(Clearwisdom.net) On February 4, 2002, two young men abruptly broke into my house, illegally arrested me and took me away, without a word, to a temporarily rented detention center where only Falun Gong practitioners were detained. It was on the fifth floor of the Qiulin Company in Shuangcheng City, Heilongjiang Province.

At the time, many practitioners were detained there. An older woman was tied to a chair. Everyone, young and old, was forced to stand without shoes on the cold concrete floor. We were forced to stand two to three hours each time, at all times of the day, with no toilet privileges.

The following are accounts of the persecution I witnessed and experienced, as well as the names of those responsible.

Yan Shanli, assistant mayor of Shuangcheng District, Shuangcheng City, Heilongjiang Province, hired some jobless people to supervise Dafa practitioners. Yin himself beat and verbally abused practitioners, and also hired others to do the same and to sexually harass female practitioners.

Liu Yuhua and a woman named Gao, who were both about fifty years old, were primarily responsible for brainwashing Dafa practitioners, forcing them to attend meetings and watch movies defaming Dafa.

Chen Yunzhan and Ran Lingcai, who beat and insulted Dafa practitioners very viciously, experienced karmic retribution for their crimes and died (this has been reported on the Internet).

Yan Shanli always ordered one or two practitioners to go outside and demanded that they answer the question, "Will you practice or not?" If the answer was, "yes," regardless of whether the practitioner was young or old, male or female, Yan Shanli would punch and kick them. One time, when two young practitioners, about ten years old, only answered, "Practice," he violently slapped them, so vehemently and loudly that the sound could be heard throughout the detention center. On the following day, he did not come to work. We heard that after hitting people, his hands were hurt. This was another example of karmic retribution.

One time when Yan Shanli forced practitioners to stand, a female practitioner was so weak from long-term imprisonment that she could not stand without others’ help. But Yan forced her to stand by herself. In addition, this evil Yan, to everyone’s surprise, instructed the people he had hired to swear and to spray urine inside the building.

Dafa practitioners not only suffered physical torture, but also endured continuous mental harassment. Starting at 8:00 a.m., under Liu Yuhua’s supervision, we were forced to watch the video showing the staged "Tiananmen self-immolation."

Liu was a hypocrite. She talked very nicely and showed her disguised "concern" over practitioner’s physical condition when families came to visit. But she was surreptitiously extorting money from practitioner’s family members.

As an older Dafa practitioner of 70 years, I used to have normal vision. After having been detained in that dark and wet place for more than twenty days, gradually I became almost blind.

After discovering this, my family back home requested my release, but their request was rejected. Chen Yongzhan said that I must agree to be "transformed" and that I must sign a guarantee statement promising not to practice Falun Gong any longer, and that I must trample over a picture of our benevolent Master before I could be released. I flatly refused. Knowing my determination, my folks strongly demanded that the persecutors release me. They unwillingly agreed to release me based on the fact that I had a serious eye problem and they did not want to be responsible for any consequences if anything should happen to me. But, they forced my folks to pay 3,000 yuan. My family, without any alternative, paid the ransom and took me home.

Although I am now out of this terrible detention center in Shuangcheng City, Heilongjiang Province, those people, who were controlled by the evil and who have done permanent damage to me and my family, have yet to repay their debts. My eyes have still not recovered.