(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Gao Yuchao, 45, a practitioner from Anda City, Heilongjiang Province, was a doctor at the Wool Hospital. Before she practiced Dafa, she suddenly lost her eyesight and had severe skin diseases. She sought various medical treatments without success. After beginning Dafa practice in 1994, all her diseases were cured without medication.

Prior to the persecution, which began on July 20, 1999, Ms. Gao was a volunteer assistant of a Falun Gong practice group and very diligent in cultivation. In 1999 she was arrested and detained in the Anda Detention Center for three months due to her appeal for Falun Gong. She was later forced to pay a 10,000 yuan so-called bail to agents from the local Political and Security Section, and was then released. Around the 2002 Chinese New Year, her husband pleaded with Liu Yingshan, head of the Political and Security Section, to return the bail. Persecutor Liu Yingshan paid him only 7,000 yuan and stole 3,000 yuan to keep for himself.

After the onset of the persecution, Jiang's regime forbade the practitioners to study the Fa or do the exercises. In addition, the local police continuously harassed Ms. Gao, putting her under great physical and emotional stress. She developed liver problems and eventually died at midnight on November 17, 2003.

Mr. Dong Tianchun, 57, was a national Grade 1 structural engineer with a master's degree, and the chief engineer at the Liaoning Academy for Building Research. He started practicing Falun Dafa in 1997 and became healthy, honest and kind. In addition, he worked diligently and was dedicated to his profession. After the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) began to persecute Falun Gong in 1999, the leaders at his place of work forced him to write a report criticizing Falun Gong. He wrote the facts that Falun Gong benefited people, in both body and mind, as well as the nation, and the people had benefited greatly from it. Also, he clarified the truth that Jiang Zemin's regime launched the persecution of Falun Gong. Nothing much came of the work place leader's urging him to criticize Falun Gong.

In December 1999, Mr. Dong's wife, Falun Gong practitioner Ma Lianxiao was incarcerated because she went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong. Mr. Dong requested that various departments including the local National Security Agency release his wife. He received no reply. Twenty-eight days later his wife was released and sent to her place of work. Since the onset of the persecution, Dong had suffered enormous mental pressure. In addition, one of his family members was arrested for practicing Falun Gong. Local police station agents and community staff also constantly went to his house to harass him. He grew weaker and weaker and passed away in a hospital on March 7, 2001.

Ms. Zhang Guihua, in her 50s, was a practitioner from Anda City, Heilongjiang Province. She previously had liver cancer but regained her health after practicing Dafa. All of her friends and relatives knew that it was Falun Dafa that gave her good health, and all of them extolled the wonders of Falun Dafa. After the persecution started on July 20, 1999, Ms. Zhang lost the environment to study the Fa and do the exercises regularly. She developed liver problems. Ms. Zhang Guihua passed away in 2005.