(Clearwisdom.net) [Note: The following is an excerpt of an article that appeared on the Minghui.org website (Chinese version of Clearwisdom.net).]

Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Hui Ruiying, 69 years old, went to Beijing to appeal at the end of 1999. She was taken to Anqiu Liaison Office in Beijing and was held there for three days, being later sent to the Anqiu Police Department. She went to Beijing to appeal for the second time and was again detained. Ms. Hui held a hunger strike to protest the persecution and was released three days later. The officials sent two people to watch Hui Ruiying at the end of 1999. They wouldn't let Hui Ruiying's husband leave home and they wouldn't let her son to go to work. Her husband fell ill from frustration and anxiety and gave up practicing Falun Dafa. He died in 2004 after medical treatments failed to help. Hui Ruiying was arrested in September 2004 while distributing truth clarification materials. She was taken to the Anqiu Detention Center and held there for 27 days. While incarcerated, the police ransacked Ms. Hui's home. She was tortured at the detention center until she suffered a heart attack. Agents from the 610 Office were afraid she might die. They extorted 10,000 yuan from her family before letting her go home. Hui Ruiying's oldest son was detained for more than eight days in 2000 and was extorted 5,000 yuan.

After April 25, 1999, practitioner Cheng Yuying's phone was tapped and she was followed when she left home. The police drove Cheng Yuying to the Chengguan Education Committee on July 20, 1999 and held her there. They forced her to write a guarantee statement and held her for 15 days. After she went home, her employers sent people to watch her daily. Cheng Yuying decided to go to Beijing to clarify the truth about Falun Gong to the government. Officers from the Tiananmen Square Police Department in Beijing arrested her in early 2000, and then she was incarcerated by officers from Weifang Police Department's Liaison Office in Beijing. She was detained for two days after she was taken back to Anqiu. Cheng Yuying went to Beijing again in June 2000. Officials from Anqiu Liaison Office in Beijing arrested her. They took her to the Liaison Office in Beijing, where they beat and kicked her. Then they took her to a school. After she went home they followed her wherever she went and tapped her home phone. Cheng Yuying left home and lived in exile for two years. The persecutors arrested her again and held her for two days in January 2001. Another arrest followed on March 1, 2002 when she was handing out fliers. Officers from the Dongguan Police Station participated in this arrest and took her to a brainwashing class held by the "610 Office" in Anqiu.