(Clearwisdom.net) On January 1, 2001, Mr. Yu Tianyong, a Dafa practitioner in Mishan City, Heilongjiang Province, was arrested in Taiping District, Harbin City. The court illegally sentenced him to 10 years on illegal charges. He was imprisoned in The Third Jail of Harbin City. Due to imprisonment and persecution for an extended period, Yu suffered from pulmonary tuberculosis and was released on bail for medical treatment. He was treated in Jixi Phthisis Hospital. During this period, police from the Land Reclaiming Bureau, and other bad people, came to constantly harass him. After one month, police in Taiping District, Harbin City, arrested Yu again and imprisoned him in Wanjia Hospital for so-called medical treatment. Two months later, on May 22, 2002, Yu died from persecution in the hospital.

Not being able to stand this bitter blow, Yu’s mother fell sick and never recovered. Whenever Tianyong’s death was mentioned, tears would roll down her face. His father has experienced many political movements first hand, thus deeply knowing about the Chinese Communist party (CCP)’s evilness. He dares not speak another word about the situation. Yu’s sister also became mentally disordered due to the police harassing and threatening them at home many times.

Yu Tianyong was 35 years old, lived in Lianzhushan Town, Mishan City, Heilongjiang Province, and worked in the Land Reclaiming Bureau. He started to practice Falun Gong in 1996. In July 2000, he went to Beijing to appeal and voice his grievances for the persecution of Falun Gong. The public security bureau, police station and 610 Office in Mudanjiang City Agriculture Management Bureau, as well as the Land Reclaiming Bureau High School (where Yu’s parents work), sent people to chase Yu down in Beijing and escorted him back by force. On the way back to Mishan City, Yu managed to escape from them using righteous thoughts. The authorities forced Yu’s parents to pay 6000 yuan to cover their travel expenses, including a visit to a dancing bar, entertainment, etc. The two old people refused them. But some bad people in the Land Reclaiming Bureau High School took money from Yu’s parents by deducting it from their salaries for almost two years.

In June 2000, Yu’s wife, Dou Jianhua, went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong. She was arrested by the Public Security Bureau in Mudanjing City Land Reclaiming Bureau and was imprisoned in a detention center. At that time, Dou Jianhua was pregnant. The detention center still forced her to do taxing labor work, which caused a miscarriage. The detention center refused to release her. After protesting with a hunger strike, Dou was released home. But just a few days later, before her maternity leave ended, Beidaying Police Station in Mishan City illegally arrested her and detained her at the detention center again.

Later, the public security bureau in Mudanjiang City Land Reclaiming Bureau illegally sentenced Dou Jianhua to a forced-labor camp at Wanjia in Harbin City. She was imprisoned there and persecuted. When Yu Tianyong, (her husband) died from persecution, not only did the labor camp not tell her the news, but they also forced her to write a statement of remorse and so on, mentally torturing her repeatedly.