(Clearwisdom.net) The Xingqing District Court "illegally sentenced" Falun Dafa practitioners Mr. Hu Jiancai and Mr. Qiao Jianhui to four and a half years in prison. Both of them have filed appeals. The Yinchuan City Medium Court was scheduled to listen to the case on June 19, 2006.

Mr. Qiao Jianhui, 34 years old, lives in the Dawuko District of Shizuishan City. While employed with the Shizuishan Darong Group, Mr. Qiao began practicing Falun Gong in 2000. Not long after beginning to practice, while distributing truth clarification materials, he was illegally arrested and sentenced to forced labor for three years. Mr. Qiao was also laid off by his former employer.

Mr. Hu Jiancai, 29 years old, lives in Zhongning County. After graduating from Baotou Steel College, Mr. Hu worked at the Shizuishan Steel Plant. He began practicing Falun Gong in 1998. After the unjustified persecution of Falun Dafa began on July 20, 1999, he was arrested and sentenced to forced labor for three years for clarifying the truth about the persecution. Mr. Hu was also laid off by his former employer.

On May 27, 2005, a group of policemen from the State Security Departments of Yinchuan City and Shizuishan City Police Stations raided the location rented by Mr. Hu Jiancai and his fellow practitioners in the Xingqing District, Yinchuan City. After illegally breaking into the premises, the police arrested Mr. Qiao, Mr. Hu, and Mr. Cai Guojun and sent them to the Shizuishan Detention Center.

On June 9, 2005, Mr. Cai Guojun was tortured until he was paralyzed. The State Security Department of the Xingqing District Police Station in Yinchuan City was responsible. The policemen of the Shizuishan State Security Department tortured and battered Mr. Qiao Jianhui and Mr. Hu Jiancai for information that would assist the persecution of Falun Gong. Later, Mr. Qiao and Mr. Hu were transferred to the Shizuishan and Yinchuan Detention Centers. During this entire ordeal, both of them were subjected to much torture and abuse.