(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Gong practitioner, Ms. Deng Yunlan, from Guangdong Province was over 70 years old. Because she went to Beijing to clarify the truth about Falun Gong and appeal on behalf of Falun Gong, she was illegally detained several times, and imprisoned in a forced labor camp twice. She was tortured and abused physically and mentally. On July 15, 2006, under harassment and threats from the 610 Office of Shaoguan City, she passed away.

On the day of her death, an unusual flood caused the most severe damage Shaoguan City had seen in one hundred years. "All the roads leaving Shaoguan City were blocked. (TV News of Shaoguan TV Station)" Beijing-Guangzhou Railroad and Beijing-Zhuhai Expressway both ceased operation. Power and water supplies were cut off for all of Shaoguan City. Direct economic losses were estimated at several dozen billion yuan and the death toll was several thousand people. (This number was not from the official report, which was fabricated to cover up the truth. It came from a civilian disaster-relief organization.) Both Deng Yunlan's hometown, Jiexi County, and her parents' hometown, Wuhua County, had very severe flooding which caused serious damage. On July 17, after Deng Yunlan was buried, the flood in Shaoguan City ceased.

On July 21, policemen and workers from the 610 Office of Wuhua County ransacked Deng Yunlan's home again. That same day, the most severe flood in Wuhua County's history struck, causing a huge amount of damage.

Deng Yunlan was a veteran practitioner who started to practice Falun Gong early on. According to a fellow practitioner who was imprisoned with her in Sanshui Women's Labor Camp, Deng Yunlan was the oldest person jailed there. Although she was over 70 years old, she was still brutally persecuted. She was forced to walk long distances, was deprived of sleep and forced to do heavy manual labor. Four other inmates were assigned to keep her from sleeping, and her physical and mental health deteriorated drastically thereafter.

After being released from the camp, Deng Yunlan's health quickly recovered through practicing the Falun Gong exercises and studying the teachings of Falun Gong. As usual, she told everyone she met, "Falun Dafa is good," because her life was extended by practicing Falun Gong. Deng Yunlan did the three things well. She found practitioners who had signed a guarantee statement and were released from imprisonment. She inspired them to have righteous thoughts toward Falun Gong by sharing her own experiences and understandings. She helped many of them come back to Falun Gong. Practitioners from Meizhou City and Shaoguan City remembered how Deng Yunlan encouraged them to return to their original selves through her benevolent mindset and actions.

In order to build a better cultivation environment, Deng Yunlan re-modeled her parents' house in Liandong Village in east Guangdong Province and lived there. Her relationship with the villagers was very good. People of all ages liked to go to her home and listen to her cultivation stories.

However, the CCP (Chinese Communist Party) became jealous of her popularity. One day in the end of May 2006, policemen from Wuhua County barged into Deng Yunlan's home. They harassed her, threatened her, and demanded her to tell them where she went and what she talked about. Her fellow villagers were shocked. After that, nobody saw Deng Yunlan anymore. Her family members and relatives looked for her but could not find her.

In the beginning of June, Deng Yunlan came back to her old home in Jiexi County. She started to take care of her bedridden mother-in-law (who is more than 100 years old), because her nephew and his wife, who were responsible for taking care of their grandmother, were out of town. Before this, Deng Yunlan had taken care of her mother-in-law for a long time.

Her relatives all wanted to know what happened during the days that she was missing. However, she did not say anything. Her experiences must have been too traumatic for her to talk about. She often was absent-minded, and sometimes sighed, or said aloud that she was innocent. Gradually, her hands and feet became paralyzed by mid June.

In order to take care of her, her son took her to a nearby town. With the help of her family and fellow practitioners, Deng Yunlan's health condition improved quickly. She memorized many of Teacher's lectures. With all of this consistent support, she gradually started to walk again.

Just as she started to recover, a group of people, led by a worker from the 610 Office of Shaoguan City named Wu, and the Director Cai of the 610 Office in Qujiang District, Shaoguan City, traveled to Jiexi County from Shaoguan City by car and many motorcycles. They threatened Deng Yunlan and questioned her, asking, "Where did you go when you were missing?" Deng Yunlan was traumatized and suffered a mental breakdown. Her family members immediately helped her return back home to rest.

Seeing what happened, the impostors changed their attitudes and said, "We have nothing important to say. We were just concerned about her." Why did their "concern" need so many policemen? They confronted her as if she were a dangerous enemy, and they scared all of the other residents in the building too.

After they left, Deng Yunlan started to yell, "I am innocent," "Falun Dafa is good," and "The Fa rectifies the cosmos, the evil is completely eliminated." All the residents could hear her yelling (The building surrounded a courtyard. All of the units were connected by a staircase and hallway in the middle of the building.). Other than those three sentences, Deng Yunlan did not say anything else. Not only she was unable to say anything more, she was also unable to call her son or grandchild by name.

Later, Deng Yunlan's son took her to Shaoguan City, and on July 15, 2006, she passed away.

The two floods that happened at the time of Deng Yunlan's were not a coincidence. The law of Heaven always prevails. Good will be rewarded with good, and evil met with evil.

August 16, 2006