(Clearwisdom.net) My name is Lu Huiyi. My husband Li Junqing was an employee at the security section of the Power Bureau of Kaiyuan City, Yunnan Province. Since the persecution started in 1999, the authorities imprisoned me in a forced labor camp for one and a half years because I upheld my practice of Falun Gong. During that time, my lonely husband traveled around the Yanji region in Jilin Province. Because he carried some truth-clarification materials, the local police arrested him and imprisoned him in Yinmahe forced labor camp in Jiutai City, Jilin Province. After a few months of imprisonment, he died in police custody. While the death notice from Yinhema Labor Camp stated that my husband died on December 17, 2002, the death certificates from my husband's former employer and from the police station of the Kaiyuan City police department had the death date as November 17, 2002.

Why did they deceive me? What are they trying to hide? What injustice killed my husband?

I am 56 years old. Since I started to practice Falun Dafa back in 1996, I have been striving to follow the principle of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance. Because of my diligent practice, my chronic illnesses, including heart disease, kidney disease, and rheumatoid arthritis, gradually disappeared. Having witnessed how I changed physically and mentally after I practiced Falun Gong, my husband realized how great Falun Gong was. Therefore, at the end of 1997, he, too, started to practice Falun Gong. Although he read the books of Falun Dafa, he did not fully believe in the existence of gods because of his lack of good understanding of Falun Dafa and because he had been poisoned by the CCP's atheist ideology. He simply practiced the Falun Gong exercises. He did understand that Falun Dafa teaches people to become better people. He often said, "If everybody followed the teachings of Zhuan Falun, there would be no corruption."

While distributing truth-clarification flyers on February 13, 2001, the police arrested me. I was imprisoned at the detention center in Kaiyuan City. A few months later, the authorities sentenced me to one and a half years' imprisonment in the women's forced labor camp in Kunming City. My husband visited me a few times. Each time he came, the guards tried to coerce him to persuade me to give up my practice. Knowing Falun Dafa is good, he did not cooperate but simply kept silent. The guards threatened me, "If you don't want to get "transformed", you will be killed instead of being released." In front of my husband, I responded, "I don't want to seek a moment's peace by hurting Master or hurting Falun Dafa against my will. Even if it means I will die in the labor camp, I will continue to clarify the truth." My husband was very sad because he thought I would not be able to get out of the forced labor camp because of my determination. After going home, he felt very lonely as our only child was working out of town. As a result, he decided to take advantage of the holidays in May 2002 to tour Jilin Province to relax a little bit.

After being imprisoned for more than a month, I was finally released on September 17, 2002. When I got home, I learned that my husband had been arrested when he was touring the Yanji region of Jilin Province. On July 13, 2002, the local police officers searched his bag and found some truth-clarification materials entitled "All good-hearted people, please come to understand the truth of Falun Gong." When I was first released, he had already been imprisoned for over two months. Nobody knew where he was until October 12 when my husband called my sister, telling her he was imprisoned at Yinmahe forced labor camp in Jiutai City. I wrote two letters to him, but neither reached his hands.

Around the 27th of October, 2002, my husband called me and told me that Wang Yong, the CCP secretary of the power plant where he used to work, He Aijin, the 610 Office head, and Yu Chaoman, the head of the security section whom he used to work for, went to Yinmahe labor camp to visit him. Timid, simple, and honest, my husband asked me over the phone, after the heads at his former workplace returned to Yunnan Province, to request them to take him home. I said I already asked them, but they said they couldn't. When I asked him how long he was sentenced, he said he didn't know. "Maybe I can come home after the New Year," he said. I was about to ask him why he was arrested when he hung up.

At about 10 a.m. on December 17, 2002, the chief of the security section where my husband used to work, the head of the 610 Office, and the CCP secretary came to my home. "Do you want to visit your mother for a while? If you want, we can give you a ride," they said. I said I would visit my mother after my husband returned home. After ten minutes of conversation, the phone rang. "Is this the family of Li Junqing?" asked a mandarin-speaking man. "Yes," I answered. He said, "Li Junqing became sick for four days. He was sent to a hospital for treatment, but he passed away at 7 a.m. this morning." Hearing the word "passed away," I was stunned. Dropping the phone, I fell on the floor and fainted away. I couldn't hear a thing.

Every year, my husband had physical examinations and was always diagnosed as being healthy. When a relative of ours in Changchun City visited him at Yinmahe forced labor camp, he looked very healthy. Why did he die suddenly?

In 2005, I went to my husband's former workplace to get the death certificate. I noticed that the death date on the certificate was November 17, 2002, rather than December 17. Then I requested the death certificate from the police station of Kaiyuan City police department. Once again, the death date was November 17 - exactly one month before the date when the man at Yinmahe forced labor camp called me and told me about my husband's death.

The violent persecution by CCP results in tremendous atrocities being committed against good citizens. The authorities at my workplace and from various levels of the 610 Offices came to my home once every few days to try to brainwash me. Afraid of my appeals, they dispatched security guards to constantly monitor everything I did, and to deprive me of my physical freedom. Simply because of my practice of Falun Gong and of my belief in Truthfulness-Compassion-Tolerance, the CCP began persecuting me relentlessly.

I strongly believe that good is rewarded with good, and evil with evil. The truth will eventually be exposed.

Wang Yong, CCP Secretary at Xiaolongtan Power Plant, Kaiyuan City, Yunnan Province, Tel: 86-873-6515213 (Office)