Falun Dafa Association of Canada Writes to Prime Minister and Cabinet Ministers to Request Urgent Actions to Stop CCP's Atrocities
July 14, 2006
Re: Urging Canada to condemn horrific organ harvesting of Falun Gong practitioners in China and help stop the persecution and mass killing of Falun Gong practitioners
Dear Prime Minister,
Falun Dafa Association of Canada requests urgent action by the government of Canada with respect to the findings in the recent "Report into Allegations of Organ Harvesting of Falun Gong Practitioners in China." This report, released July 6, was the result of an independent investigation by human rights lawyer Mr. David Matas and former M.P. Hon. David Kilgour. They concluded that the allegations are true and considered that "organ harvesting of unwilling donors where it is either systematic or widespread is a crime against humanity."
"We believe that there has been and continues today to be large scale organ seizures from unwilling Falun Gong practitioners. We have concluded that the government of China and its agencies in numerous parts of the country, in particular hospitals but also detention centres and 'people's courts', since 1999 have put to death a large but unknown number of Falun Gong prisoners of conscience. Their vital organs, including hearts, kidneys, livers and corneas, were virtually simultaneously seized involuntarily for sale at high prices, sometimes to foreigners, who normally face long waits for voluntary donations of such organs in their home countries."
After assessing 18 elements of evidence that the authors submitted were "verifiable and in most cases incontestable," the report stated that the horrific organ seizures represented a grotesque form of evil that is new to this planet.
Since former Chinese president Jiang Zemin launched the persecution of Falun Gong in July 1999, the report noted that the Chinese Communist Party's (CCP's) policy on Falun Gong has been to "defame their reputation, bankrupt them financially, and destroy them physically." "The policy of repression of the Falun Gong means that they are in prison without rights, at the disposition of corrupt authorities. The incitement to hatred against the Falun Gong and their dehumanization means that they can be butchered and killed without qualms by those who buy into this official hate propaganda."
Mr. Kilgour and Mr. Matas submitted that "The increase in organ transplants in China parallels the increase in persecution of the Falun Gong" and that approximately 41,500 transplants performed from 2000 to 2005 have no identifiable source. They observed that "The allegation of organ harvesting from Falun Gong practitioners provides an answer," considering the massive arrests, repression and hate incitement targeting Falun Gong as well as other evidence, including:
- Cases of Falun Gong practitioners who have disappeared, unexplained blood testing of Falun Gong prisoners, and families receiving corpses with missing organs.
- Interviews with victims of the persecution and the testimony of a former wife of a surgeon allegedly complicit in the organ harvesting.
- Transcripts of telephone investigations in which officials at different hospitals, detention centres and courts in China admitted to using organs from Falun Gong practitioners.
- Widespread corruption of Chinese institutions, human rights violations generally, and the profitable business of organ transplanting in China.
- Self-accusatory information on various Chinese transplant centre websites and unusually short wait times for organs in China, suggesting the existence of a large bank of living "donors."
According to Paris-based Intelligence Online, in June CCP authorities reportedly assigned Deputy Minister of Public Security Liu Jing the task of "stamping out" Falun Gong before the Beijing Olympic Games in 2008.
* * *
The state-orchestrated slaughter to harvest organs from Falun Gong practitioners conforms to the CCP's "eradication" campaign against Falun Gong that has persisted for seven years. As practitioners persevere using peaceful means to call for an end to the persecution, men, women, and children continue to be murdered for their upright belief. This report tells the world that it must no longer underestimate and ignore the evil that these crimes against humanity represent. They are an attack on the moral conscience of all human beings. Canada needs to end its policy of appeasement in the face of Communist China's human rights atrocities as soon as possible.
We call on the Canadian government to:
- Issue a public statement to condemn the Chinese communist regime for its persecution of Falun Gong and its atrocity of organ harvesting from Falun Gong practitioners, urging the regime to end the persecution and release all Falun Gong practitioners immediately.
- Take active and effective measures to help stop the mass killing and organ harvesting of Falun Gong practitioners. End the fruitless bilateral human rights dialogue with the Chinese communist regime.
- Urge the Chinese regime to open for international inspection all detention facilities holding Falun Gong practitioners, including prisons, forced labour camps, detention centres, and hospitals, including mental hospitals.
- Reject the application currently before the CRTC to license nine Chinese communist regime-controlled TV channels for broadcast in Canada. The same channels are used to perpetuate hate and fuel the murder and torture of countless Falun Gong practitioners in China.
Canadians must stand up to stop this unbelievable atrocity in China. Only by protecting the safety and wellbeing of our fellow world citizens can we truly protect the integrity and dignity of our own country. There truly is no other choice we can make as human beings.
We respectfully request a meeting with you to provide more detailed information. We thank you for your attention and look forward to hearing from you.
President, Falun Dafa Association of Canada
Cc: all MPs and Senators
Report by Hon. David Kilgour and Mr. David Matas:
- David Matas and David Kilgour, "Report into Allegations of Organ
Harvesting of Falun Gong Practitioners in China," July 6, 2006.
- Response of David Kilgour and David Matas to the Chinese government
Media and Public Awareness:
- Mr. Kilgour and Mr. Matas's report has received high-profile media attention across Canada as well as internationally. Major English news media covering the story include Globe and Mail, Washington Post, CTV (including Canada AM), National Post, CBC (TV/radio), ABC (US), ABC(Australia), Kyoto News, Hong Kong Standard, Sydney Morning Herald, and Boston Globe, etc. Numorous local/regional media across Canada covered the story.
- Reports by news services were reprinted in publications worldwide. A short list follows:
- Reuters (Washington Post, ABC, Boston Globe, New Zealand Herald, Sydney Morning Herald...): "Team says China harvests Falun Gong organs," July 6, 2006.
- AFP (Hong Kong Standard, Taipei Times, Yahoo! News...): "Report alleges China harvests body parts from live inmates," By Michel Comte, July 6, 2006.
- CP (CBC, Toronto Sun, London Free Press, Montreal Gazette, Halifax Chronicle Herald...): "Report claims China harvests body parts from Falun Gong for transplant," By Jim Bronskill, July 6, 2006. (http://www.cbc.ca/cp/health/060706/x070626.html)
- CanWest News Service (Ottawa Citizen, National Post, Vancouver Sun, Victoria Times, Calgary Herald, Global National Online, Edmonton Journal, Windsor Star...): "China kills Falun Gong members for organs, ex-MP says," By Mike De Souza, July 6, 2006. http://www.canada.com/globaltv/national/story.html?id=b380054d-1c9c-45f5-b641-8de90e4ec900)