(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Deng Yufang was around 60 years old. She was reported to police by someone while she was distributing truth-clarifying materials. Later, she was sent to the Renhe Police Station in Panzhihua City and then to the Wanyaoshu Detention Center. Once, she was found to be doing the exercises in the cell and was beaten by the police.

After being detained at the detention center for over one month, Deng Yufang was sent to the Nanmusi Women's Forced Labor Camp in Zizhong, Sichuan Province. She was detained there for over one-and-a-half years. After the police from the Renhe Police Station sent Ms. Deng to the Nanmusi Forced Labor Camp, she was severely tortured for nearly a month by the No. 5 Team and then transferred to the No. 8 Team which specialized in persecuting Falun Gong practitioners. At that time, the team leader was Li Qi. Ms. Deng and over one hundred other Falun Gong practitioners were brutally tortured in the No. 8 Team.

After January 1, 2004, the practitioners and other detainees at the forced labor camp were forced to perform intense physical labor. At that time, most of the practitioners detained there were middle-aged or older. They were ordered to pick flowers and sew woven materials (for export products). Their older age and this being a new skill for most of them resulted in their not doing well. Those who could not accomplish the assigned tasks fast enough were punished by being made to stand for long periods of time or were deprived of sleep.

The forced labor camp increased the intensity of the production task to a higher level, to make the practitioners sweat and toil more, and the ones who did not accomplish the goals were punished. Some of the elderly Falun Gong practitioners who did not have good eyesight, and those who were unable to work efficiently were relegated to a separate group called the "Miscellaneous Group," which was made up of nine people. The oldest among them was about 72 years old. Deng Yufang was put in this "Miscellaneous Group."

The major tasks for the Miscellaneous Group were to carry the food and water for the three meals daily for over one hundred people, and clean the yard, the toilet, etc. Reeling under both physical and mental torture, Deng Yufang became sick in March 2004. Her whole body became swollen, she developed a big lump in her stomach and she could not pass urine. She was unable to eat anything once she was sent to the forced labor camp. Under such harsh conditions, Ms. Deng was forced into long hours of harsh labor. Each day, the work hours were as much as 17 to 18 hours.

The police blocked the news of Deng Yufang's illness from her family. Their only contact with her family was to coerce them to keep sending money to the forced labor camp. The clinic at the forced labor camp injected some unknown medicine into Ms. Deng's body. Her situation remained serious, then became critical. To evade responsibility for Deng Yufang's condition, the forced labor camp sent her to another hospital outside of the forced labor camp for an examination but would not inform her of the results. Despite this situation, team leader Li Qi told her "Don't think that we will let you go home. We know you are pretending to be ill."

Deng Yufang's critical condition was grounds for her release on bail for medical treatment. However, she was deprived of all such rights and had to suffer inhumane persecution in the forced labor camp. Immediately prior to the expiration of her term, Ms. Deng was sent to an isolated cell and was only allowed to sleep for two hours. The forced labor camp ordered drug addicts to torture her.

Deng Yufang's body was swollen after her release from the forced labor camp and she could not eat anything. Every now and then, some perpetrator would go to her home and harass her. As a result of the Chinese Communist Party's barbaric persecution, Deng Yufang passed away in June 2006.