Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Jiang Fengshan, 72, was from Sanchazi Town, Jiangyuan County, Baishan City, Jilin Province. He worked at the Dongfeng Coal Mine. On January 11, 2001, he was spotted while carrying Falun Dafa materials on a train from Wangou to Jiangyuan County. He was illegally arrested and taken to Tonghua City and confined in the Tonghua Nanshan Labor Camp for three years. While he was imprisoned, Jiang Fengshan's health deteriorated because of mistreatment at the hands of the guards. He started hemorrhaging from the digestive tract, and suffered from a duodenal ulcer, pancreatitis and prostatitis. In April 2001, he was released on bail for medical treatment. After he went home, police officer Yu Minglu from the Jiangyuan County Police Station often harassed him and tried to force him to sign the "five statements" (statements renouncing Falun Dafa, similar to the three statements). Jiang Fengshan passed away on January 9, 2006.

Ms. Liu Yuzhen, was in her 60s and lived in Qingshuitai Town, Xinchengzi District, Shenyang City, Liaoning Province. Before she started to practice Falun Dafa, she suffered from many diseases, including a heart disease, which eventually rendered her bedridden. In 1997, she started to practice Falun Gong, which caused all of her diseases to disappear and her body to become light. Starting in July 20, 1999, police officers from the Qingshuitai Police Station came to harass and threaten her many times. Her daughter was taken to the Guanlongshan "Reform" Center and suffered a mental collapse from the abuse. Liu Yuzhen went to see her daughter every week and asked for her release. The Chinese Communist Regime's arbitrary persecution caused her such great mental stress and pressure. Liu Yuzhen passed away in 2001.

Mr. Xiang Shigui was in his 60s and lived in Da'an Town, Suining City, Sichuan Province. He started to practice Falun Gong in 1996 and his pulmonary emphysema and other diseases all disappeared. Since July 20, 1999, he was twice imprisoned by the local police because he was discovered when clarifying the truth about Falun Gong. After he returned home, he was often monitored and threatened by police. As a result, he was not able to study the Fa or do the exercises, which caused his old diseases to come back. He passed away on May 28, 2006.

In 2003, Zhou Guangqun, 60, was distributing pamphlets about Falun Gong and was sent to a labor camp for one year. After he returned home, Zhou Guangqun was harassed by the police and the local residents' committee for long time. He passed away on May 28, 2006.

August 18, 2006