(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Li Ruihuan from Hebei Province is a Falun Dafa practitioner. On January 14, 2002, she went to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Gong and has not returned home since. It is not known if she is still alive. Her family has been looking for her everywhere, but to no avail.

Ms. Li Ruihuan is 60 years old and retired. She lived in Apartment 42-5-301 of the Power Plant dormitory in the Huaxin area, Tiyunan Street, Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province. Her husband Shi Yaogen is a retiree of the Shijiazhuang Power Plant.

Recently, we met a practitioner who went to Beijing with Li Ruihuan. She provided us with some details. She remembered the police who had tortured Ms. Li, and she is willing to be a witness if needed. We are determined to find the whereabouts of our family member, Li Ruihuan.

The following is the account provided by this practitioner.

On January 14, 2002, I decided to go to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong. I met an older practitioner. Later, I learned her name was Li Ruihuan. At the time, the appeals office no longer opened their doors to appealers. Therefore, we went to Tiananmen Square the same afternoon. Together we held up a banner that read, "Falun Dafa is Good" under the gate of Tiananmen.

As we were leaving, Li Ruihuan shouted, "Falun Dafa is good!" I did the same. Immediately, several of the police grabbed us and tried to drag us to the police car. I reasoned with them, "We are all good people, and we did not break any law. What are you arresting us for?" I held on to the doorframe of the vehicle and shouted, "Falun Dafa is good!" One of the policemen then kicked me very hard and pushed me into the car. Inside of the police vehicle, several of the police were beating Li Ruihuan. I shouted loudly, "Do not hit people!" The police finally stopped but remained foul-mouthed. By that time, Ms. Li was beaten so badly that she could not lift her head.

We were taken to the Tiananmen Police Station and locked up. There were already many practitioners from different cities detained at that police station.

The same day, we were handcuffed and taken to Fengtai Detention Center. The police tried to take our pictures and fingerprints, despite our resistance. We refused! Then the police ordered two criminals to cruelly beat us, pull our hair and twist our arms. We resisted. Then, we were taken to Changxindian Police Station and locked up in a big conference room.

During the night, we were interrogated -- one after the other. At the beginning, the interrogators pretended to be very friendly and promised that as long as we gave them our names and addresses, they would release us. Later when they found out that none of us was deceived by their tricks, two policemen took turns to torture us. A middle-aged policeman ordered a young policeman to shock me with an electric baton, and later asked him to use a larger electric baton on me. He shocked me with the baton, cruelly kicked my face, and poured cold water down my neck. The torture lasted quite a long time. I did not remember how late it was that night when they finally got too tired to torture me, and took me back to the conference room.

In the conference room, I saw Ms. Li Ruihuan. She also had suffered brutal torture, and it appeared much more severe than what I had suffered. She was in her 50s, her body was covered with wounds, and she was too weak to speak. Her entire body was shaking from hunger and coldness.

On the second day, they came to torture us again. This time the torturer was a middle-aged policeman who claimed to want to "teach me a good lesson." He kicked me hard and I was thrown against the wall. I bounced back and fell to the ground. He kept kicking me and cursing. When he was tired, he wanted to shock me with an electric baton, but he was unable to find one.

He faced me and said angrily "So you refuse to talk. Well, the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) has ways to make you talk. Take you to an isolated place, dig a hole and then bury you. Nobody will know it. You must have heard of the 'June 4th Incident' (i.e. the Tiananmen Massacre of students who called for democracy in 1989). So many students died after [the army] opened fire. Dealing with you will be much easier." I knew the truth of the Tiananmen Massacre, and asked him, "Didn't the TV say that (the army) did not even fire a single bullet, and no one died?" He said, "That was to hide the truth from the people, people like you." I said, "Do you know this? The things said on TV about Falun Gong are also fabricated, to deceive people like you who do not know the truth."

In the afternoon, the young policeman who shocked me the day before came again. When he saw that I had not yielded, he took a Dafa book from a drawer, tore off the page with Teacher's picture, and ordered me to step on it. I took it and tightly held it to my heart. He snatched it away from me and took out a lighter to burn the page. I told him sternly, "Young man, it would not do you any good if you do it." They stopped torturing me after they got tired.

The torture went on for four days. Some policemen were moved by our compassion, and would not treat us cruelly. But when their higher officers were present, they pretended to be hostile toward us. When the higher officers were not present, they would not touch us.

While being detained, the staff from various local government liaison offices in Beijing came to pick up practitioners. We kept on compassionately clarifying the truth to them, telling them that the reason that we refused to give our names and addresses under the torture was to avoid causing trouble for our families, friends, work units and local officials. They were moved. Though they would not admit it, it was obvious that none of them wanted us to give the police our names and addresses.

On the fourth night, the guard monitoring us fell asleep. I woke Li Ruihuan up, who was sitting with her eyes closed. We walked out, but Ruihuan was unable to run because she was injured too severely by the torture. We were both very nervous and could not remain calm. Soon the police seized us. We were brought back and the police tortured us even more cruelly. The guards thought that Ruihuan instigated the escape, and treated her especially brutally.

We were handcuffed to the heater pipe in the big conference room. The guards deprived us of sleep, and poured cold water on us once our eyes were closed. It was very cold then, and we only wore one or two layers of clothes. The cold water made us shake. I noticed that Ruihuan was extremely weak at that moment, but I could not do anything to help her. Later, many new criminals and juvenile offenders arrived and the police were too busy to interrogate us further.

On January 22, 2002, I fell asleep while handcuffed to the heat pipes. When I woke up, I found Ruihuan was gone. The guard told me that she was sent back home. But later, two policemen carried Ruihuan into the room.

From their conversation I learned that the police had tried to put Ruihuan on a train, but the conductor, seeing her so severely wounded and at the edge of death, refused to have her put on the train. The police opened my handcuffs, and I was able to mix water with some milk powder and feed her with it. Ruihuan was so exhausted that she was unable to speak.

On January 23, 2003, the police wanted to take me away (I did not know that they would release me). I insisted on staying, so I could look after Ruihuan. The police forced me to leave. After that, I heard nothing about Ruihuan. I did not know if she was still alive.

I still clearly remember the police and guards who tortured Ruihuan and me. No matter how many years have passed, I would still recognize them if we met. And I believe that from my description, people around them will be able to identify them.

Ruihuan's whereabouts are unknown. For years, we visited all of the prisons, forced labor camps and detention centers in Shijiazhuang. We did not hear anything about her. Recently people have talked about the secret camp at Sujiatun in Shenyang where organ harvesting from living Falun Gong practitioners on a large scale was performed. We heard that staff at the camp cremated practitioners' bodies to hide their crimes. Lots of hospitals worked with forced labor camps and detention centers that detained Falun Gong practitioners. That is where they got fresh organs for organ transplants, and so could make a huge profit. Lots of Falun Gong practitioners were killed in this way. We are shocked and in deep anxiety since hearing about this. Ruihuan's relatives are very worried.

We strongly request the related government departments to investigate the disappearance of Li Ruihuan and find out whether she is dead or alive. The perpetrators who tortured Ruihuan must be brought to justice.

Li Ruihuan's families address:

Heat and Electricity Factory Apartment Complex
Huaxing Living Distrct, Tiyu S. Street
Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province
Postal code: 050000
Addressee: Shi Zhaogen

Contact information for those agencies committing the aforementioned crimes:
Changxindian Police Station of Fengtai Police Department of Beijing
Address: #196, Changxindian Street, Fengtai District, Beijing
Phone: 86-10-63886249
Changxindian Police Station: 86-10-83876252, 86-10-83876249

Fengtai Police Department of Beijing
Address: #21, Qilizhuang, Fengtai
Phone: 86-10-63813322
Postal code: 100000

June 30, 2006