Mr. Li Jinzhuang from Ningjin County, Hebei Province, Died as a Result of the Persecution

Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Li Jinzhuang, 41, lived in Liyangbei Village, Sima Township, Ningjin County, Hebei Province. He had a severe lung disease before practicing Falun Dafa and could not work because of it. He quickly returned to health after cultivating Falun Gong.

At the end of 2000, Mr. Li Jingzhuang and his wife went to Beijing to appeal peacefully against the persecution and were both illegally arrested and detained in a local detention center. Mr. Li Jinzhuang was brutally beaten by the guards and prisoners. His ribs were fractured due to the beating. He could not bear the mistreatment and mental pressure. His previous sickness reoccurred, and he vomited blood. He was released after the police extorted more than one thousand yuan from him. His wife was sent to a forced labor camp.

After returning home, Mr. Li's condition worsened, and he spent a lot of money for treatment, increasing financial difficulties for his impoverished family. His wife was in a labor camp, and his family members dared not to let him practice for fear of more persecution. The town and village officials kept putting pressure on him. Mr. Li Jinzhuang could not withstand the constant pressure, and he died in pain on July 25, 2006, after vomiting blood.

Ms. Luo Hongyan Died in Harbin City

Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Luo Hongyan, 56, used to be employed by the Harbin City Boiler Factory in Heilongjiang Province. She started practicing Falun Dafa at the end of May 1999, and went to Beijing to appeal at the end of November 2001. She was sent to Wanjia Labor Camp for two years. Because she refused to give up her faith, she had to endure all sorts of cruel tortures, such as the "big hang up" (1), electric baton shocks, being locked in a small cell (2), etc. These tortures caused severe damage to her mental and physical health. After she was released, she was constantly harassed and threatened by local 610 Office agents. She was not allowed to practice and lived in fear. She died on August 14 or 15, 2006, at home.


(1) "Big hang up"- There are two forms of this torture: (a) With both hands cuffed behind the back and only toes touching the ground, the victim is hung by a rope that is tied to a metal window frame; (b) One hand of a practitioner is cuffed to one bunk bed and the other hand to another bed, and the two beds are pulled in opposite directions. It is extremely painful when the beds are pulled apart. See illustration on http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2004/11/17/54624.html

(2) Small cell-The detainees are locked up in a very small cell alone. The guards handcuff practitioners behind their backs in a fixed position, in which the practitioners can neither move, nor lie down. The small cell is very damp and no sunshine comes in. Detainees have to urinate and defecate in the cell. Only half of a regular meal is served to detainees locked up in a small cell during the daytime. During the night rats scurry about in the cell. The stench in the small cell is so bad that it is difficult to breathe.