(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Chen Guoxiu was repeatedly detained and tortured by Chinese Communist Party (CCP) personnel. Her home was repeatedly ransacked. She was forced to become homeless and destitute in order to avoid being arrested at home. On July 14, 2006, Chen Guoxiu died as a result of persecution.

Ms. Chen Guoxiu, 53 years old, lived in Guoshuiping Town, Qidong County, Hunan Province. When she was 38 years old, she contracted diabetes, which triggered many other illnesses, including protrusions of lumbar intervertebral discs, a frozen shoulder, tonsillitis, angina and arthritis. In 1997, she was fortunate to start practicing Falun Dafa. All of her illnesses disappeared and she enjoyed excellent health.

Since Jiang’s regime started the persecution against Falun Dafa in 1999, Ms. Chen was repeatedly harassed and threatened by Liu Weiguo, the former Chief of the Guoshuiping Police Station, and Chen Lianyun, the Party Secretary of Guoshuiping Village. The authorities in Qidong County also persecuted her in many ways. In January 2000, Lei Mingliang, a driver for the police station, rushed into her home and found two practitioners there. Then Liu Weiguo led a group of people to search Ms. Chen’s home and they confiscated a large number of Dafa books. Ms. Chen was illegally detained in the detention center for a month. He Zhengrong, the head of the Political Security Section of the Police Department, tried to force her to disclose the source of the materials and information about the other two practitioners. He forced her to kneel on the ground and beat her. Li Wei also came over to slap her face twice and handcuffed her arms behind her back. They beat Ms. Chen for more than two hours.

On July 6, 2000, Chen Guoxiu went to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Gong. She sat cross-legged at Tiananmen Square and was arrested by the police from the Qianmen Police Station. That day, the police drove five or six hundred Falun Gong practitioners, who had come from all over the country, in several big buses to an apple orchard. They sat there for one day and night without food. Soldiers equipped with guns surrounded them, changing shifts every two hours. On the second day, the practitioners were taken to a plaza with concrete paving, where they were forced to stand under the blazing sun. Then the practitioners were taken to different places and detained and tortured. Ms. Chen was not released until she went on a hunger strike for seven days in protest of the illegal persecution.

On July 18, 2001, Ms. Chen Guoxiu went to Beijing again to stand up for Falun Gong. She was arrested and detained in the Qidong County Resident Office in Beijing for four days. On July 24, she was taken back by the local police from Qidong County and sent to the Qidong County Detention Center. On the second day, Wang Qimin from the Political Security Section of the Qidong County Police Department interrogated and beat Ms. Chen for a whole day. The police whipped her back, buttocks and ankles with a bamboo stick. They also tortured her with a torture called "Carrying the Sword" (in this torture, one hand is brought over the shoulder to the middle of the back, the other is brought around from the side, and the wrists are handcuffed together behind the victim's back). They tightened the handcuffs once every few minutes to increase Ms. Chen’s suffering. They also beat, kicked and verbally abused her. The police did not send her back to the prison cell until she was shivering from the beating and could not stand any more. Ms. Chen’s feet were swollen for over a month. The scars on her body were visible even two years later. Ms. Chen was detained for three months. During the detention, Wang Guibao, the party secretary in charge of the judicatory system in Guoshuiping Town, confiscated her truck and extorted 5,000 yuan from her family.

Just three months after Ms. Chen was released, on the night of December 24, Liu Weiguo led a group of police to abduct her again and detained her for five months.

One day in 2002, Ms. Chen was reading Zhuan Falun at home, and was seen by Zou Changlin, the former chief of the police station, and Zhou Huasheng, the present chief of the police station. They took the book away immediately. In July 2003, the local police ransacked her home again and confiscated Dafa books, VCDs of Fa-lectures, exercise suits and truth-clarification materials. Ms. Chen was forced to become homeless and destitute in order to avoid being arrested at home. Living away from home, she suffered all kinds of tribulations.

Under the evil party’s repeated harassment and persecution, Ms. Chen’s illnesses relapsed and she was sick in bed. In the beginning of July 2006, the officers from the Qidong County 610 Office, the National Security Team and the Guoshuiping Town Police Station went to her home to harass and threaten her again, which caused Ms. Chen Guoxiu’s situation to quickly deteriorate. She could not speak, and died on the night of July 14, 2006 as a result of the relentless persecution.