(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Zhang Lianying from the Chaoyang District of Beijing, along with her whole family, practiced Falun Gong. Because of this, they have been persecuted by the Chinese Communist Party for several years. Her son, her daughter-in-law, and her daughters were all illegally detained. Her son was sentenced to eight years in prison and is still incarcerated. Ms. Zhang passed away on May 31, 2006, from the effects of the long-term harassment.

Ms. Zhang Lianying, 84 years old, lived in theYangfang Residential Quarter, Wali Township, Chaoyang District, Beijing. She was diagnosed with late-stage lymphocytic leukemia in 1996. No hospital was willing to accept her. She could only wait at home to die. It was at this time that she learned about Falun Dafa. Ms. Zhang was able to remove the oxygen mask she had been using on the first day she practiced the Falun Gong exercises. Then, after sleeping for three days straight, she regained her health. Ms. Zhang was so healthy that she didn't need any medical treatment during the next ten years. She was able to cook for the whole family and do some housework. She was able to go to the practice site by walking several li (one li is about 0.3 miles). The whole Residential Quarter and all the people who knew her witnessed her tremendous change. A lot of people started to learn Falun Dafa after they saw this miracle.

After the persecution of Falun Gong started on July 20, 1999, Zhang Lianying's family, including her son, her daughter-in-law and her daughters, was frequently harassed since they all practiced Falun Gong. In 2000, her two daughters, her son and her daughter in-law were all detained. At the end of 2000, her son was sentenced to eight years in prison, where he remains, and her daughter-in-law was sentenced to three years in prison. Their private car was confiscated. Ms. Zhang's son used to be a corrupt official who committed bribery and freely spent taxpayers' money on food, drink, travel, and self-fulfillment. However, he became a good, responsible official after practicing Falun Gong. Despite the obvious positive changes in him, he was illegally sentenced and sent to prison.

Ms. Zhang was living at her younger daughter's home, located in the No.10 Subdivision, Lincui Road, Wali Township. The officials from the Township 610 Office and National Security Bureau, along with the local police station and members of the Residential Committee, asked service personnel and the neighbors to monitor the family 24 hours a day. Her daughter was followed when she was out. Their telephone was tapped. The most unbearable thing was that the 610 Office and National Security Bureau instigated people to smash things or use an electric drill upstairs to make loud noises so that Ms. Zhang could not listen to Master's lectures (she was illiterate) or do the Falun Gong exercises. Especially during the night, this disturbance was more fierce. Ms. Zhang complained about it to the property manager many times, but he lied to her, saying that nobody was living upstairs.

For more than three years, Ms. Zhang Lianying was severely harmed both physically and mentally. Whenever sensitive dates approached, official personnel went to her home and harassed her. She was very frightened when they came. She worried that her daughter would be arrested or tortured. She also was concerned for the safety of her imprisoned son. She could not eat for several days after the authorities came.

This long-term harassment and intimidation took a huge toll on Ms. Zhang's mind and body. She died on May 31, 2006.

Wali Township Police Station (presently the Olympic Village Office Police Station): 86-10-84912224, 86-10-84913648

Police Officers Zhang Baohai and Zhang Yu

Wali Township 610 Office personnel: Li Jianxiang, Wang Youcai, Wang Chunhua (86-13681417129 (Cell)), Ma Yuelong

Property manager Wei Fulong: 86-10-62939071