(Clearwisdom.net) After 4:00 p.m., on March 28, 2006, several Falun Dafa practitioners, including Zhang Shujun, Chen Wen, and Chen Xiangyang, were arrested at their truth clarification materials production site by police from Qingyunpu Police Department and Daishan Local Police Station in Nanchang city. On the afternoon of March 29, they were taken separately to the Daishan 510 Hotel in the Qingyunpu area and tortured for two days. Zhang Shujun was handcuffed and hung onto a burglarproof security grid. Her heels could not touch the ground and her body could not remain straight (the burglarproof security grid and window wall were separated by only about a foot.)

Under orders from the manager and assistant-manager of Daishan Police Station, director Zhang Jun from Qingyunpu Police Department and policeman Deng Xiangyang, two patrol officers each held one of Zhang Shujun's legs, and pulled her into a straight line, violently pushing, pulling and shaking her. Zhang's lower back was scraped and bruised under the shaking. She was repeatedly tortured for six hours. During the torture, Zhang Shujun was not allowed to close her eyes. As soon as she closed her eyes, the police called the patrol officers to beat her mercilessly. Policeman Deng Xiangyang also fiercely hit Zhang Shujun's toes with the chair legs, causing her feet to be covered with blood and her flesh wounded. Currently, her hands and fingers are numb,and her whole body aches. Practitioner Chen Wen suffered the same torture. The condition of other practitioners arrested is unclear.

The parties directly participating in this persecution also include Hu Xiaojun, Zhu Li, and chief Li (possibly from the municipal police department in Nanchang). They claimed to have sent more than fifty people to arrest the practitioners.

The apparent reason for the destruction of this materials site is that practitioner Chen Xiangyang's home was ransacked by police from Qingyunpu Police Department on March 27. Chen Wen and Chen Xiangyang were not home. Chen Wen's son came to the materials site the next morning to inform them, and he was followed by the police. After 4:00 p.m. on March 28,the police broke into the materials site and confiscated all of the equipment. They also took a checkbook with 18000 yuan. Afterwards the police went to Zhang Shujun's home and took her checkbook and cash totaling more than 10,000 yuan. Other details are unclear.