(Clearwisdom.net) A reporter and news crew from China Central Television (CCTV) conducted a staged interview at the Dongfeng Elementary School in Beishankou Town, Gongyi City, Henan Province in 2000. They also shot lots of footage inside Li Jucai’s home in order to fabricate false news. When the reporter videotaped the front gate of the elementary school where Li Jucai previously worked, other villagers who knew Li Jucai confronted the crew saying, "Why didn’t you videotape Li Jucai when his life was extended for more than a year by practicing Falun Gong after his ‘death sentence’ from terminal cancer? Who are you interviewing now after he's been dead for more than six months?

Many people on the spot raised questions, but the reporter could not come up with an answer. Soon afterwards, CCTV still aired the fabricated news saying, "Li Jucai died because he refused to take medication for practicing Falun Gong when he was sick!"

Li Jucai was in his 60s. He lived in Dongfeng Village, Beishankou Town, Gongyi City, Henan Province. He retired in early 1998 because he suffered from stomach cancer and didn’t experience any improvement after receiving treatment from numerous doctors. The doctors said that he would not live long. He started practicing Falun Dafa in May 1998, and his condition improved greatly. His appetite improved, and his face turned from gray to a rosy complexion. He no longer needed his medications and was full of energy. He found a job as a gatekeeper at the Dongfeng Elementary School.

Jiang's villainous group started the nationwide persecution against Falun Gong on July 20, 1999. Li Jucai tried to appeal to the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) regime and tell the benefits he experienced through Falun Gong practice, and that they should stop persecuting Falun Gong. The lawless officials intercepted him before he arrived at his destination.

Because Li Jucai was a member of the CCP, the local administrators constantly pressured him and fined him, trying to get him to stop practicing Falun Gong. Yue Tianyou, a local police station chief, ordered a group of police officers to ransack his home and take his Dafa books. They constantly harassed Li Jucai, intervened in his employment and forced the loss of his job. Li Jucai had lived through many of the CCP’s political movements, and he clearly knew that there was no way to reason with the CCP. He faced pressure from all fronts and could no longer take it. He tried to hang himself, but his wife and daughter-in-law saved him in time. [Note: The teachings of Falun Gong forbid killing, including committing suicide and self-injury.] Yet, the wicked local officials continued to pressure him nonstop and threatened him saying, "We’ll expel you from the CCP and fire your son from his job if you continue to practice Falun Gong." Li Jucai collapsed, and his family rushed him to the hospital. Revival efforts failed and he passed away in November 1999.

Li Jucai passed away due to persecution and yet, CCP officials known for their lies, viciousness and mentality to strike people down not only didn’t take any responsibility for his death, but they also lied about the cause of his death in order to deceive the public.