Cases of Karmic Retribution in the Changshou District of Chongqing City
(Clearwisdom.net) Editors Note: In both Western and Chinese culture, the principle of karmic retribution, that is, being held ultimately accountable for one's own actions, is widely accepted. The fundamental teaching of Falun Gong is the characteristic of the universe, "Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance." The universe will reward actions that are in harmony with this principle, while actions such as beating, torturing and murdering people will incur karmic retribution. Stated another way, good deeds will be rewarded with good, while evildoings will meet due retribution. Articles such as this one are meant as a compassionate reminder of this principle to those who would commit wrongdoing. While many of those who persecute Falun Gong are merely "following orders," the universal law requires that they, too, be held responsible for their actions, and that only by reversing their course of wrongdoing may they escape retribution.
1. Chen Huayun, the former head of Taiping Town Police Station, was actively involved in persecuting local Falun Gong practitioners. He illegally arrested nine practitioners and took them to the so-called "education classes" (brainwashing center) and restricted their personal freedom for as long as a month. He peeked outside practitioners houses and arrested anyone who practiced the exercises. In 2001, Chen drove a car without a license and hit a residential building. The accident killed one person. Chen himself was then sentenced to re-education through forced labor in prison.
2. Zhang Bingcheng, the former Secretary of Duzhou Town Communist Party Committee, was involved in persecuting practitioners. He held many "education classes" and confiscated practitioners books. He was later diagnosed with angiitis and had to retire in order to receive treatment. His condition worsened, and there was no improvement even after one of his legs was amputated. Zhang eventually died in pain while he was getting ready for a surgery to amputate his other leg.
3. Li Guoqing was the former secretary of the Duzhou Village Communist Party Committee in Duzhou Town. After July 1999, Li frequently brought guards along to ransack practitioners houses. Local practitioners had warned him against persecuting practitioners. He did not listen, and slandered Falun Gong in public. He yelled, "You Falun Gong say that we cannot persecute you and we will get retribution if we do. I just dont believe your words. We will see if thats true." Li was initially diagnosed with a minor stomach disease. After this public slander, he was diagnosed with final stage lung cancer. He died two months later. Before he died, his relative said to him, "You did too many bad deeds. They practice Falun Gong. Does that have anything to do with you?" Li deeply regretted his actions. Tears welled in his eyes, but it was too late. Everyone has to pay for the bad deeds they have committed.
4. Zhou Huaiyun was the former secretary of the Tianbei Village Communist Party Committee in Duzhou Town. Zhou had ordered people to ransack practitioners houses and search for Falun Gong books. He died shortly after from a sudden serious illness.
5. Wang Fusheng was an elderly person who cleaned Duzhou Street. The Party threatened him with the loss of his salary, forcing him to tear apart Falun Gong truth clarification posters. Not long after, he choked while eating. He was diagnosed with cancer of the esophagus and died during surgery.
6. Liu Yayuan, former secretary of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) committee at Changshou Chemical Factory Hospital, was involved in persecuting the practitioners held at the hospital. On the eve of the 2004 "National Day," a persecuted practitioner warned her, "Please do not follow the Chinese Communist Party and persecute Falun Gong, or else you may just encounter a natural or human disaster as retribution, and you wont even know why it happened." Several days later, Liu was hit by a motorbike and became disabled.
7. Xu Shiquan, former head of the appeal office in Chuanwei Factory, was very active in persecuting Falun Gong. He even forbade practitioners from making eye contact with each other, not to mention talking to each other at the brainwashing center that was opened to specifically persecute practitioners. He developed cancer in 2005 and became paralyzed and bedridden.
8. Luo Jian was the former deputy head of Changshou Police Station. On June 30, 2005, Luo ordered the police to search all practitioners houses in the county. On July 7 of the same year, Luo died in a car accident on the Yuchang freeway.
9. Yan Keren, 63, was a former cadre of the housing department. On December 9, 2005, at a meeting of retired workers, Yan read out the CCPs documents on persecuting Falun Gong to the attendees. After reading them, he also said that no one should practice Falun Gong. Three days later he did not feel well. He died due to a sudden serious illness before he even had the chance to have a physical checkup after arriving in Chongqing City.
10. Huang Shibao was the former secretary of the Communist Party Committee of the City Construction Office. At the so-called "transformation" center, Huang cooperated with the Party in persecuting practitioners and threatened them with, "if you practice you will be thrown into jail." In September 2004, he had a car accident on his way to attend a meeting in Chongqing City. Three of his ribs were broken. The current secretary of the Communist Party Committee of the City Construction Office, Xiang Ruiqing (who has carried out orders for the 610 Office), was accompanying Huang. Xiang had his cervical vertebra dislocated in the accident. Xiang currently still relies on acupuncture needles to keep his cervical vertebra in the correct position.
11. Ms Jiang, in her 70s, is retired. She used to monitor and tail practitioners and eavesdrop on their conversations. She also unreasonably interfered with practitioners. She suffered some illnesses in 2006 and was hospitalized at a cost of more than 30,000 yuan. She currently cannot speak and half of her body has developed an infection.
12. Mr. Xu, around 50 years old, used to sell cigarettes in Lin Village. He monitored practitioners and reported to the police about the whereabouts of practitioners. He died of cancer in 2005.
13. Wen Shuhua, a former member of Taohua Elderly Association, viewed Falun Gong practitioners as enemies and spread slanderous words. Practitioners had warned her, "Stop saying this. This is bad for you." She replied, "Who cares? I live each day as if it were my last." Soon after, Wen died in a car accident.
There are many more similar cases. We will publish more of these cases in the near future. Our intention is to warn people who are still helping the evil yet who still have a sense of conscience: Stop persecuting Falun Gong, for the benefit of yourself and your family. Do not be blinded by self-interest and become tools of the evil party to persecute Falun Gong. It is a universal truth that good is rewarded with good and evil is punished. People who help in persecuting Falun Gong will receive retribution.