day for the "board." The room they lived in was damp and cold, and had frost on the walls. Water leaked from the roof onto the bed. They could not sleep and had to sit huddled together.

Ren Chunying was beaten and left to freeze in the snow for simply practicing the Falun Gong exercises. She was also forced to stand in the cold from 4:00 to 7:00 in the morning. She suffered frostbite and all of her fingernails fell off.

On February 28, between 4:00 and 7:30 a.m., Ms. Ren and eight other Falun Dafa practitioners were beaten by the police for practicing the exercises. Director Wei Fucheng ordered policemen Zhang Fuxue, Sun Jingfu, Zhang Zhijun and driver Xiao Han to strike the practitioners with clubs. The practitioners' backs, buttocks and legs were badly beaten. Their bodies swelled up where they were beaten, and they were covered with bruises. They had trouble walking and squatting down, and they did not recover until a month later.

When these evildoers became tired from beating the practitioners, they threw the practitioners into the cold. The temperature was as low as minus 27 degrees in the snow. The police threw the practitioners, who only had on undergarments, into the snow. Two practitioners fainted from the cold. Policeman Xu Jiufei refused to carry the two practitioners inside. He exclaimed, "There are two death allowances each year, so it's fine to let them die."

The police mocked Ren Chunying and told her to meditate in the snow. Later, she was put into a cell that was cold and wet. The police forced Ren Chunying and other steadfast practitioners to stand outside to freeze in the cold for several straight days. The practitioners were not allowed to wear jackets. Ren Chunying’s hands turned pale and numb. A month later, her family was extorted out of over 10,000 yuan, and she was released. When she went home, a layer of skin came off her hands. Her nails turned from black, to red, to white and finally returned to normal. She was able to recover in an amazing fashion because of Dafa.

3. Persecuted for Clarifying the Truth

In the spring of 2001, police from the Zhangqian Local Police Station arrested Ren Chunyin as she was putting up truth-clarification materials. She was taken to the Yushu City Public Security Bureau and detained at the Yushu Detention Center. In the detention center, Ren Chunying conducted a hunger strike to protest her confinement. She was released seven days later, when her family paid several thousand yuan to the police.

In September 2002, Li Jin, former director general of the Urban Construction Bureau, actively participated in persecuting Falun Gong practitioners. When the Yushu Politics and Judiciary Committee 610 Office established a brainwashing center, Li Jin and two policemen from the Urban Construction Bureau Police Station arrested Ren Chunying in her home. She was dragged downstairs by Liu before even getting the chance to put on her shoes. She was then sent to the brainwashing center.

On March 2, 2003, Ren Chunying was arrested by police from the Zhengyang Police Station when she went to a fellow practitioner’s home. She was detained at the local detention center, where the police interrogated her. When Ren Chunying refused to respond, the police made up some testimony against her. They then threatened her family with sending Ms. Ren to a place where she would be crippled.

Ren Chunying conducted a hunger strike to protest, but was force-fed by police officer Teng Shuling and the prison doctor. They added a bit of powdered milk to highly concentrated salt water and force-fed her. Ms. Ren was then sent to the Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp for a year.

The Yushu Public Security Bureau confiscated Ms. Ren's mobile phone, which they still have not returned. Her family was extorted out of 7,000 yuan, including 2,000 yuan to Zhang Deqing, 1,000 yuan to Teng Shuling and the rest to others. Ren Chunying was sent to a forced labor camp in April 2003.

4. Persecution at Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp

In April 2003, Ren Chunying was sent to Team 5, Squadron 4, Brigade 3 at Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp. She was tortured mentally for refusing to give up her belief, but she remained steadfast. She went from weighing 70 kg to just over 50 kg from the abuse at the labor camp. She suffered severe vaginal bleeding. Ren Chunying’s family attempted to have her released on bail on medical grounds, but when the brigade chief asked for money, Ren Chunying refused, so she did not receive any medical treatment. The guards clearly knew that she was badly hurt and even admitted it publicly, yet they refused to let her go. Due to long-term physical and mental torture, a year later, Ren Chunying was diagnosed with uterine cancer. She had to undergo an operation to remove her uterus.

We hope that everyone can help end this persecution as early as possible.