(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Liang Ruxue, 76 years old, lived in Taoyuan Village, Qianying Town, Xinji City, Hebei Province. Before practicing Falun Gong, she had many illnesses. After Ms. Liang started to practice in 1996, she was very healthy. During the persecution, Ms. Liang went to appeal for justice for Falun Gong in Beijing many times. Police arrested her on several occasions. Once, Ms. Liang was escorted to the Qinaying town hall and forced to renounce Falun Gong. Another time, she was released from custody on the condition that she not practice Falun Gong. The persecution caused Ms. Liang intense pressure. Her previous illnesses recurred, and Ms. Liang passed away on March 19, 2000.

Mr. Jia Xiuhua, 50 years old, lived in Fanxu Village, Waliwang Town, Botou City, Hebei Province. He started to practice Falun Gong in 1996. In 2000, he went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong and clarify the facts. Mr. Jia was arrested and sent to Botou City Detention Center. There, he was repeatedly beaten until his bleeding wounds stuck to his clothes. Mr. Jia died in the spring of 2001.

Ms. He Zhongxiu, 66 years old, lived on Youfang Street, Dazhu Town, Wanyuan City, Sichuan Province. In the afternoon of July 16, 2001, Ms. He and a new practitioner posted Falun Gong flyers on walls. The new practitioner reported Ms. He to the police. Consequently, officers from the Dazhou Police Department, the 610 Office, and the National Security Group arrested Ms. He. On July 19, after three days of intense interrogation, Ms. He and her son were released. On July 28, Ms. He was arrested again and taken to a brainwashing center. This brainwashing center only functioned for three days. Police arrests, intimidation, and harassment put Ms. He under huge pressure. As a result, her health deteriorated rapidly, and Ms. He passed away on January 27, 2005.

Ms. Huang Peide, 65 years old, lived in the Second Village of Chuanshan Town, Suining City, Sichuan Province. Around the Lunar New Year in 2000, police ransacked Ms. Huang’s residence and confiscated many Falun Gong books. Police illegally detained her for 40 days and extorted 5000 yuan. Ms. Huang was forced to give up Falun Gong. She died on July 14, 2006.

Mr. Sha Cunren lived in Anda City, Heilongjiang Province. He started to practice Falun Gong in 1999 and began to improve mentally and physically. People remember Mr. Sha as a very good person. Practicing Falun Gong also helped Mr. Sha grow hair on his formerly bald head. The persecution forced Mr. Sha to renounce Falun Gong. Police also threatened him, "If you keep practicing, your son will be fired from his job." Mr. Sha developed liver ascites and died on October 23, 2004.