Part 1: http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2006/8/11/76632.html

Mr. Yan Shijun, who lives in Sihe Town, Yushu City, Jilin Province, started to practice Falun Gong in 1996. Mr. Yan benefited physically and mentally from the exercises.

After July 29, 1999, when the CCP regime outlawed Falun Gong, he went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong, but was arrested in Tiananmen Square and sent back to the Yushu Detention Center for fifteen days. Some practitioners who memorized new Dafa articles rather than the jail regulations were beaten by the guards, or were forced to sit on a wooden bench for a long time with legs crossed and palms up on the knees. If their bodies did not remain upright, the guards would strike the practitioners' backs with a bamboo sticks, oftentimes leaving bloody wounds.

In 2001, Mr. Yan went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong again, but was stopped in Jilin train station. In the police station nearby, the police bullied him into revealing his name and address, and deceived him into believing he would be set free if he told them his identity. Thus, Mr. Yan was trapped and was sent to the Yushu Detention Center. Later he was transferred to the Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp for further persecution.

In the Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp in Changchun City, Mr. Yan was under surveillance by four or five prisoners. In order to force him to renounce Falun Gong, the prisoners persecuted him with sleep deprivation and electric shocks.

In January 2002, Yan was tortured by Li Xiaohua, the head of the No. 4 brigade, who used an electric baton to shock his head, neck and chest, and threatened him, saying that he was predestined to be "transformed" under torture. Later on, Mr. Yan was sent to Jiutai Forced Labor Camp in Jilin Province.

In November 2002, the police caught Mr. Yan when he was hanging a Dafa banner and sent him to the Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp, where he has been deprived of sleep for one month. Certain prisoners are designated to torture him there. He was forced to stand with his face touching the wall; otherwise, he would be punished by being smacked against the wall. He was also forced to slander Falun Gong.

One day, Mr. Yan was forced to write a report. He signed it "Falun Gong practitioner." Accordingly, the guard asked him to correct it as "detainee." Yan answered, "I am innocent; I am illegally arrested; I am a Falun Gong practitioner; there is nothing wrong with me!" A guard with the family name Feng took Mr. Yan to the Instruction Room, asked him why he signed as a "Falun Gong practitioner" and asked him again to correct it, but Yan refused. The guard beat him and bloodied his mouth. Three days later, one tooth fell out. The guard also had five people shock him again with electric batons until he was in a coma. He was fed a drug for heart disease, but Yan threw it up in the restroom. Five days later, he lost another four teeth owing to the beating.

Since Mr. Yan has not been "transformed," five prisoners were further designated to drag him by the legs and attempt to get his fingerprints on a prepared "guarantee letter," but failed. Mr. Yan was then sent to a production workshop, where he was deprived of sleep. He was sentenced with twelve months imprisonment, and was only released after an eighteen day extension because he refused to sing songs to pay tribute to the CCP.

The liable persons:

Chief Miao, former chief of the Sihe Police Station, Yushu City.

Li Xiaohua, Zhang Guimei, Guard Feng: Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp.