(Clearwisdom.net) For refusing to give up Falun Dafa, practitioner Piao Yingjie was arrested on April 17, 2002 and her home was ransacked. She was sent to the Daqing City Detention Center where she began a hunger strike and was subjected to brutal force-feeding. On June 13, 2002 she was sentenced to two years of forced labor and detained in the Drug Rehabilitation Center and Heilongjiang Province Women's Forced Labor Camp located at Harbin where she suffered from long-term, inhuman torture.

The Heilongjiang Province Women's Forced Labor Camp is indeed a hell in the human world. Police use all kinds of methods to abuse and persecute steadfast practitioners. Groups of collaborators were initially arranged to brainwash the practitioners who would be taken away at 5:00 a.m. and could not return until 9:00 p.m. or 10:00 p.m. The police and collaborators would brainwash the practitioners with those evil things all day long and not let practitioners’ brains rest.

When the above method didn’t work, the practitioners would be detained in a room with all the doors and windows completely sealed. The practitioners were forced to sit on a small stool all day long and were subjected to nonstop berating from the collaborators.

At the end of November 2002, the guards started a so-called "fortification fight." Piao Yingjie and other steadfast practitioners were taken to a basement that had been especially set up with torture implements and ground metal rings everywhere. There were also separate small rooms equally equipped. The police held electric rods in their hands and threatened to turn them on. Doing so made crackling noises and emitted blue lights.

All the steadfast practitioners from two divisions were gathered together. Some were forced to squat on their heels and handcuffed to the torture tools, and some were handcuffed to the ground metal rings. No one had permission to sit, go to the restroom, or talk or look at others. Those who talked would have their mouths taped shut. Those who had looked at others would have their eyes taped shut.

An older woman named Ms. Sun Xiumin wore a pair of thick cotton pants. The practitioner was unable to squat for that long a time and had to sit down. The police forbade her to sit and slid a basin with cold water under her from behind. She thus had to sit in the cold water, soaking her pants.

These police urged criminal prisoners to remove the practitioners’ coats, and to open the window and let cold air in. Piao Yingjie's hands, face and legs were badly swollen. She could not straighten her legs due the swelling. Long-term squatting down made her knees bleed and the scars are still visible.

The practitioners were deprived of sleep for 96 hours for four consecutive days. On the fourth night, they escalated the persecution. Many police officers held the electric rods and forced practitioners to squat down, with the upper body straight up and keeping still in this position. Whoever moved a little bit would be beaten and yelled at by criminal inmates. Those who refused to write the Three Statements would suffer from electric shocks, torture, ruthless beatings and berating. Some practitioners were covered with bloody wounds from pinching, and some passed out from the electric shocks.

Piao Yingjie was unable to stand up or walk due to the torture. However, she was still dragged into a small room. A group of criminal prisoners came upon her and beat and hurled insults at her. Police shocked her with an electric rod and poured water on her body and her head, to wake her up when she passed out. Division head Wang Limei ordered the criminal prisoners to pinch Piao on places on her body that cannot be detected. Piao Yingjie still refused to write the "Three Statements." The criminal prisoners tried to physically force her to write, but failed. They wrote it down for her. After she refused to sign it, they took her to a small room and used a specially designed torture tool. The criminals Liu Yali and Wang Rongmei removed her clothing, leaving her only the undergarments. She was forced to stand barefoot on a specially made torture instrument that had a thin strip of metal in the vertical position, which felt like standing on the blade of a knife. They also put a plastic stool on her head. She was forbidden to sleep or to go to restroom. They used all kinds of torture methods on her to try to force her to give up her belief in Falun Dafa.