(Clearwisdom.net) Two Singapore practitioners were recently charged by the local police for protesting outside the Chinese Embassy. From August 29 to September 1, a hearing was held and the case will reopen on September 25.

On August 28, more than 100 practitioners from 7 countries went to the Subordinate Court to attend the hearing. However, the courtroom was the smallest one, with just 12 seats. As four seats were taken by representatives from the Singapore Police and Ministry of Domestic Affairs, there were only eight left for practitioners. Outside the courtroom, there was not even a chair. In a narrow corridor, the practitioners formed three lines and stood quietly without blocking traffic. From 9 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., every day they stood quietly outside the courtroom. They continuously recited Lunyu and sent forth righteous thoughts. When the hearing adjourned at the end of a day, they left the courthouse in silence, leaving no trash behind.

Police officers on duty asked practitioners' attorney Mr. Ravi, "These practitioners are very disciplined and make us also disciplined. So many people are standing here quietly. I know Falun Gong is good. What can I do for them?" The lawyer said with a smile: "Give them more room to stand." He replied: "Sure."

On the first day of the hearing, the police officers were under high tension and made numerous phone calls. Because of practitioners' noble demeanor, as the hearing moved on, they became more and more relaxed and started to greet practitioners. Some even asked for copies of The Epoch Times newspaper, and some chatted with practitioners. Mr Ravi also commended practitioners: "In the past, I only knew that Falun Gong is being persecuted and I had great sympathy for you. However, I didn't know much more than that. Today, you have demonstrated what Forbearance is with your behavior."

For displaying a banner which read "July 20 Hunger Strike to Protest the Chinese Communist Party's Inhumane Persecution of Falun Gong," three practitioners were charged with "harassment by displaying insulting writings." The Subordinate Courts began to hear the case on August 28 and adjourned on September 1. The court case will resume on September 25.