(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Zhong Yunzhen, 57 years old, was a resident of Tongliang County, Chongqing. The Chinese Communist Party had persecuted her for extended periods of time ever since April 25, 1999. Local police had arrested her three times. She had been illegally detained for as long as six months. The shortest detention period was a little under a month. Her health rapidly deteriorated during detention. Ms. Zhong displayed symptoms of chronic cough and exhaustion. Despite her deteriorating health, the secret agents sent by the CCP continued to monitor and harass her. In the middle of the night on April 25, 2006, the police and Party secretary of the residents' committee barged into her house to harass her. Ms. Zhong's health was then so bad that she was unable to take care of daily activities. Ms. Zhong Yunzhen passed away on May 11, 2006.

Ms. Li Daying, 50 years old, was a practitioner from Liyang Town in Li County, Hunan Province. Her whole family were Falun Dafa practitioners. In November 1999, her entire family went to Beijing to appeal and clarify the facts about Falun Gong. Later her son was compelled to go from place to place to avoid the persecution. In January of 2001, Ms. Li was arrested and sent to a brainwashing center by the county political and judiciary committee, the 610 Office and police from the detention center. She was brainwashed and tortured. In March 2001, the police found out from the Changsha Women's Prison that Ms. Li knew her son's whereabouts, so they transferred her to the detention center. They hung her up and beat her cruelly. The beatings made her incontinent. She fainted and went into convulsions at the brainwashing center. She suffered tremendous mental and physical torture. In June 2001, after she returned home, the police, 610 Office agents, National Security Officers, and personnel from the Political and Judiciary Committee frequently came to her residence to harass, threaten, and arrest people. Ms. Li Daying died on April 22, 2004.

Mr. Pei Chunguang, 74 years old, was a practitioner from Weifang City, Shandong Province. He suffered from many illnesses before cultivating Falun Dafa. He suffered from sciatica pain and protruding spinal discs and could not stand. After cultivating in Falun Dafa beginning in 1995, all of his illnesses disappeared. In May 1999 he went to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Gong. Along the way police arrested him and sent him to a stadium to be detained for two days. Then he was sent to a suburban guest house and detained. After people from his place of employment came to fetch him, they continued to illegally detain him and also threatened and fined him. After he was released, the personnel from his place of work frequently came to his house to harass him. He became nervous and afraid and had a relapse of sciatic pain and became paralyzed. Mr. Pei was unable to take care of his daily activities and passed away on February 4, 2006.

Mr. Liu Wensheng was a practitioner from Haihua Town in Weifang City, Shandong Province. He started cultivating Falun Dafa in 1997 and received physical and spiritual benefits. Officials arrested him in 2000 when he was practicing the exercises at a man-made lake. He was detained and persecuted, but he persisted in cultivation after he was released. At around 1:00 a.m. one day in January 2002, four persons from the Haihua Town police precinct once again arrested him and took him from his residence. All of his Falun Dafa literature and books were confiscated. He was cruelly beaten. The police threatened his daughter and attempted to make her monitor her father to make sure he did not practice the exercises. His daughter refused. She was also cruelly beaten. Under continual persecution and pressure by the personnel from Chinese Communist Party agents, Mr. Liu gave up cultivation. He suffered much from mental and physical persecution. He passed away in August 2002.

Ms. Sun Shuqing, 71 years old, was a practitioner from Songjiang Township in Jiaohe City, Jilin Province. She started cultivating Falun Dafa in 1996 and various illnesses that she used to suffer from disappeared. After July 20, 1999, personnel from the local police station frequently harassed her. In early May 2002 she was detained for half a month. Her son was sent to a forced labor camp for two years. Ms. Sun was so worried that she fell ill and died on May 23, 2006