Ever since the cruel persecution of Dafa and Dafa practitioners began on July 20, 1999, just as with most practitioners in China, I have repeatedly been illegally detained, deceived, and fined by local agents. My house was searched and property was confiscated. I was often deceived into going to the town government office, and each time I was detained for ten, fifteen, or even twenty days. My family had to provide my food, and I was even watched when I was sleeping or using the bathroom.

During the People's Congress in March 2000, my spouse and I went to Beijing to appeal and clarify the truth of Falun Gong. In Beijing we saw a lot of plainclothes agents from the police department. They were there especially to arrest the protesting Falun Gong practitioners. A group of plainclothes agents came over to us and asked whether we practiced Falun Gong. When we said that we did, they immediately pulled us over to a car and pushed us in. We were caught and sent to a hotel, and our identification cards and over 400 yuan in cash were confiscated. Afterwards we were brought back home by officials from the Town Government of Laishui County and our village. Agents at the town government beat us and "illegally detained" us for fifteen days before releasing us.

Facing unreasonable persecution, in April 2000 I once again went to Beijing to appeal. I was arrested by police in Beijing and sent to the Tiananmen Police Substation. My hands were cuffed behind my back. It was so painful that drops of sweat fell to the ground. The police continued to tighten the handcuffs until I finally passed out. Then they removed the handcuffs, and my hands were black and blue. I couldn't move them they were so numb.

Later I was escorted from Beijing to the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) School of Laishui County where I was brainwashed. There were already more than seventy Dafa practitioners being persecuted there, and the sounds of beatings and screams incessantly filled the air. Some practitioners were tortured until they became crippled, and some were so severely tortured that their eyes became black and their faces became swollen. Some were disheveled, and there were many blisters on their mouths from cigarette burns. One time, to achieve their goal of "transformation," the evil people bought 1000 ropes. The ropes were used up in just a few days. Later they twisted electrical wires to scourge us. Some Dafa practitioners were beaten so severely that their lower thighs were all black and they felt like stone when touched. Someone pushed me down on the concrete floor and made me kneel with both my head and knees on the floor. Those in charge used stool legs to beat my thighs and buttocks. Even several months later the muscles of my thigh and buttocks were still stiff. They removed my belt and clothes and whipped my back with my belt. Even after two weeks, I still could not lie down.

In July 2000, after I was "illegally detained" by the town government for several days, I was transferred to the detention center in Laishui County. I was detained there for over forty days. As soon as I was out the door of the detention center I was again illegally arrested and sent to the CCP Brainwashing Center in Laishui County. During the more than forty days in the brainwashing center, I was severely tormented, cruelly beaten, and abused. My personal freedom was restricted, and I lived in terror.

In August 2000, I was transferred to Laishui County Detention Center, where I was detained for over twenty days. I was again detained at the notorious Gaoyang Forced Labor Camp until April 2001, when I was released to go home. When I returned home people could not recognize me. My skin had become very dark due to the lengthy labor, and I was so thin--the result of starvation over a long period of time--that my face looked longer.

Forty days after I had returned home, I was again arrested for no reason by the police department of Laishui County and sent to the detention center in Laishui County. Four months later I was again detained at Baoding Forced Labor Camp without reason. In the Baoding Labor Camp, if one refused to be "transformed" his/her arms and legs would be cuffed to a bed for a long time. This torture was very vicious. One's sweat kept dripping, and every second seemed longer than a year. This kind of torture was used on Dafa practitioners for twenty eight days and nights. After being removed from the bed, both hands were cuffed to a metal door for about two weeks. The wardens laughed and said, "This is for your own good."

June 28, 2006