(Clearwisdom.net) Dafa practitioner Ms. Qiu Li, from Fushun City, Liaoning Province, has constantly been persecuted for persisting in her belief. Currently, she is being brutally tortured in the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp.

Ms. Qiu Li is from Qingyuan County, Fushun City, Liaoning Province. She started to practice Dafa in the summer of 1998. During her practice, she experienced dramatic changes both mentally and physically. Less than one year after she started cultivation, the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) started persecuting Falun Gong. Like thousands of Dafa practitioners in the country, Ms. Qiu was persecuted and tortured multiple times for believing in "Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance," and for simply trying to be a better person.

After the persecution started on July 20, 1999, Qiu Li went to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Gong. She spent more than 100 days in Beijing. Although she had a very limited budget to live on, Ms. Qiu quietly tried her best to help others. She ate only steamed buns every day. One day, while sharing experiences with fellow practitioners, she was illegally arrested and detained. Since she refused to tell her name and address, the detention center called her "No. 23" [Note: Due to the CCP's policy of implicating Falun Gong practitioners' family members, local officials and work units, practitioners often refuse to give their name and addresses when they are arrested in Beijing.] Ms. Qiu did the exercises and resisted the physical punishment. The police officers shocked her head using electric batons.

On one occasion, a police officer took Qiu Li away. The police officer gave her a cup of water and told her to drink it. She only took a small sip and felt very sleepy. She felt as if something was wrong and thought, "I am a Dafa practitioner. With Teacher and the Fa, no one can touch me." She tried hard to regain control of herself, and slowly she recovered. At first, the police officer looked at her with bad intentions, and then he became surprised, and stared at her and with an astonished look. Later, Ms. Qiu was allowed to go back to her cell. After her return, Qiu Li remembered that a female practitioner who had been taken away before her looked mentally disordered after she came back, and her hair was messy. The police officer did not allow her to contact anyone else, and transferred the other practitioner to another cell. The police officer deprived her of sleep for three days and three nights.

Later, they deceived Ms. Qiu into telling her address. Before she left, the police gave her the arrest paperwork, saying that they would arrest her later. When she returned to the police station in Qingyuan County, her husband was already waiting for her. He took her home. Her husband had spent a lot of money for her release.

In December 1999, Qiu Li went to Beijing again to appeal for Dafa. She walked from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. in order to catch a train. On the train, she was arrested and later detained in the Jinzhou Forced Labor Camp. All her money was confiscated, and she was charged 120 yuan for two meals. Ms. Qiu was later sent to the Dasha Detention Center in Qingyuan County. The persecutors tried all means, but failed to "transform" her. She was then sent to the Fushun City Mental Hospital for futher persecution. There she told doctors that she was not ill, that she is a practitioner of Falun Gong, and she simply went to Beijing to call for justice for Falun Gong. Ms. Qiu helped take care of the patients and did cleaning. Later, her husband spent more than 10,000 yuan in order to get her released.

In December 2000, Qiu Li went to Beijing again together with other practitioners. They held banners with the words "Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance" on Tiananmen Square. Her husband found her. She was sent back to Dashagou Detention Center in Qingyuan County. Ms. Qiu held a hunger strike in order to protest the persecution. On January 23, 2001, she was "illegally sentenced" and sent to the Wujiabao Forced Labor Camp in Fushun City, Liaoning Province for a three-year term. Due to the intense pressure at the labor camp, she was forcibly "transformed," which reduced her term. Later, Ms. Qiu announced that the "transformation" was invalid. After her term was completed, the police personnel did not let her go. She was sent to the Fushun City Women's School for further persecution. At that school, she clarified the truth to the guards who were moved to tears, and they truly believed that Falun Dafa was good. On New Years 2002, the Political & Legal Department of Qingyuan County and her husband took her back home. Qiu Li thus returned to the wave of Fa-rectification in an open and dignified manner.

On the day of the Dragon Festival in 2004, while she walked on the street, Ms. Qiu was arrested for no reason and taken to the Dasha Detention Center in Qingyuan County by Wang Xinchuan, Captain of the National Security Team from the Qingyuan Police Department, and Guan Yong, Deputy Captain of the First Police Branch of Fushun City. Three days later, she was sent to the First Police Branch of Fushun City and brutally tortured there. Ms. Qiu was then sentenced and sent to the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp for a three-year term. During her detention in the "Strict Control Team" of the Second Women's Camp at Masanjia Forced Labor Camp, Ms. Qiu experienced inhuman torture through the program of "general re-education." She never gave in. She is now paralyzed and extremely thin due to the tortures she suffered. However, the prison administration still has no intention of releasing her so she can go home for medical treatment. Ms. Qiu's current situation is unknown. Practitioners who know anything about her current condition are urged to please let us know.

The persecution and torture of Qiu Li caused tremendous damage and pain to her family. Although they know that she is innocent, facing the persecution by the CCP, they feel truly hopeless and helpless and do not understand her. Her child is facing a college entrance exam, and her husband needs to work and also take care of their child. It is difficult for them.

We hope that all kind-hearted people will help rescue practitioners after they learn about these incidents. We also hope that local practitioners can actively help the family of this fellow practitioner. Let us work together as one body by sending forth righteous thoughts, trying our best using different ways to rescue our fellow practitioner. Help her with righteous thoughts, so that she can return to her family in an open and dignified manner.