(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Zhang Chunlan, 70, lived in the Jinzhou District of Dalian City, Liaoning Province. She started practicing Dafa in 1996 and benefited tremendously from the practice.

After the persecution began on July 20, 1999, her whole family including her two daughters, son and daughter-in-law, and grandsons went to the city government to appeal. They were arrested and held overnight at the Sanli Vehicle Training School in Jinzhou. Afterwards, officials from the street Party Committee frequently harassed them at their home. People were sent to monitor Zhang Chunlan's family, and coerced them to write a "guarantee statement" renouncing Dafa. Zhang Chunlan's two daughters went to Beijing to validate Dafa in 2000 and were arrested. Her older daughter was held at the Jinzhou Detention Center and her younger daughter was held at the Dalian Detention Center. They refused to cooperate with the lawless officials and were subsequently transferred to the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp, Zhangshi Labor Camp, Shenxin Labor Camp and Dabei Prison. They were persecuted many times after their release.

The entire family, particularly Zhang Chunlan, was mentally traumatized. The persecutors extorted large sums of money from her at each release. Officers from the police department and labor camps constantly harassed and threatened her by calling her home. Zhang Chunlan and her daughter(s) left home to avoid further persecution and moved from place to place. Her daughter(s) lost their jobs as a result, and they were separated from their families. Zhang Chunlan lived under long-term pressure and passed away on February 28, 2006.

Ms. Liu Juan, 31, lived in Wuhan City, Hubei Province. She went to Beijing in January 2001 to appeal, but officers from a local police station brought her back to Wuhan City. She was held at the Zhangjiawan Brainwashing Class in Wuhan City, near Qingling. The police extorted money and personal belongings worth about 10,000 yuan before releasing her. Because the local police and Party Committee members harassed her at home many times, her family lived under pressure and forbade her from doing the Falun Gong exercises. She suffered a relapse of her old illness--tuberculosis, and passed away on March 9, 2006.

Ms. Li Shuwen, 79, worked at the Mudanjiang City Bank in Heilongjiang Province. She lived in the city's Jiangbin District. Ms. Li became very healthy after she started practicing Dafa and had not used her medical insurance for many years. Zhen Weimin and Yi Jianguo, officers from Jiangbin Police Station in Mudanjiang City, arrested her in April 2004 and took her to the police station. Yi Jianguo harassed her at home many times afterwards. She passed away on July 13, 2006, showing signs of severe depression and aftereffects of the persecution.

Mr. Guo Tangtian was in his 60s and lived in Guojiazhuang Village, Fenghuangjie Street Office, Fangzi District, Weifang City, Shandong Province. He had been very healthy after he started practicing Falun Dafa. After Jiang Zemin started the persecution on July 20, 1999, the police frequently harassed him and ransacked his home. His daughter Guo Xiuhong and her husband Zhang Chuanzheng were sentenced to ten years in prison, and their toddler son was left at home alone. Mr. Guo Tangtian was devastated and passed away on February 22, 2006 [Chinese lunar calendar].